[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

Does anyone know if Kerbol Origins works with Research Bodies and Tarsier Space Telescopes?   I had stated a game and did some planet discoveries with the telescope, but I don't think anyone of the planets revealed were part of the KO additions.  

Did reveal all of the Outer Planets Mod bodies though. 

On 7/15/2019 at 5:22 AM, Sarxis said:

Does anyone know if Kerbol Origins works with Research Bodies and Tarsier Space Telescopes?   I had stated a game and did some planet discoveries with the telescope, but I don't think anyone of the planets revealed were part of the KO additions.  

Did reveal all of the Outer Planets Mod bodies though. 

Research Bodies may work I think, not sure about Tarsier. Massive code cleanup and planet retouch will come in the following 2 months so stay tuned.

4 hours ago, amarius1 said:

Massive code cleanup and planet retouch will come in the following 2 months so stay tuned.

Currently swamped with work from my side-job, but I have a new technique for painting terrain maps that I could apply if you'd like.

I also have some more custom anomalies on the planner, for example enormous crystal shards or crashed meteorites, or geysers for Fonso. Custom volcanoes for Keelon and Manai are already being modeled and animated (particle systems are almost done, the problem is getting the plume to look right) so that shouldn't take much longer either.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Wow I don’t know how I have not seen this mod till now. Sarvin looks awesome as hell and the first thing I’m gonna do when I get off work is download this mod and start making space station around it!

Thank you! Beauty updates will come up in the following months so stay tuned. Just need one more month to get my damn laptop @The White Guardian

._. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

Thanks a lot for this mod i will give it a shot.

I have already kopernicus intalled and the kolyphemus system too, both are compatible with each others.

Will try this one right now, and let you know if this work with all other planet system mods.

Cheers

EDIT : So this work very well for me, checker found 6 warning but idk if that come from others mods or not, but i can play without  problems.

With 3 mods i got like 100 objects in my planetary system with all the planets & their moons it's so awesome.

You can't see everything on those screens coz so much things (like kolyphemus have 3 planets around)

It's like a new game ^^ loveing awesome

Thank you guys for all amazing work <3

1567167257-1111.png1567167286-8252tre.png1567167291-rthrbe.png

Edited by Donnieksp

I love this mod for the fact that it's based on original designer notes for the game, and thus "fits" the existing style. I was wondering (I'm sure it has been asked somewhere within 21 pages) if there are any plans to expand it to include the whole of NS's original plan (listed here), specifically the binary system and the extra number of tinier moons. I guess the rest of the post is already implemented by the mod or got used officially under new names.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:31 PM, BrobDingnag said:

I love this mod for the fact that it's based on original designer notes for the game, and thus "fits" the existing style. I was wondering (I'm sure it has been asked somewhere within 21 pages) if there are any plans to expand it to include the whole of NS's original plan (listed here), specifically the binary system and the extra number of tinier moons. I guess the rest of the post is already implemented by the mod or got used officially under new names.

Many of those planets were included in the stock game eventually so we will not be adding them. However, extra moons are in my plans. Work on the new update will start next month as I get new hardware to restart development.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 8:36 PM, The White Guardian said:

Currently swamped with work from my side-job, but I have a new technique for painting terrain maps that I could apply if you'd like.

I also have some more custom anomalies on the planner, for example enormous crystal shards or crashed meteorites, or geysers for Fonso. Custom volcanoes for Keelon and Manai are already being modeled and animated (particle systems are almost done, the problem is getting the plume to look right) so that shouldn't take much longer either.

Aight so my hardware finally arived. Does Kittopia still work with the latest KSP? Ctrl+P doesn't seem to work for me.

52 minutes ago, amarius1 said:

Aight so my hardware finally arived. Does Kittopia still work with the latest KSP? Ctrl+P doesn't seem to work for me.

Yea I can use kittopia just fine. 

There's always a new kittopia release with each kopernicus release, so it should always with whatever latest version of ksp has a kop release (also don't have scatterer installed)

On 9/21/2019 at 11:00 AM, GrandProtectorDark said:

Yea I can use kittopia just fine. 

There's always a new kittopia release with each kopernicus release, so it should always with whatever latest version of ksp has a kop release (also don't have scatterer installed)

Ooof Scatterer might have been my issue, thanks.

18 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Ye, Kittopia doesn't like it when you have Scatterer installed.
I think it has something to do with how it messes around with the way how oceans work.

yeah got it working in the end, time to start tweaking these planets! First up we need more detail as soon as you approach the celestial body.

Kerbol Origins 1.0 - Development Resumed!

After what felt like an eternity with sub-par hardware and lacking most of my time, I've started work on the first stable release of Kerbol Origins, KO1.0.

I'm now pursuing an Aerospace Systems Engineering degree which got my interest in Kerbal Space Program back up and with an RTX2070MaxQ under my belt it is certain that I will be able to continue working on this mod from now on as long as time allows. Thank you for the continuous support over the past 5 years, I would have probably given up if it wasn't for people who were still willing to try it out, provide input and ask questions. 

What I hope we can include:

• Full clouds for all planets
  • Satterer integration
  • 8K optional textures for most of the planets (4K will become a default for a lot of them)
  • Nicer ground scatters
  • Entirely remade planetary surfaces and textures
  • Entire code rewrite
  • More magic spice from @The White Guardian's plugins

I can't supply an ETA yet as work will take a few months but just know that we really finally started on it. Speaking about clouds, @The White Guardian give me a hand with the visuals, I know you can make it great. 

Long introduction, I know, but here's something to keep you excited. Can you guess which of the moons is this?

WvARTyJ.pngKig4h81.png28nVTFC.pngbjCp0Ld.png

On 10/4/2019 at 2:40 AM, Kjonde564 said:

Just curious will this mod be remade for KSP 2? Because I really like this mod and would love to colonize everything around Sarvin ^^

Yes it most definitely will, I can't even wait to try KSP2.

• 4 weeks later...

Обновите пожалуйста мод на новую версию KSP 1.8.1, так хочется поиграть.

[Added translation]
Please update the mod for the new version of KSP 1.8.1, so I want to play.

Edited by James Kerman
Added translation

On 11/1/2019 at 11:06 AM, HiDeN_GS said:

Обновите пожалуйста мод на новую версию KSP 1.8.1, так хочется поиграть.

[Added translation]
Please update the mod for the new version of KSP 1.8.1, so I want to play.

That's something you need to wait for the Kopernicus mod to update.

Oh, so it's not dead! Cool!

Now I have a question. I remember that back in KSP 1.5.1 Corolet was all spikey and hard to land. And now in 1.7.3 it's all round and smooth like Gilly or something. Is something broken for me? Is it Kopernicus problem? Oh, and by the way don't forget to add planet's shadow for Rega!

1 hour ago, SuppaTenko said:

Oh, so it's not dead! Cool!

Now I have a question. I remember that back in KSP 1.5.1 Corolet was all spikey and hard to land. And now in 1.7.3 it's all round and smooth like Gilly or something. Is something broken for me? Is it Kopernicus problem? Oh, and by the way don't forget to add planet's shadow for Rega!

Yeah not dead, just progressing slowly because damn aerospace degree. Anyway, there have been mod updates to Corolet in time. The spiky one you were used to was probably an old version before I fixed it, comets are usually not really supposed to be spiky. Now if only we could get the tails back in...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.