[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

On 15/10/2017 at 1:11 AM, Landscape-Photography said:

Wooohooooo, wonderful news!! :)

Thank you very much, amarius :)

Yeah. Finally I have a machine that allows me to test and play KSP without crashing every hour and doing everything at 15fps

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 8:09 AM, amarius1 said:

Texture generation speed has also encreased a lot on new hardware. While on my old desktop height maps and other textures used to take one hour to generate, on this laptop the procedure takes little more than 10 minutes, at 4096 resolution as opposed to the 2048 most KO textures use.

Hmm... How do you 'generate' them @amarius1? This intrigues me...

Edited by Gyrfalcon5

35 minutes ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

Hmm... How do you 'generate' them @amarius1? This intrigues me...

Basically what I have to do when working on a new plannet is make my own handmade terrain map in an image editing software. What follows is putting that into the game on a mock-up planet and playing with terrain modifiers until it looks cool. If I get what I want, I have to export (generate) the textures from the game using a neat modder tool called Kittopia. That takes time and CPU power and generation time is higher for higher resolution textures. Previously 2048 (average quality) was the only thing I could obtain on my old computer. With this new laptop I can actually easily export 4096 (high res) textures at a fraction of the time it used to take on the old computer for 2048!

16 hours ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

Oh I see! I thought you had some magical terrain-generation device at your disposal. Maybe I should use PQS more... Is there any documentation or tutorial on how they work exactly?

Documentation and tutorials are a bit work but they should still work pretty good. Ask my associate, @The White Guardian for help. He was planning to start a tutorial series on PQS.

On 16/11/2017 at 10:51 AM, Landscape-Photography said:

huhuu :)

Good to see, the way goes on :)

But is there now any solution for the Shayle texture problem and the Daphy stutter problem? (at a distance of around 100.000m there are heavy stuttering)

I want land on Shayle, but with the texture problem, it does'nt make fun. :(

Please help me. :)

Thanks a lot!

These bugs are known and will be solved. If you want, you can just delete the Daphy folder in Kerbol Origins folder

it would get rid of the planet until we fix it

• 1 month later...
On 15/01/2018 at 3:34 PM, Landscape-Photography said:

Any progress? ;.;

Tbh I feel pretty dead since my study time ate everything. Busy with High School right now but hopefully my friends who are still helping me with this project have prepped something spectacular for you guys. 

It's been... what, 3 years since creation?

ugh back to studying I guess :< :< :< :< :< :<

@The White Guardian @Nils277

Edited by amarius1

4 hours ago, amarius1 said:

Tbh I feel pretty dead since my study time ate everything. Busy with High School right now but hopefully my friends who are still helping me with this project have prepped something spectacular for you guys. 

It's been... what, 3 years since creation?

ugh back to studying I guess :< :< :< :< :< :<

@The White Guardian @Nils277

tbh I haven't worked on Kerbol Origins in months... 0_0'

I'm currently juggling several projects at once, but I'll give KO some love as soon as time permits it.

On 22/01/2018 at 7:30 PM, The White Guardian said:

tbh I haven't worked on Kerbol Origins in months... 0_0'

I'm currently juggling several projects at once, but I'll give KO some love as soon as time permits it.

-_- Quantity over quality please... This is a hard lesson I learned long ago and you are risking a good deal by splitting yourself between several projects.

I'm sure you'll give Origins some love as soon as possible. It really needs some progress and most things left now are cosmetic and other things that you could certainly do. Wish I could do them but my hardware doesn't really like EVE and other beauty packs and my time... well to hell with that... :(

\

• 3 weeks later...

It appears that a recent update to Kopernicus has caused issues.

Spoiler

[EXC 15:34:01.537] Exception: Failed to load Body: Corolet
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node)
    Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds)
    Kopernicus.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[Loader] (.ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds)
    Kopernicus.Injector.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

It appears to only give one exception in KSP.log for the entire mod.

I have other planet packs installed, this is the only mod which causes a warning about corrupting game saves due to missing planets to appear on the main menu.

Asclepius, Kronkus, OPM Galileo, and Realistic Ascension appear to load without much holdup.

Examining the Kopernicus body logs shows the following error.

Spoiler

[LOG 16:14:18]: Exception Was Recorded: Array index is out of range.
  at Kopernicus.Parser+<>c__DisplayClass6_1.<LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode>b__2 (System.Type t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadCollectionMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The specific line in the .cfg throwing the exception appears to be specifically SharpnessNoise { Noise { } } inside the config, removing that Noise { } entry and leaving the rest of the contents of SharpnessNoise { } from Corolet, Faz, Keelon, Daphy, and Shayle probably alters the shape of these planets in undesirable ways, though it does clear the exception.

Having done all that, Daphy and Fonso now throw a new error.

Spoiler

[LOG 16:33:59]: Exception Was Recorded: temperatureSunMultCurve requires config value of Node
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Removing the line "temperatureSunMultCurve = false" from both files probably has some sort of effect, but it does clear the exception.

At this point, there is no longer any warning messages appearing when loading the game, and no exceptions showing in Kopernicus.log

As to how to properly fix this, I have no idea, but those are the lines that are giving the errors.

On 16/02/2018 at 11:50 PM, EmberMcTillhawk said:

Reveal hidden contents

Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node)
    Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds)
    Kopernicus.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[Loader] (.ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

Yep, just confirming here that I after upgrading Kopernicus (via CKAN), I am getting the same problem of Kopernicus choking on Kerbol Origins. I tried reverting to the previous version of Kopernicus, but that hasn't fixed the problem.  Kopernicus tells me to report the problem to the planet pack author or the Koopernicus team; I figured I'd do both. =:o}

I can supply a zip or rar file of all the diagnostic info suggested in the error message, if required...?

Update on the problem with latest version(s) of Kopernicus: I was able to resolve it by reverting to version 1.3 of Kopernicus. Since then, I've discovered the following:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/267

So whatever's changed in Kopernicus, it's apparently deliberate, and Kerbol Origins will need updating to suit. =:o\

On 23/02/2018 at 4:48 PM, pbristow said:

Update on the problem with latest version(s) of Kopernicus: I was able to resolve it by reverting to version 1.3 of Kopernicus. Since then, I've discovered the following:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/267

So whatever's changed in Kopernicus, it's apparently deliberate, and Kerbol Origins will need updating to suit. =:o\

Deliberate? :/ I'll have to fix this soon...

On 17/02/2018 at 1:50 AM, EmberMcTillhawk said:

Reveal hidden contents

It appears to only give one exception in KSP.log for the entire mod.

I have other planet packs installed, this is the only mod which causes a warning about corrupting game saves due to missing planets to appear on the main menu.

Asclepius, Kronkus, OPM Galileo, and Realistic Ascension appear to load without much holdup.

Examining the Kopernicus body logs shows the following error.

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 16:14:18]: Exception Was Recorded: Array index is out of range.
  at Kopernicus.Parser+<>c__DisplayClass6_1.<LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode>b__2 (System.Type t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadCollectionMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The specific line in the .cfg throwing the exception appears to be specifically SharpnessNoise { Noise { } } inside the config, removing that Noise { } entry and leaving the rest of the contents of SharpnessNoise { } from Corolet, Faz, Keelon, Daphy, and Shayle probably alters the shape of these planets in undesirable ways, though it does clear the exception.

Having done all that, Daphy and Fonso now throw a new error.

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 16:33:59]: Exception Was Recorded: temperatureSunMultCurve requires config value of Node

Removing the line "temperatureSunMultCurve = false" from both files probably has some sort of effect, but it does clear the exception.

At this point, there is no longer any warning messages appearing when loading the game, and no exceptions showing in Kopernicus.log

As to how to properly fix this, I have no idea, but those are the lines that are giving the errors.

Will do

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.