[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, StygianBlack said:

I have a question. When I install the mod, Potatus decides to become the menu screen planet instead of Kerbin. Is there any way to revert this without deleting Potatus?

Enter Potatus' config file with Notepad, and delete the line %mainMenuBody = Potatus or something like that.

On 5/19/2016 at 10:54 PM, Ryanja99 said:

This would be awesome with Final Frontier compatibility.
Someone please it happen! :D

To the mod creator: I noticed you said your schedule is busy, want some help making this guy's request come true? I'm already in the process of making ribbon packs/FF compatibility for a few other projects, could easily add this to my list.

On 2/9/2017 at 8:01 PM, smokytehbear said:

To the mod creator: I noticed you said your schedule is busy, want some help making this guy's request come true? I'm already in the process of making ribbon packs/FF compatibility for a few other projects, could easily add this to my list.

Hey.. thank you! I would be pleased to have you as colab for ribbons and FF compatibility... Send me a PM to talk more in-depth.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smokytehbear said:

So now that the ribbons are in... how about that scatterer support? Is that still in motion by anyone? I would be happy to pitch in if whoever's working on it wants more help, or take on lead if no one has made serious headway into it yet.

Untortunately no one has made any progress on it... If you want you can help!

12 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

while looking at the objects, I noticed Daphy has an atmosphere, it is kind of suprising that such a small body could have an atmosphere

Technically, since it is a tiny object covered in fluff-like dust material, I wanted to also give it a a tiny atmosphere to match this fact. It is a very thin one and is barelly visible but hey... It's there! 

I've also played with the terrain physics to make it more "bouncy". Therefore crashing there will be a tiny bit less dangerous...

16 hours ago, amarius1 said:

Technically, since it is a tiny object covered in fluff-like dust material, I wanted to also give it a a tiny atmosphere to match this fact. It is a very thin one and is barelly visible but hey... It's there! 

I've also played with the terrain physics to make it more "bouncy". Therefore crashing there will be a tiny bit less dangerous...

Ok, that makes sense. but another thing I noticed on daphy is it looks almost white from map view but when you land the terrain is blue on the lower areas and brownish in the upper areas.

On 2/26/2017 at 1:00 AM, ModerndayLink64 said:

Ok, that makes sense. but another thing I noticed on daphy is it looks almost white from map view but when you land the terrain is blue on the lower areas and brownish in the upper areas.

Good observation! My theory is that one side got sprayed with ring material from times when the moon was going trough the rings...

Couple of quick questions or feedback points:

Happy that Sarvin and not Potatus appears on my home screen now, but...

8v2VkOJ.jpg

To be honest, I think it's kind of cool, but I don't know if it was intentional or desirable.

Second question: Is there some reason that in Career mode the contracts always want to be Sarvin-related? Haven't even done a flyby of Minmus yet, but it wants me to do a grand tourist tour of Sarvin and the record society contract is a flyby of Sarvin. Just curious if that's normal or if something's screwed up.

5 hours ago, smokytehbear said:

Couple of quick questions or feedback points:

Happy that Sarvin and not Potatus appears on my home screen now, but...

8v2VkOJ.jpg

To be honest, I think it's kind of cool, but I don't know if it was intentional or desirable.

Second question: Is there some reason that in Career mode the contracts always want to be Sarvin-related? Haven't even done a flyby of Minmus yet, but it wants me to do a grand tourist tour of Sarvin and the record society contract is a flyby of Sarvin. Just curious if that's normal or if something's screwed up.

1. It was intentional. Potatus had a bug that made it look yellow from title screen. Plus Sarvin is just wahaaay cooler and more badass looking B)

2. Yeah... I believe the contracts tree is broken for now when it comes to the planets. You can still completr them but they are not appearing in the desired order. Our team member, @Olympic1 used to be in charge for contracts and custom science defs but it seems like he got caught up and hasn't respinded in a lot of time, so nobody really put attention into contracts. What you see is generated by the game without exterior intervention... 

...forgive me for this issue. I will try looking into it for the next release. So far I have never experimented with contracts and therefore... We'll see how it goes...

12 hours ago, smokytehbear said:

Oh I specifically meant the fact the rings are covering up the two menu options (the two I don't think I've ever clicked on, even once albeit). Love the fact it's Sarvin now instead of Potatus.

And that's good news for the contracts, looking forward to it.

Yeah... I don't even know why the issue is like that with the rings...

22 hours ago, nsgallup said:

Any new developments with biomes?

So far not much... In exchange soon custom Contracts will be developed by me, as planets are 99% finished with the exception of the biome bug. The biomes are there, but the science system only seems to recognise one of the biomes eve tho they do appear if you toggle the cheat to make them visible in the debug menu...

• 2 weeks later...

"Yo! I have gone down the rabbit hole of finding cool mods lately.... TOO MANY OF THEM! 

But I was wondering what version this works on currently.

Cool Mod by the way!"

*looks more closely*

Oh fudge, I need to update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2

Edited by W. Kerman
I derped

20 hours ago, W. Kerman said:

"Yo! I have gone down the rabbit hole of finding cool mods lately.... TOO MANY OF THEM! 

But I was wondering what version this works on currently.

Cool Mod by the way!"

*looks more closely*

Oh fudge, I need to update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2

Thank you a lot dude! :D

..but really, don't worry! Everything should work just as good if you just use the kopernicus version for 1.2.1. 

Hey guys, I loved the mod, but was very disappointed when I flew all the way to Savin for science and found out there was so little of it there.

so I found this out.

ScienceValues
            {
                flyingLowDataValue = 1
                flyingHighDataValue = 1
                inSpaceLowDataValue = 1
                inSpaceHighDataValue = 1
                recoveryValue = 1
                flyingAltitudeThreshold = 150000
                spaceAltitudeThreshold = 5000000
            }

is this correct? 

I mean, aren´t those ones supposed to be 10s or something.

its quite a bummer to do a 30 minute burn just to find out you could get more science on kerbin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.