demo or full

billy bob

demo before fullgame  

71 members have voted

1. 1. how many people got the demo before the fullgame

• yes
    • no

I was extremely pleased when I first discovered that KSP had a demo version, and my positive experience with the demo version was one of the main reasons I decided to buy the game. It seems that very few games have demo versions now-a-days, and that is unfortunate. It's good to see one excellent exception.

1 hour ago, Temstar said:

I took out my credit card within 15 minutes of firing up the demo.

Same here.  I became aware of the game from a kurtjmac youtube video, paused the video to download the demo, and had bought the full game before I made orbit.

Well, I've played it when it was free only and bought it when it started with first paid version, but technically, that could have been called a demo. I also agree it is a shame that so few games have demo version these days.

Got the Demo first, and I'd recommend doing it that way to others because this game is frankly not very good. I mean, it's so limited, all you really do is fly about...ok ok I kid I kid! :sticktongue:

I just thought it would be an interesting diversion for a while. I got fairly good at getting into orbit, and then landing on the Mun and then I wanted a new challenge. I believe it was from there that I started to really clue into the breadth of the game. I also really wanted 2.5m rocket parts. My first 'full' version of ksp was .22.

After I got the demo version, it too me a day or two (and tutorials) to learn how to get into orbit. Once I did, I kept launching myself into orbit over and over again because I was so proud of myself. (Later I found out that I could do a gravity turn at a 90 degree heading; all of my previous orbits were polar.) I wanted MOAR BOOSTERS and to go to MOAR PLACES and to have the ability to dock, so I bought the full version.

Yes, I put about 20 hours in the old 0.18.3 demo, loved it from the start, and got the full game.

I don't think the 1.0 demo is as good. The full game's tech tree was allowed to dictate the parts in the demo, and it's for the worse. Still you should be able to make stuff in it.

First heard of KSP through Markiplier's let's-play of the game. Downloaded the demo and played it until I'd finally landed on the Mun and figured out how to rendezvous with stuff in orbit, at which point I bought the full game. Best $23 I've ever spent. :)

I would not have bought KSP if it weren't for the demo. The trailers make it seem like this game was meant for 8-year-olds and doesn't take itself seriously. Only after playing the demo did I realize its depth and challenge. Orbital mechanics that actually resemble real life? Bought the game a couple weeks later.

Edited by Xavven

I got the 13.3 demo after Cpt'n Skunky (I hope I remembered that right) mentioned it in the comments of an article on Slashdot about educational games.

I had never played 100 hours on any demo ever. I think I would of bought it just to reimburse Squad for the hours on a demo.

I bought the game for $17 and I think it was version 0.17 about a week before 0.18 came out and we got lights and docking ports. I was going to buy COD Black Ops II but bought this instead. I have over 1200 hours into it according to Steam, but I owned it for about 3 months before it became availible on Steam and we had the option of switching our versions. I finally bought BOII, it has 80 hours on it mainly due to the Zombies mode. So I feel I got my moneys worth on it, but nowhere near the enjoyment or sense of accomplishment I got out of even the demo, not to mention the full game of KSP.

This is hands down the most played game I have ever owned. Medieval II, Civ V both sit at about 800 hours, and were the clear winners until KSP showed up.  Just waiting for that sweet 64bit support for all the mods......:cool:

Edited by pslytely psycho
added a thought.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.