[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

On 1/16/2019 at 8:58 PM, amarius1 said:

Do it for the current version. The main characteristics of existing celestial bodies will not change anytime soon. Also, I understand you lacked the time, it's no problem my dude. 

A special request for Fonso is that it needs its higher atmosphere to be pretty damn thick with some mountain peaks still peaking over the clouds, as in @NovaSilisko's original plans for Fonso. Try giving Daphy a very thick "sea level" atmosphere the same color as the surface so landing on its lower areas would look like lading on a lake of vapors. Daphy is supposed to be very foggy. Could you perhaps add some dark clouds mixed in for Manai together with normal ones? I also trust you can give all the planets a nice glow. Send me some files for testing as soon as you have something completed, I finally have decent enough hardware to run the game with clouds at over 25 fps xd

The sad thing about giving Fonso such an atmosphere is that currently EVE scaledspace cloud layers intersect very harshly with the scaledspace mesh. It'd require an edge-detecting shader. I can try writing something like that, but it's something I have never done before so I cannot guarantee it'll work. It's going to require a custom DLL to implement perfectly; good thing I've been practicing my C# for the past several years...

16 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

The sad thing about giving Fonso such an atmosphere is that currently EVE scaledspace cloud layers intersect very harshly with the scaledspace mesh. It'd require an edge-detecting shader. I can try writing something like that, but it's something I have never done before so I cannot guarantee it'll work. It's going to require a custom DLL to implement perfectly; good thing I've been practicing my C# for the past several years...

Make it so, mr. Guardian. Whatever it takes for the original concept to be realised. Try going with the custom plugin implementation. Thanks a lot!

Edited by amarius1

16 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

It has already been fixed by the EVE and Scatterer devs. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 11:01 PM, Xein said:

@amarius1 Absolutely awesome mod, thanks for creating along with the others that have contributed. Just a quick question, will this mod ever be compatible with GEP (Grannus Expansion) ?

I'll have to first check what Grannus Expansion even is. Back in my day we only had OPM, Kerbol Origins and some kuiper belt mods and Planet Factory remakes. 

I'll see what it would take to make that compatible. Thank you for liking my mod and hopefully you will keep using it's next versions. Development will be mainly shifted to the ones who took over the project but until they have something major I'll still make sure it's compatible with latest game versions and respond to anyone's questions.

Edited by amarius1

On 2/13/2019 at 9:39 AM, amarius1 said:

I'll have to first check what Grannus Expansion even is. Back in my day we only had OPM, Kerbol Origins and some kuiper belt mods and Planet Factory remakes. 

I'll see what it would take to make that compatible. Thank you for liking my mod and hopefully you will keep using it's next versions. Development will be mainly shifted to the ones who took over the project but until they have something major I'll still make sure it's compatible with latest game versions and respond to anyone's questions.

For sure :) Your mod is great and the work that's been put into it is fantastic. Keep up the awesome work :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello amarius! The mod seems great but instead of starting orbiting Kerbin my kerbals orbit a ringed planet. Also Kerbin on the map screen appears bright pink and flat textured, along with the Kerbal Space Center being on some odd floating gas giant. I would love it for some help.

On 3/10/2019 at 3:22 AM, MrCow said:

Hello amarius! The mod seems great but instead of starting orbiting Kerbin my kerbals orbit a ringed planet. Also Kerbin on the map screen appears bright pink and flat textured, along with the Kerbal Space Center being on some odd floating gas giant. I would love it for some help.

The changing of the title screen planet is an intended thing. The Kerbin pink stuff may be caused by some other mod. Kerbol Origins does not modify Kerbin or the space center in any way. If you're still not sure, temporarily remove the "Sarvin System" folder from the Kerbol Origins mod directory. The mod is designed to be modular so in case of memory concerns or bugs you can easily move out folders for each planet or planetary system although your issue isn't likely to have been caused by my mod. All the best.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a set of ribbons to be used with the final frontier mod, they're a bit crude, as all the ones i've made so far have been, becouse i had to "carve out" the ensigns, plus i'm not exactly an image editor, but i think they're good enough until someone does a proper set:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oh8ohv9dvc9d4rl/KerbolOriginsRibbonsRelease.7z/file

• 3 weeks later...

I found a bug that was causing Kopernicus the throw NREs

..\GameData\KerbolOrigins\SarvinSystem\Sarvin\Sarvin.cfg:

spawnGroupMinLimit & spawnGroupMaxLimit are not defined for the Asteroid node for Sarvin. When Kopernicus does its AsteroidUpdate function this causes an NRE as the values are undefined.

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:FOR[KerbolOrigins]
{

Asteroid
	{
		name = Sarvin
		Locations
		{
			Around
			{
				Body 
				{
					body = Sarvin
					minAltitude = 5602000
					maxAltitude = 5602900
					probability = 80
					reached = true
				}
			}
		}
		interval = 15
		minUntrackedLifetime = 1
		maxUntrackedLifetime = 20
		probability = 50
		spawnGroupMinLimit = 1  // MISSING LINE IN OFFICIAL RELEASE
		spawnGroupMaxLimit = 7  // MISSING LINE IN OFFICIAL RELEASE

Size
		{
			key = 0   0
			key = 0.3 0.45
			key = 0.7 0.55
			key = 1   1
		}
	}
	%mainMenuBody = Sarvin
    Body
    {

On 4/20/2019 at 7:54 PM, Tonka Crash said:

I found a bug that was causing Kopernicus the throw NREs

..\GameData\KerbolOrigins\SarvinSystem\Sarvin\Sarvin.cfg:

spawnGroupMinLimit & spawnGroupMaxLimit are not defined for the Asteroid node for Sarvin. When Kopernicus does its AsteroidUpdate function this causes an NRE as the values are undefined.

Hide contents

@Kopernicus:FOR[KerbolOrigins]
{

Asteroid
	{
		name = Sarvin
		Locations
		{
			Around
			{
				Body 
				{
					body = Sarvin
					minAltitude = 5602000
					maxAltitude = 5602900
					probability = 80
					reached = true
				}
			}
		}
		interval = 15
		minUntrackedLifetime = 1
		maxUntrackedLifetime = 20
		probability = 50
		spawnGroupMinLimit = 1  // MISSING LINE IN OFFICIAL RELEASE
		spawnGroupMaxLimit = 7  // MISSING LINE IN OFFICIAL RELEASE

Size
		{
			key = 0   0
			key = 0.3 0.45
			key = 0.7 0.55
			key = 1   1
		}
	}
	%mainMenuBody = Sarvin
    Body
    {

Thank you for this! The spawnGroupMin and Max weren't in older implementations of Kopernicus so the asteroid generator part of Kerbol Origins got broken in time. I'll remove it till I can have time to fix it. Thank you again!

Edited by amarius1

@The Minmus Derp Clouds is something I'm currrently working on, though I'm finishing the next releases of both KS3P and INSTANTIATOR first so I can use them to power up K.O.

I've been putting together several features that I'm dying to add to Kerbal Origins once ready, for example 3D rings, (2D textured ring from afar, individual rocks up-close) so I've decided to compile those endeavours into a single 'beautify' update.

On 4/28/2019 at 5:26 PM, The White Guardian said:

@The Minmus Derp Clouds is something I'm currrently working on, though I'm finishing the next releases of both KS3P and INSTANTIATOR first so I can use them to power up K.O.

I've been putting together several features that I'm dying to add to Kerbal Origins once ready, for example 3D rings, (2D textured ring from afar, individual rocks up-close) so I've decided to compile those endeavours into a single 'beautify' update.

Oh man, please do, KO needs a visual update and I thougut you gave up. Thanks.

Hello,

thank you for this nice mod. On 1.7, KerbNet doesn't work with it (tested on a freshly installed KSP with no other mods besides Kopernicus). After some testing I found that deleting the subfolder "Karbonite" fixes this problem. What does this folder do?

13 hours ago, Syd90 said:

Hello,

thank you for this nice mod. On 1.7, KerbNet doesn't work with it (tested on a freshly installed KSP with no other mods besides Kopernicus). After some testing I found that deleting the subfolder "Karbonite" fixes this problem. What does this folder do?

The Karbonite folder used to be an integration with a popular resource mod with the same name. Idk if people still use that today but I'll probably remove the folder soon if it fixes the issue on 1.7. No idea how it managed to impact KerbNet though xd

Edited by amarius1

• 4 weeks later...

@amarius1 CKAN install of latest on KSP 1.7

I get log messages for missing textures: BUILTIN/05_NORMAL

I tracked it down to GameData\KerbolOrigins\KeelonSystem\Keelon\Keelon.cfg and GameData\KerbolOrigins\KeelonSystem\Manai\Manai.cfg

From what I can tell it looks like this used to be a stock builtin texture but was dropped at some point. I can't find any info on the current set of builtin textures or what should replace it. 

On 5/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, Tonka Crash said:

@amarius1 CKAN install of latest on KSP 1.7

I get log messages for missing textures: BUILTIN/05_NORMAL

I tracked it down to GameData\KerbolOrigins\KeelonSystem\Keelon\Keelon.cfg and GameData\KerbolOrigins\KeelonSystem\Manai\Manai.cfg

From what I can tell it looks like this used to be a stock builtin texture but was dropped at some point. I can't find any info on the current set of builtin textures or what should replace it. 

Pretty sure those builtin textures are related to ground texture patterns which are supposed to be based on existing stock surface textures (things like gravel and rock surfaces). It is likely that Squad made changes on how they are named so now the mod can't find them anymore. Can you visit Manai with the set orbit cheat and tell me if the ground textures look out of ordinary?

Also, not to hype everyone too early but going to Uni soon I'll be able to get an RTX2060/2070 machine which means I'll afford to give all Kerbol Origins planets a 4k/8k retexture and a new terrain overhaul as well as new clouds depending on time . The mod will become Kerbol Origins Reloaded. Stay tuned for the rebirth.

ETA: 3 months

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.