[1.2] 'Otter' Submersible (USI Submarine Parts) [0.2.0]

RoverDude

my KSP wont load this mod..

When i lunch KSP i see modules are loading and it stops at this mod..

If i look in the task manager of my windows 10-64it, i see KSP i still running but stopped at this mod loading..

Also kerbalstuff link for download in the first page of this thread doesn't work cause kerbalstuff doesn't exist anymore..

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying this out on the 1.1 pre-release and I'm not getting any bubbles, sound or moving propellers even though I am getting thrust. Is this a known issue for the pre-release version?

14 hours ago, Movado said:

I'm trying this out on the 1.1 pre-release and I'm not getting any bubbles, sound or moving propellers even though I am getting thrust. Is this a known issue for the pre-release version?

Bubbles require SmokeScreen.dll which hasn't been updated.

Edit: There is an updated firespitter.dll in RoverDude's MKS mod which is updated to 1.1, if you want propellers.

Edited by Eskandare

On 4/1/2016 at 4:47 PM, Movado said:

How was this installed?  If installed via CKAN... don't.  

On 4/2/2016 at 7:23 AM, Eskandare said:

Bubbles require SmokeScreen.dll which hasn't been updated.

Edit: There is an updated firespitter.dll in RoverDude's MKS mod which is updated to 1.1, if you want propellers.

FYI Smokescreen is not nor has it ever been required.  And there's an updated Firespitter in this mod too ;)

20 hours ago, RoverDude said:

FYI Smokescreen is not nor has it ever been required.  And there's an updated Firespitter in this mod too ;)

Hmmn, I manually installed it from your latest download straight into the USI folder, I don't get any bubbles or sound. 

Is there any hope of getting a clear hemisphere dome command pod in 2.5m size, so I can make the cyclops from Subnautica?

(Not after an actual game-branded part, just a similar themed part)

Edited by Gryphorim

A version of the Karibou command pod that mounts flush to the mk3-2.5 conic sections would be perfect, as would ballast wing-stubs (like half-sections of mk-2 bodies) that fit flush to either side of the mk-3 cargo bay.

Also, are the little water-RCS thrusters on the Otter command pod going to be included as their own part?

I'm liking this, but struggling to get a working sub. Just using the command pod on it's own, I always manage to have it sink to the bottom upside down, and building larger subs ends with them sinking to the bottom regardless of leadballast being present or not and being uncontrollable. Other people seem to be building things that look the same, so I can only assume I'm missing something fundamental in controlling them.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks pretty cool, reminds me a lot of the old Link submersibles and University of Hawai'i Plexiglas sphere sub.

I imagine you're thoroughly wound into 1.1 adjustments, but (I'm not a modder, I'm neither clever or artistic enough nor have the time to pursue it), but some thoughts:

1) Sounds like somebody could make an ocean floor/bathymetry mod, per SCANSAT. This could even be done from space http://earth.esa.int/workshops/ers97/papers/wensink2/

2) Science:

Physical Oceanography: temperature, salinity, acoustic gradients, density, chemistry, currents

Marine Biology: Nets and trawls (You already have sort of a Bongo net in the mod), biochemistry

Marine geology: Cores (kind of like drills), drags, grabs, geochemistry, seismic and temperature probes.

3) New Kerbins: Jacques and Phillippe.

4) New marine sciences tech tree branch and missions.

As always, thanks for the great mods.