So, what did you get?

UnionPacific1983WP

1 hour ago, cantab said:

That sounds like the business! I should use my own telescopes more, trouble is the garden's a jungle. Guess I could drive to a dark sky site, might feel a bit unsafe by myself though.

Get some friends together and head out. Look up a bunch of cool things (planets, galaxies, nebulas) that will be visible and share your love of space :)

As for me, I got a bunch of books (Sagan, Hawking, DeGrasse Tyson), plus a membership in the Planetary Society and a NASA sweatshirt.

24 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

I got socks again this year, this time they are minion socks!

Perfect they should go with your smiling face nicely!

I got a nice family gathering and watched Dr Who the next day. :D

On 12/31/2016 at 4:49 AM, MaxxQ said:

I got all this:

irqA09f.jpg

:cool: My phone's ringtone is "Babymetal Death" with the intro cut off (starts at the first guitar riff).

Anyway, the only thing I got that may be of interest is a Saitek Pro Flight trim wheel, for use with Microsoft Flight Simulator.  Now I can finally trim an airplane properly, since using a key press or scroll wheel isn't sensitive enough - too much of a jump between clicks.

I got a new laptop...with 16 GIGS of RAM! (I'm using it right now)

I also got a fragment of the Chelyabinsk Meteor, some new pencils (:D), Pokemon Moon, quite a lot of popcorn, my first new LEGO set since 2014, a professional astronomy journal, and a loss of trust in my cats after they nearly went insane from all the wrapping paper and catnip they got. :P

1 hour ago, JetJaguar said:

:cool: My phone's ringtone is "Babymetal Death" with the intro cut off (starts at the first guitar riff).

Kitsune up! (are you on the Babymetal subreddit?)

Anyway, I've been toying with the idea of making my ring tone Doki Doki Morning, but TBH, I'm more traditional, and will probably just keep it at the old-fashioned bell ringer from analog phones.

16 hours ago, MaxxQ said:

Kitsune up! (are you on the Babymetal subreddit?)

Anyway, I've been toying with the idea of making my ring tone Doki Doki Morning, but TBH, I'm more traditional, and will probably just keep it at the old-fashioned bell ringer from analog phones.

No, I'm not on the subreddit, but they are one of my guilty pleasures.  I'm more into K-Pop and some Mandopop, but not so much J-Pop, though I stumbled upon them last summer.

I got a GREAT Christmas present - a new gaming laptop that can run KSP with all the bells and whistles without dropping into the seconds-per-frame range. :)  I also got a new Star Wars pint glass, some gift cards, and lots of snacks, er ... candy. 

6 hours ago, LameLefty said:

I got a GREAT Christmas present - a new gaming laptop that can run KSP with all the bells and whistles without dropping into the seconds-per-frame range.   I also got a new Star Wars pint glass, some gift cards, and lots of snacks, er ... candy.  :)

What are the specs of it?

Just now, legoclone09 said:

What are the specs of it?

Core i7-6820HK, 16GB 2667Mhz DDR4 memory, Nvidia GTX1070 with 8GB GDDR5 memory, 256GB SSD boot drive (which I'm using for KSP) + 1TB 7200 RPM secondary storage, 15.6" 4K screen.

Yes, it was expensive but I'm a grownup and I can spend my money how I want. :D 

55 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

Core i7-6820HK, 16GB 2667Mhz DDR4 memory, Nvidia GTX1070 with 8GB GDDR5 memory, 256GB SSD boot drive (which I'm using for KSP) + 1TB 7200 RPM secondary storage, 15.6" 4K screen.

Yes, it was expensive but I'm a grownup and I can spend my money how I want.   :D

That's really nice. 3.6GHz on a mobile chip. Better than my PC for GPU. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Intel core i5-6600k, a new mobo, bunch of t shirts, new microphone, razed naga chroma, and a bunch of other computer stuff. Such an upgrade from my fx-6300. I can actually OC my CPU without worrying about temps (I use liquid cooling, and even with that the AMD CPU ran into temp issues). Oh, and a new HDD for extra storage. 

Edited by ThatSpaceyGamer
AMD, while their cpu's run madly hot, is not mad. (Typo)

On 12/31/2016 at 2:29 AM, HebaruSan said:

I got to throw this to my dog for the first time:

41t3ZcjXN7L.jpg

(He likes to destroy squeakers. This toy has sixteen of them.)

Edit: 3 down, 13 to go.

Update: All 16 squeakers are now destroyed, and the head is about 50% ripped off. Time to order a refill pack.

I would like to get a real gaming PC in like 9 years, so i have more than enough money to buy it myself, have enough money to keep my life stable and not annoying my family and friends by taking their money. Thats why i prefer getting money for my birthay/christmas, so i can get some gaming stuff AND be prepared for the hard future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.