Gemini style service module

When you all go to create manned exploration you take a command pod attach docking port,rcs,decoupler and so on...But when you make a service module you use a poodle engine.But in real Gemini missions They did not use rocket engines they instead used RCS thrusters for maneuvering in orbit to rendezvous also in A Cake odyssey video only RCS thusters where used.Like that in one spacecraft try using no engines.

I recommend Making the RCS design like the cake odyssey video but under that putting the shortest 2.5 meter LFO tank and putting as much vernor engines.

Pictures:https://imgur.com/a/efum0

Edited by Curiosity7907
Edited for pictures.

Hi there!

I highly recommend you look at the Challenge Submission Guide before posting your challenge. This challenge doesn't really look like a 'challenge' - it's basically a contest of clipping some fuel and RCS tanks into a 2.5-3.75m adapter and slapping on some Vernors. Please rethink your challenge and edit it per the submisison guidelines.

Also, the real Gemini spacecraft didn't use RCS as their primary means of propulsion. They used thrusters that were BASED off of the RCS ones but were different in quite a few ways.

-FCI

5 hours ago, FCISuperGuy said:

Hi there!

I highly recommend you look at the Challenge Submission Guide before posting your challenge. This challenge doesn't really look like a 'challenge' - it's basically a contest of clipping some fuel and RCS tanks into a 2.5-3.75m adapter and slapping on some Vernors. Please rethink your challenge and edit it per the submisison guidelines.

Also, the real Gemini spacecraft didn't use RCS as their primary means of propulsion. They used thrusters that were BASED off of the RCS ones but were different in quite a few ways.

-FCI

No,the challenge is with a rocket engine you can easily maneuver around but with RCS it takes a tone of time and patience to maneuver around with high isp low thrust RCS thrusters.Also I do not 100% no what does ''tag''mean.

9 hours ago, Curiosity7907 said:

No,the challenge is with a rocket engine you can easily maneuver around but with RCS it takes a tone of time and patience to maneuver around with high isp low thrust RCS thrusters.Also I do not 100% no what does ''tag''mean.

That isn't a challenge. Just stick some RCS thrusters on a ship and use them. IMO this thread is more suited to "Gameplay Questions and Tutorials". 

The challenge guidelines are just guidelines, but they do exist for a reason.

People want challenges that are interesting and fun, we see far too many where there is no real challenge and the poster has just posted something they think is cool without actually trying it.

I recommend you think of how to flesh out this idea, as if it's too easy it isn't a challenge and it isn't fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.