[1.8.1+][Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins v.0.4.9 - Development Stalled Indefinitely

amarius1

On March 22, 2016 at 8:38 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

On March 18, 2016 at 4:18 AM, amarius1 said:

Sneak peek time everyone! I've been working hard since I've finally switched on a 64bit OS and I've made quite a few improvements that you'll all certainly like in the next version fo KO. But for now, have a pic of the remade Manai!

TBnGpU0.png

Love this soo much!  Why did you say you didn't think it would look good with OPM?  I'm really excited to use both together.  You mentioned two orbits that should be adjusted slightly.  Is there a tutorial on how that is done?  Or could you easily explain?  I did it a long time ago with old planet maker tools but can't remember.

thanks for your beautiful work!!!

On 3/18/2016 at 7:18 PM, amarius1 said:

Sneak peek time everyone! I've been working hard since I've finally switched on a 64bit OS and I've made quite a few improvements that you'll all certainly like in the next version fo KO. But for now, have a pic of the remade Manai!

TBnGpU0.png

That does look interesting.

I'm right now in vacantion so I can't work right now on the mod. KSP 1.1 broke two planets, the lava world previously shown and an oblate moon of Sarvin, Potatus. Everything except those two bodies works perfectly and I'll start looking more into the issues as siin as I get back home so the mod can finally be updated to 1.1, with its huge amount of new features! Stay close for something great. 

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 0:26 PM, jpinard said:

Love this soo much!  Why did you say you didn't think it would look good with OPM?  I'm really excited to use both together.  You mentioned two orbits that should be adjusted slightly.  Is there a tutorial on how that is done?  Or could you easily explain?  I did it a long time ago with old planet maker tools but can't remember.

thanks for your beautiful work!!!

What I was saying is that both Kerbol Origins and Outer Planets add a huge number of celestial bodies to the game, and some orbits might get too cloae for a realistic placement. Use HyperEdit to change their position and be sure to save modifications made.

On 4/29/2016 at 7:25 AM, amarius1 said:

I'm right now in vacantion so I can't work right now on the mod. KSP 1.1 broke two planets, the lava world previously shown and an oblate moon of Sarvin, Potatus. Everything except those two bodies works perfectly and I'll start looking more into the issues as siin as I get back home so the mod can finally be updated to 1.1, with its huge amount of new features! Stay close for something great. 

What I was saying is that both Kerbol Origins and Outer Planets add a huge number of celestial bodies to the game, and some orbits might get too cloae for a realistic placement. Use HyperEdit to change their position and be sure to save modifications made.

OK excellent.  Can't wait for your fixes!

There was talk of a patch for Eeloo when OPM is also installed; is that still going ahead? I want both Kerbol Origins and OPM in my current install (I'm doing a thread in Mission Reports that's basically a stock parts game with as many Kopernicus planet packs as I can add), and I don't have enough knowledge of how how the code works to be able to move Eeloo around myself. Also, will the patch place Eeloo by default in orbit of Sarvin or Sarnus? Just so that I know which one to plan for (though the missions will most likely be fairly similar either way).

On 5/3/2016 at 10:48 PM, eloquentJane said:

There was talk of a patch for Eeloo when OPM is also installed; is that still going ahead? I want both Kerbol Origins and OPM in my current install (I'm doing a thread in Mission Reports that's basically a stock parts game with as many Kopernicus planet packs as I can add), and I don't have enough knowledge of how how the code works to be able to move Eeloo around myself. Also, will the patch place Eeloo by default in orbit of Sarvin or Sarnus? Just so that I know which one to plan for (though the missions will most likely be fairly similar either way).

If I am right, Eeloo should be placed around Sarvin, due to how it is "coded".

Kerbol Origins v.0.3 has been finally released! :D

So get it while it's hot. Here's a changelog for the ones interested in new additions:

* Fixed loads of bugs

* Redone Revus' texture to fix some bugs

* Redone Manai's texture as it was ugly and had texture bugs

* Added complete biomes to all bodies

* Remade Daphy

* Improved mountain peaks on Fonso to make them more realistic an jagged.

* Added custom ground textures to Fonso and a few more bodies ;)

* Rebalanced atmosphere on all bodies.

* Optimised memory usage.

* Now compatible with 64bit!

* Remade Potatus. Now it is more oblate and lets say it is easier to land at the poles because of the relatively fast rotation that can maybe push a mountain into you while you're trying to land on the equator.

* Temporarily removed Corolet's comet trail as the plugin Kopernicus Expansion has not been yet updated.

Cheers! Hope you like this update! See you playing ;)

How do you design your planets and get their textures and heightmaps?

Really good, but I have a complaint. All of the stock planets are 1 or 2 syllables, however, your planets have two exceptions: Potatus and Corolet. Just thought I'd let you know.

9 hours ago, amarius1 said:

So get it while it's hot. Here's a changelog for the ones interested in new additions:

* Fixed loads of bugs

* Redone Revus' texture to fix some bugs

* Redone Manai's texture as it was ugly and had texture bugs

* Added complete biomes to all bodies

* Remade Daphy

* Improved mountain peaks on Fonso to make them more realistic an jagged.

* Added custom ground textures to Fonso and a few more bodies ;)

* Rebalanced atmosphere on all bodies.

* Optimised memory usage.

* Now compatible with 64bit!

* Remade Potatus. Now it is more oblate and lets say it is easier to land at the poles because of the relatively fast rotation that can maybe push a mountain into you while you're trying to land on the equator.

* Temporarily removed Corolet's comet trail as the plugin Kopernicus Expansion has not been yet updated.

Cheers! Hope you like this update! See you playing ;)

:cool:

Installing. Right. Now.

6 hours ago, debitfett said:

Dose this work whith other planet mods?

Yes. Any planet pack should work.

4 hours ago, Andem said:

:cool:

Installing. Right. Now.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to adding more content. Full career intergration hasn't been finished because it looks like the other developers in charge for it were too busy.

On 5/10/2016 at 4:35 AM, amarius1 said:

Thanks a ton!

The potential exploration and return from Keelon is what inspired me to reinstall the game in 1.0.4 

I'm glad its back here in 1.1, thanks for your contributions to the community. :lol:

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Piberius said:

Thanks a ton!

The potential exploration and return from Keelon is what inspired me to reinstall the game in 1.0.4 

I'm glad its back here in 1.1, thanks for your contributions to the community. :lol:

No problem, it is you, the community and the people who enjoy playing with this mod that make me continue developing it. I could be just a regular player... But it wouldn't be the same

Sweet mother of mercy, have I got good news!

I (finally) got E.V.E back under control! Therefore I'm back on the job of adding clouds to K.O. to increase the awesomeness further.

Hang tight, Kerbs! The E.V.E configs should be done soon. I might even make a bunch of Scatterer configs later.

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Piberius said:

Thanks a ton!

I'm glad its back here in 1.1, thanks for your contributions to the 

10 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Sweet mother of mercy, have I got good news!

I (finally) got E.V.E back under control! Therefore I'm back on the job of adding clouds to K.O. to increase the awesomeness further.

Hang tight, Kerbs! The E.V.E configs should be done soon. I might even make a bunch of Scatterer configs later.

Oh my god you just made my day even better :))  tought you abbandoned the project. I'm taking a short brake now but as soon as I return, I'll start working on more unique custom ground terrain textures for all of the planets. And who knows, maybe I'll fix some of the terrain bugs stock planets have.

Man I'm gonna have a couple of star/planet packs now including this one with a couple others :o 

Edit: after launching KSP with the mods it appears that all the planets from Kerbol Origins have only completely white textures including the rings of Sarvin.

Edited by Connor1234567821

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 11:41 PM, Connor1234567821 said:

Man I'm gonna have a couple of star/planet packs now including this one with a couple others :o 

Edit: after launching KSP with the mods it appears that all the planets from Kerbol Origins have only completely white textures including the rings of Sarvin.

Hmmm you might want to check the kopernicus version to make sure you have the latest, check mod conpatibility, and check mods that mess with texture optimisation. So far there were nl issues involving white textures in tuis mod so the issue is on your side.

Please send me the the KSP.log file

On 5/25/2016 at 3:41 PM, Connor1234567821 said:

The answer to your question is an improper installation most likely, and is why I am here.

@amarius1

Currently, your folder structure goes "KerbolOrigins > GameData > KerbolOrigins" . Usually, when a mod author has the first folder in the zip the same as the name of their mod, that means that it's the folder that belongs in the GameData directory. I made that mistake earlier, by dropping it straight into GameData, and I got white textures as described above. It was fixed when I went in an removed the first two folders ("KerbolOrigins > GameData") and installed it properly. I've installed a lot of mods manually, and this still got me.:P

Maybe make this small change when you upload the next version to save yourself from having to deal with this issue/report in the future?

Cheers (and I really like the planets).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.