[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

Development is still going on, everyone! I'm working hard at fixing the bug on Fonso that makes the ground disappear bellow low alitudes near 0 and it may lead to a complete remake of Fonso's terrain. So far it is a whole lot more interesting to explore :wink: 

1 hour ago, amarius1 said:

Development is still going on, everyone! I'm working hard at fixing the bug on Fonso that makes the ground disappear bellow low alitudes near 0 and it may lead to a complete remake of Fonso's terrain. So far it is a whole lot more interesting to explore :wink: 

What? You could've just used VertexHeightOffset to raise the terrain AFAIK.

30 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

What? You could've just used VertexHeightOffset to raise the terrain AFAIK.

Nope, tried that too, but I was already using a black height map that was already offseted before. But after 1.1 it looks like that heightmap doesn't want to work. It was anyway just a temporary solution to a bug that removed all terrain ground textures long ago. But with the new heightmap I made there are no bugs and landscape is much more interesting and entirely non-repetitive (this time the heightmap is hand-made, not randomly generated using PQS).

6 hours ago, saturnsrings said:

I like this better than kerbol plus.

What Kerbol Plus are you talking about? KillAshley's? Or my original one? The original was so bugged that I couldn't fix it in time. Kerbol Origins was meant to be the update to fix Kerbol Plus but it got taken over before I could finish. So this mod is the succesor of Kerbol Origins with a more stockalike style and nicer planets.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2016 at 2:34 PM, amarius1 said:

What Kerbol Plus are you talking about? KillAshley's? Or my original one? The original was so bugged that I couldn't fix it in time. Kerbol Origins was meant to be the update to fix Kerbol Plus but it got taken over before I could finish. So this mod is the succesor of Kerbol Origins with a more stockalike style and nicer planets.

Yours.

Thank you : )

Of course it is better. After all, this mod was initially the update of Kerbol Plus that was supposed to fix and overhault it. After things started to really go down the only option was to make it into a new mod, a revival of Kerbol Plus, but more centered around the idea of stock-alike aspect and filling gaps.

Edited by amarius1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, _Augustus_ said:

Fonso shouldn't be blue like that. My Fonso's textures are pretty bad, but I feel I got the feel right.

Dude, that's not Fonso :))

Somehow I can't see where the imgur button to post an album is so I had to make that image that represents Sarvin. Click it, and it sends you to the album. 

Edited by amarius1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2016 at 3:41 PM, Olympic1 said:

Will need to wait for Kopernicus to be updated for 1.2. After that we can work on this mod.

Hi! Good to see you again! I actually made a good lot of work before 1.2 dropped but I'm waiting for Kopernicus to update in order to have a stable build to start testing for bugs.

So if the textures of the new planets arent stretched anymore, I think that that could be done on the stock planets as well, so it would fit in better. (In fact, I think that this pack should become stock, since unlike most other planet packs, this one fits in perfectly with the stock planets)

Edited by Zaphod12

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 7:29 PM, Zaphod12 said:

So if the textures of the new planets arent stretched anymore, I think that that could be done on the stock planets as well, so it would fit in better. (In fact, I think that this pack should become stock, since unlike most other planet packs, this one fits in perfectly with the stock planets)

Thank you a lot! Indeed, the goal is to make as stockalike as possible. Issues are still going on keeping us from the release on 1.2 but it won't take long until I hammer them out!

On 10/27/2016 at 3:38 PM, Farix said:

Any known issues with running the current v0.3.1 with KSP 1.2.0 + Kopernicus v1.2.0-3?

The current 0.3.1 should work alright. Expect some issues with Fonso's surface if you land in the lowlands tho. Everything should be fixed by the time we release 0.4.0. The new update will be beautiful and it won't take too much to complete. 

34 minutes ago, nsgallup said:

Really want to try this out but I was dumb and forgot to turn off auto updating on my game doh

Well we just have to wait for Kopernicus to update. Please don't pester the developer to update it. He will make it available as soon as possible! 

BTW: I also forgot to update auto update off so.. yeah I can't make any changes to the mod until Kopernicus updates : )

8 hours ago, amarius1 said:

Well we just have to wait for Kopernicus to update. Please don't pester the developer to update it. He will make it available as soon as possible! 

BTW: I also forgot to update auto update off so.. yeah I can't make any changes to the mod until Kopernicus updates : )

Good thing I did turn off auto-update then.

I might as well go ahead and drop the bomb - EVE and scatterer support are inbound. They should be ready soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.