[1.1][1.1-1] Apr-19-2016 Dynamic Texture Loader

rbray89

31 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

The effectiveness of DTL depends heavily on your system. If you have limited graphics/system memory, you'd likely want to use OpenGL ALONG with DTL, as it would save graphics memory and if used up, system memory as well. It isn't all about the 4GB KSP limit, it is also about system limit.

That 4GB limit is actually a 32bit thing rather than directly KSP. Well okay, it's both indirectly and directly because KSP doesn't have a 64bit application yet.

10 hours ago, rbray89 said:

New beta. Should resolve all the issues we've seen of duplicate and x-refed textures. https://github.com/rbray89/DynamicTextureLoader/releases/tag/DTL-1.6-2

Tested heavily with both kethane and SXT.

Just confirming that the karbonite tanks and those propfan engines are fixed with this one, as are the aerodynamic fairings in Procedural Fairings.

Edited by smjjames

test 1.6-2

1.karbonite, karbonite+ parts fixed! no textures bugs! great work!

2......but parts in GameData\DMagicOrbitalScience\UniversalStorage mod is still white ...

test screenshot:

901764c5d9ed.png

maybe problem in mod structure - DIFF textures ?

--------------part of USSoilMoisture.cfg-----------
MODEL
{
	model = UniversalStorage/Parts/US_1M110_Wedge_ScienceBay/model
	position = 0, 0, 0
	rotation = 0, 0, 0
}

MODEL
{
	model = DMagicOrbitalScience/UniversalStorage/USSoilMoisture/modelSoilMoisture
	parent = UniversalStorage/Parts/US_1M110_Wedge_ScienceBay/model
	position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
	scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
	rotation = 0, 180, 0
	texture = SoilMoisture_DIFF, DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/SoilMoisture/SoilMoisture_DIFF
	texture = SoilMoisture_NRM, DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/SoilMoisture/SoilMoisture_NRM
	texture = Scope_DIFF, DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/Scope/Scope_DIFF
	texture = Scope_NRM, DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/Scope/Scope_NRM	
}

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_back = 0.187, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

blablabla-------------end of part-----------

9 minutes ago, *MajorTom* said:

test 1.6-2

1.karbonite, karbonite+ parts fixed! no textures bugs! great work!

2......but parts in GameData\DMagicOrbitalScience\UniversalStorage mod is still white ...

test screenshot:

901764c5d9ed.png

maybe problem in mod structure - DIFF textures ?

--------------part of USSoilMoisture.cfg-----------
MODEL
{
	model = UniversalStorage/Parts/US_1M110_Wedge_ScienceBay/model
	position = 0, 0, 0
	rotation = 0, 0, 0
}

MODEL
{
	model = DMagicOrbitalScience/UniversalStorage/USSoilMoisture/modelSoilMoisture
	parent = UniversalStorage/Parts/US_1M110_Wedge_ScienceBay/model
	position = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
	scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
	rotation = 0, 180, 0
	texture = SoilMoisture_DIFF, DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/SoilMoisture/SoilMoisture_DIFF
	texture = SoilMoisture_NRM, DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/SoilMoisture/SoilMoisture_NRM
	texture = Scope_DIFF, DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/Scope/Scope_DIFF
	texture = Scope_NRM, DMagicOrbitalScience/ProbeScience/Scope/Scope_NRM	
}

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_back = 0.187, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0
attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

blablabla-------------end of part-----------

Damn. What happens if you move the second model config up one? Hmmm... Ok. I'll download that one tonight. I really want to get this finished so I can work on EVE again :) 

I agree, system power, in the general term, weighs heavily...  That said, i'm running 60+fps in Star Citizen at medium settings.  I have no SSD's but my PC reads Kerbal from a RAID (1+0 or 0+1, don't recall which... relevant: decreased access/read time, slightly increased write time, iirc)

Win 10 x64 (Pro (as if it matters anymore...))

KSP x32 not installed on OS disk, internal RAID

8GB DDR4

AMD 1090T CPU

AMD7700 series dual GPU on single monitor @1080p (can go from 24 to 240Hz (Sony PS3 3D Monitor))

Edited by Shaggygoblin

4 hours ago, rbray89 said:

This release should address the issues with DMagic. https://github.com/rbray89/DynamicTextureLoader/releases/tag/DTL-1.6-3

I think this is about ready for release. It saves a good bit more memory by eliminating texture loads entirely. I will need a couple people to try it out first. 

Now everything works PERFECT, no bugs with DMagic instruments (and USI mods and KAX too)!
Also tested with transparent elements (DeepFreez&Caribou rover) - all OK (because you wish transparent parts in EVE)
Great job!!!!! Mod fully working!
1.6-3 OK status Screenshot -proof attached:

0c773ca08e2f.png

One question: when loading the textures of the atmosphere/(planets) in EVE-mod is loaded at once clouds and textures for all planets?
If "Yes" is it possible to optimize the loading/unloading of the atmosphere/planets in EVE only for the current (focused) planetary system? and only for Kerbol (interplanetary flight) loading of the textures/atmospheres of all planets

Edited by *MajorTom*

On 09/01/2016 at 3:53 AM, smjjames said:

That 4GB limit is actually a 32bit thing rather than directly KSP. Well okay, it's both indirectly and directly because KSP doesn't have a 64bit application yet.

Which is what made me finally install Linux on my laptop, KSP is 64bit on Linux.

I think I may have discovered a bug with 1.6.3. It appears when using TextureReplacer the default KSP textures are loaded for the EVA helmet rather than the texture in the TextureReplacer folder. The other textures it appears are loading as expected, this is new with this version.

14 hours ago, *MajorTom* said:

! Maintenant, tout fonctionne parfaitement, pas d'insectes avec des instruments DMagic (et mods USI et KAX aussi)
a également testé avec des éléments transparents (DeepFreez & caribou rover) - tout est OK (parce que vous souhaitez parties transparentes dans EVE)
Grande de travail !!!!! Mod entièrement fonctionnel!
1,6 à 3 OK état Screenshot -preuve ci-joint:

0c773ca08e2f.png

Une question: lors du chargement des textures de l'atmosphère / (planètes) dans EVE-mod est chargé à la fois des nuages et de textures pour toutes les planètes?
Si "Oui" est-il possible d'optimiser le chargement / déchargement de l'atmosphère / planètes dans EVE seulement pour le système planétaire actuelle (ciblé)? et seulement pour Kerbol (de vol interplanétaire) chargement des textures / atmosphères de toutes les planètes

How did you manage to make windows transparent ?

On 26/12/2015 at 7:27 PM, Thomas P. said:

One Note: In your readme you state that the DDS Loader is under GPL. Since you borrowed it from Kopernicus, it would be LGPL, actually ;)

That doesn't follow; the LGPL permits relicensing as GPL.

3 minutes ago, damerell said:

That doesn't follow; the LGPL permits relicensing as GPL.

I don't know a) why the forum double-posted that (I didn't) or bee) why it won't let me edit my own posts half the time or c) why anyone would think it was a good idea for "b" ")" to be interpreted as a smiley, which is why I've typed "bee".

6 hours ago, helaeon said:

I think I may have discovered a bug with 1.6.3. It appears when using TextureReplacer the default KSP textures are loaded for the EVA helmet rather than the texture in the TextureReplacer folder. The other textures it appears are loading as expected, this is new with this version.

Hmmm... It shouldn't do anything like this... I'll have to look into it.

First - this is amazing. I love it. Im using it and have no problems whatsoever except one tiny detail: procedural parts' textures.

When I use a texture in the proc parts folder everything is honkey dory - but if I try to use a texture pack the clouds thicken. Essentially bumpmaps don't load, at all, but otherwise it's fine. This is with latest working of dtl. Interestingly - with previous version some textures were also low res (which no longer appears to be the case).

All in all very  impressive!  

Edited by plausse

10 minutes ago, plausse said:

First - this is amazing. I love it. Im using it and have no problems whatsoever except one tiny detail: procedural parts' textures.

When I use a texture in the proc parts folder everything is honkey dory - but if I try to use a texture pack the clouds thicken. Essentially bumpmaps don't load, at all, but otherwise it's fine. This is with latest working of dtl. Interestingly - with previous version some textures were also low res (which no longer appears to be the case).

All in all very  impressive!  

what texture pack?

1 hour ago, rbray89 said:

what texture pack?

Freedomtex and the tantares texture one (can't remember the name). I could give better details and or logs if it would help... When im at home. Maybe it's just me ruining the paths with bad vibes?

Is anybody else having performance problems (lagspikes, FPS drops) with DTL? I've gotten fed up with the lagspiking that is going on and I'm currently trying to find out for sure if it's DTL or what.

edit: *grumble grumble* I can't really reproduce it right now, other than the lagspiking in mission control..... however, it seems to be worse as the RAM leaks pile up.

Edited by smjjames

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

Is anybody else having performance problems (lagspikes, FPS drops) with DTL? I've gotten fed up with the lagspiking that is going on and I'm currently trying to find out for sure if it's DTL or what.

edit: *grumble grumble* I can't really reproduce it right now, other than the lagspiking in mission control..... however, it seems to be worse as the RAM leaks pile up.

This is usually caused by the machine running garbage collection and freeing unused resources in the background.

16 hours ago, jarraya said:

Is anyone using this on Mac? Any benefits of having it?

I am.  It seems to help reduce memory load, as far as I can tell, but KSP stresses my (very old - 2008 is the model year) Mac in a number of different ways, so it's hard to be sure how much it helps.

16 hours ago, jarraya said:

Is anyone using this on Mac? Any benefits of having it?

I have a mid-2015 macbook pro w/retina.  I can say without a question that it does.  I've been able to turn my resolution back up to 1/2 (full res doesn't work ever) and the game has been much smoother, and crashes a lot less often.  With ATM at 1/8 res, the game was playable, but now it's much more enjoyable.