[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

On 11/8/2019 at 4:30 AM, amarius1 said:

Yeah not dead, just progressing slowly because damn aerospace degree. Anyway, there have been mod updates to Corolet in time. The spiky one you were used to was probably an old version before I fixed it, comets are usually not really supposed to be spiky. Now if only we could get the tails back in...

Oh. So it's meant to be smooth, huh... Makes sense. Thank you for answer. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 7:34 AM, HiDeN_GS said:

Copernicus updated, waiting for your cool mod for version KSP 1.8.1

Should already work. Probably next release will be for KSP2, personal life and my aerospace degree is delaying everything. Thank you all for support and stay tuned. Kerbol Origins will still be maintained over game versions and kopernicus versions but nothing new will be added unless any of the collaborators have finished their parts.

Edited by amarius1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 5:42 AM, amarius1 said:

Should already work. Probably next release will be for KSP2, personal life and my aerospace degree is delaying everything. Thank you all for support and stay tuned. Kerbol Origins will still be maintained over game versions and kopernicus versions but nothing new will be added unless any of the collaborators have finished their parts.

That's really great that you guys are at least thinking about continuing this mod to KSP2, the Kerbol system won't be the same with out all the solar system analog bodies included in it.

Edited by nsgallup

13 hours ago, nsgallup said:

That's really great that you guys are at least thinking about continuing this mod to KSP2, the Kerbol system won't be the same with out all the solar system analog bodies included in it.

Yeah, today it is mostly me who hopes to continue this. Haven't heard much from the other colabs. Till KSP2 I'll just make sure this one works with latest Kopernicus reasonably.

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, NuclearEnterprises said:

Sorry to sound greedy, I'm trying to do a sires with this mod in 1.9.1, but its not working, is this going to be updated to 1.9?

Hi, the mod should work just fine with 1.9.1 with the issue that there is no Kopernicus for 1.9.1 yet. No planet pack can work without Kopernicus. As long as it is updated you can install Kerbol Origins just fine and it should work. Looking forward to watching that series if you do record it.

22 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Does this work with 1.7.3? 

As long as you download the appropriate version of Kopernicus, yes. Pretty much nothing shanged to the mod since long ago anyway. I barely have the time and will power to work on this now especially with this quarantine.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

o hey I remember using this mod! GLaD to see it resumed ^_^

Well I am just maintaining, making sure it still works for future KSP versions. Don't really have time or will to resume it. Once Kopernicus is updated to 1.9 I may give it a facelift or start with new ideas.

6 hours ago, amarius1 said:

Well I am just maintaining, making sure it still works for future KSP versions. Don't really have time or will to resume it. Once Kopernicus is updated to 1.9 I may give it a facelift or start with new ideas.

what I meant. I do like it tho. Are the names yours? I never knew anything about them

2 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

what I meant. I do like it tho. Are the names yours? I never knew anything about them

Some of the names are mine, some were made up by the original developers of KSP. NovaSilisko was supposed to add a lot of these planets (in his own style) and Fonso was one of those original ones. Sticking to the original idea that I composed with his tips helped me achieve a decent depiction of Fonso. Harvest and Fez were made by developer Harvest in order to test the terrain engine of KSP way back. I brought those into the mod too.

11 minutes ago, amarius1 said:

Some of the names are mine, some were made up by the original developers of KSP. NovaSilisko was supposed to add a lot of these planets (in his own style) and Fonso was one of those original ones. Sticking to the original idea that I composed with his tips helped me achieve a decent depiction of Fonso. Harvest and Fez were made by developer Harvest in order to test the terrain engine of KSP way back. I brought those into the mod too.

ok :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 10:48 PM, Drupegod02 said:

Will this mess with saves that have the stock system + OPM?

They should not. Just in case, you should create a save, cheat a few crafts around bodies including Eeloo then install both OPM and KO. If everything is looking alright in this test save after opening it with both installed than your main one will be fine too.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a DV map around for these planets?

Combining next post and a third point

Harvest appears to be at kerbins L5 not L4.

Third point, Have you considered adding support for the Final Frontiers mod?

Edited by PirateAE
Not having three posts in a row.

• 1 month later...

If I install this and OPM, what happens to Eeloo? Looks like KO moves it to Sarvin, and OPM moves it to Sarnus?

Ok, read through the whole thread. Looks like there is a patch for it. I worried for nothing!

Hey wait, this quote below, what does that mean? If I have something in orbit of Eeloo, and it gets moved, does the craft stay in orbit, or will it be yeeted into oblivion?

Yes you can. As long as you don't have anything on Eeloo everything should be just fine!

Edited by helliwolf

• 1 year later...

Does this mod still function  in 1.12? This mod has always been one of my favorite mods, and I really want to install it.

EDIT: Kerbol Enhanced and Kerbol Origins Parts are not possible to download. I'll be fine because I have the Nertea suite, but just something you should know

EDIT2: IT WORKS! Other than the fact that Sarvin is weird, that is. I can probably fix that myself, I have a flat normal map that I used to fix another planet like this

Screen_Shot_2021-10-09_at_8.12.15_AM.png

EDIT3maybeIshouldstopeditingnow: Lok decided to not exist, too :/ That's all the bugs I could find. Where did you get the visuals in the imgur album?

Edited by The Minmus Derp

• 9 months later...

@The Minmus Derp Hey, i'm really sorry to bother you, but did you manage to fix the weird Sarvin glitch? And if so, could you please give me the fixed version? I would fix it myself but i have zero experience modding so i don't really know how to, so if you don't mind sharing the fix i would appreciate it! :) if you can't though, then i understand!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.