[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

@amarius1 Are you in the Rewards Program of Curseforge? (https://www.curseforge.com/rewards-program)

You get some points for downloads of your mods which you can then change into amazon gift cards (or was it paypal?). It is not much, one gets around one point per day (around 5 Cents), but it may help. 

Current to-do list for the next version of Kerbol Origins.

Spoiler

- Update all configs to work with KSP 1.3 and the latest Kopernicus

- Update all EVE configurations, textures, and Scatterer configurations

And if necessary:

- update root folder structure to cut loading times by up to several seconds

- give rings and terrain textures a lookover

- provide more scaledspace beauty without affecting loading times

13 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@amarius1 Are you in the Rewards Program of Curseforge? (https://www.curseforge.com/rewards-program)

You get some points for downloads of your mods which you can then change into amazon gift cards (or was it paypal?). It is not much, one gets around one point per day (around 5 Cents), but it may help. 

Alright seems like I have 42 points. The steam version is not the latest but I will update it shortly. I need any income I can get to work on this mod. I don't want to say goodbye this community.

5 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

What's the latest version of Kerbol Origins for 1.2.2? Is it the one on Curse, or is there one in this thread that I might've missed?

Look on Space Dock in the Changelog section.

10 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Current to-do list for the next version of Kerbol Origins.

Reveal hidden contents

- Update all configs to work with KSP 1.3 and the latest Kopernicus

- Update all EVE configurations, textures, and Scatterer configurations

And if necessary:

- update root folder structure to cut loading times by up to several seconds

- give rings and terrain textures a lookover

- provide more scaledspace beauty without affecting loading times

Sounds good man! It's pretty much what I am unable to do...

I have 4 sticks of G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3-1600 PC3-12800

9-9-9-24 1.5v

It's either 8GB or 12GB total.  I forget and I'd have to pop them out to see for sure.  It's from an AMD Phenom 2 build with an AM3 Gigabyte board and an ATI HD5850 card.  It also has a tower cooler.  Now, my gf will literally rip my nuts off if a Paypal charge shows up on the CC.  We're buying a house and I'd like to avoid all arguments if possible.  But I also want to help a guy out.  So, you can have any of it.  If shipping is reasonable for any of the individual parts, I'll handle that.  You could even have the whole damned thing.  It just needs peripherals and an ATX case to go into.  But I can't imagine shipping to Romania would make it worth it and I'd have no idea how to set it up without you prepaying for those costs.  But if you want a few sticks of RAM that are just laying around collecting dust and it only costs a handful of freedom dollars to send it, I can do that.  Let me know.

Hope this doesn't break any "forum rules" or anything.  And no.  If he doesn't want it, you can't have it.  My charity doesn't work like that.

6 hours ago, MrChumley said:

As a fellow user of a potato on life support I feel your pain.  I hope everything works out :D

Don't go @amarius1!  We won't let you go!

Totally awesome ksp community :D  

Thanks man. I'll try staying around, responding to questions and updating the mod links but I will be unable to do any major work to the mod... 

Any of my potatoes are unable to play KSP and my bad laptop is so weak I have to install Android on it for proper use..

Edited by amarius1

The latest version of Kopernicus (1.3.0-5) doesn't work with Kerbol Origins. It generates an unending set of null reference exceptions when trying to load a save.  Here is my original post which includes the KSP.log files with only Kopernicus & Kerbol Origins installed, both with the bugged version of Kopernicus and the previous version of Kopernicus.@Sigma88 requested that I report the introduced bug here.  It is still compatible with Kopernicus 1.3.0-4.

1 hour ago, Delvan said:

The latest version of Kopernicus (1.3.0-5) doesn't work with Kerbol Origins. It generates an unending set of null reference exceptions when trying to load a save.  Here is my original post which includes the KSP.log files with only Kopernicus & Kerbol Origins installed, both with the bugged version of Kopernicus and the previous version of Kopernicus.@Sigma88 requested that I report the introduced bug here.  It is still compatible with Kopernicus 1.3.0-4.

Same to me.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:50 PM, Angstinator said:

Hold on, is there a version that has only the planets themselves?

I'd like to work on a 10x size version of this mod in order to make it compatible with 10x Kerbol.

What do you mean? If you want only the planets, just remove the Parts folder from Kerbol Origins folder. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 1:14 PM, amarius1 said:

Please don't leave this mod.. I wish it to live :(( two years of work gone into this...

@The White Guardianwhat's kicking? any progress? 

@Olympic1are you still with us?

@Nils277ready for some new sketches for parts?

Not leaving this mod, just haven't had much time to update it.

I'm currently working a lot on some of my own packs, but I'll work on KO asap

44 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Not leaving this mod, just haven't had much time to update it.

I'm currently working a lot on some of my own packs, but I'll work on KO asap

I will make an announcement soon. Good news coming :D

@amarius1 I could set up a server on Discord if you'd like. It'd allow for instant messaging, and easy integration of photos in messages (no need for Imgur). It'd also enable the Discord-using K.O. fans to stay up-to-date with my progress easily

Either way, I'm about to begin updating K.O. to 1.3.X

4 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

@amarius1 I could set up a server on Discord if you'd like. It'd allow for instant messaging, and easy integration of photos in messages (no need for Imgur). It'd also enable the Discord-using K.O. fans to stay up-to-date with my progress easily

ANNOUNCEMENT! KO DEVELOPMENT RESUMING.

I have managed to get a new machine to work that is quite capable of 60fps KSP and modding

New machine:

• I7 2670QM 2.2ghz-3.1ghz boost
  • GT525M+iGPU
  • 8gb RAM 1333mhz DDR3
  • 120gb SSD+500gb HDD

What this means, everyone, is that development for Kerbol Origins will soon resume from my side and I will be able to work on the mod from time to time and with the help of @The White Guardian we will make this mod even greater than it perhaps is. Kerbol Origins will not die! :')

Texture generation speed has also encreased a lot on new hardware. While on my old desktop height maps and other textures used to take one hour to generate, on this laptop the procedure takes little more than 10 minutes, at 4096 resolution as opposed to the 2048 most KO textures use.

PSA: The latest Kerbol Origins is compatible with the latest version of KSP and works as it should. You just need to have the latest Module Manager and Kopernicus.

This is a momentous day for Kerbol Origins :D

4 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Can we use Telegram? I don't use Discord at all. Telegram is just as fast and nice. We could create a development group. It allows instant messagin, media and files too

1 minute ago, amarius1 said:

Can we use Telegram? I don't use Discord at all. Telegram is just as fast and nice. We could create a development group. It allows instant messagin, media and files too

I've never heard of Telegram, but have Discord up literally every second that I'm on the computer. For me Discord would work best.

I've updated all planets to 1.3.X and reorganized some things to improve loading times by reducing the amount of folders KSP has to search through. I'm now going to add Scatterer and EVE (including my own aurora technique)

1 minute ago, The White Guardian said:

I've never heard of Telegram, but have Discord up literally every second that I'm on the computer. For me Discord would work best.

I've updated all planets to 1.3.X and reorganized some things to improve loading times by reducing the amount of folders KSP has to search through. I'm now going to add Scatterer and EVE (including my own aurora technique)

Awesome news man! BTW there is a bug on Shayle that makes the green color go away in PQS. I will try playing with it to see if i can fix it soon. With that I will also refine the terrain a bit since it doesn't seem as natural as for example, Fonso.

Telegram is an instant open source messaging service. It's mainly used by Android developers to mantain huge groups of people, it has read-only channels for admins to publish files and what not for users that join... You will like it as soon as you try  it. It also requires a phone number to log you in. I will try Discord too though... What username do you have?

5 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

As a side note, please make the visual FX not dependant on Scatterer. EVE is fine but Scatterer will cause issues for people with slower pc configurations (including me) so I suggest it to be released as a separate add-on like the ones we currently have.

Awesome news man! BTW there is a bug on Shayle that makes the green color go away in PQS. I will try playing with it to see if i can fix it soon. With that I will also refine the terrain a bit since it doesn't seem as natural as for example, Fonso.

I'll see what I can do with Shayle. As for terrain revamps, I could do that for you if you'd like, using real heightmaps (satellites are awesome!) to construct realistic terrain.

Telegram is an instant open source messaging service. It's mainly used by Android developers to mantain huge groups of people, it has read-only channels for admins to publish files and what not for users that join... You will like it as soon as you try  it. It also requires a phone number to log you in. I will try Discord too though... What username do you have?

I'll set up a Kerbol Origins server and post a link here, when you get a Discord account you can just enter the server, and you'll find me there. Username 'TheWhiteGuardian', avatar is the same as here.

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

I'll see what I can do with Shayle. As for terrain revamps, I could do that for you if you'd like, using real heightmaps (satellites are awesome!) to construct realistic terrain.

I'll set up a Kerbol Origins server and post a link here, when you get a Discord account you can just enter the server, and you'll find me there. Username 'TheWhiteGuardian', avatar is the same as here.

Alright man, thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.