[Challenge] Get into Kerbin orbit without any research/upgrades.

Hatsuwr

Well, I'm not sure if this is possible. I've come close and am curious if anyone can manage it.

On career mode, before doing any research or upgrades, get into orbit. You don't necessarily have to escape the atmosphere, just get the game to register your orbit.

Good luck!

I tried to reach orbit using fleas too.  But failed.

One idea that just came to me is to remove the command pod at a time after liftoff and have an unguided missile reach orbit.

NowI have to try this.  Too bad staging was not automatic like a fuse.  Thanks for taking my time away from the VAL.

Edit:

After trying out the idea of sending a goo container into orbit.  The command pod separates and has a parachute (Jebediah insisted on it. Safety first)), and the goo container continues onward attached to a Flea engine.

After all my attempts this is the best with an orbit velocity of 2242 m/s at an altitude of 55 km with an apoapsis of 139 km.  Maybe I will tweak this some more and have goo go to orbit on zero tier technology.

When I was finished having fun I was treated to a Mun castle.  My first one since the 1.0.5 update.

Edited by MoeslyArmlis
staging issues

No one try to build craft aside from launch pad?

The limits is 18 tons, nothing else.

Stack a few layer beside launch pad and you are good to go.

Precision landing on top of lifter craft could need some trial and error. 

Hyper edit help me tested it work. So, the hard part is to bring the craft to stack.

My design are hole in the middle of the lifter and slot in the orbit craft. You can stack about 3 layers. Put more command pods to help control the craft. (Reaction Wheel)

Well, I will do it once I'm free but no promise when.

You can try it yourself using hyper edit + kerbal enginer to get the correct TWR, and Delta V.

I wouldn't count that myself, as technically they are never one vessel (no docking ports). However, it is a hilarious plan for bypassing the KSP rules. 

I wonder - could you somehow EVE jeb on the pad before liftoff, and use the EVA pack to reach orbit from a high suborbital launch with Jeb riding the ladder?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.