[1.1][1.1-1] Apr-19-2016 Dynamic Texture Loader

rbray89

5 hours ago, simtom said:

Do you still need DTL with KSP 1.1? 

I have 16GB of RAM so I don't think that KSP will run out of memory any time soon.

I dunno, I also have 16gb ram and with my current mod and computer usage I've run at least 5 times into memory problems where the game used more than 9-10gb and crashed after a warning from windows about ram usage.

Is there any way to tell DTL to skip certain textures?  When I have DTL installed, I get a couple errors like the one listed below resulting in a few parts not being available in game.  If I uninstall DTL, the parts work just fine so I'd like to just tell DTL to skip these particular textures.

Load(Model): BobCatind/Sovietengines/RD180/model

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

File error:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture:Internal_GetWidth (UnityEngine.Texture)

at UnityEngine.Texture.get_width () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameDatabase.BitmapToUnityNormalMap (UnityEngine.Texture2D tex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameDatabase+TextureInfo.get_normalMap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameDatabase.GetTexture (System.String url, Boolean asNormalMap) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A..ReadTextures (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A..ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.. (.UrlFile ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Model load error in 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\BobCatind\Sovietengines\RD180\model.mu'

3 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

how does this work with texture replacer or active texture management?

I suggest reading down to the third paragraph of the original post in the thread. In fact, push the boat out - read the whole thing.

About VRAM usage, I tried both forcing DX11 and OpenGL and in both cases I go beyond 3GB main memory usage when I load my save and enter KSC view. I'm still on 1.0.5. My video card has 4GB of VRAM. What am I missing?

Anyway, I ordered an additional 6GB of RAM and it's about to ship. Just gotta wait for a couple of more mods to update to 1.1 before I start my new career save.

Edited by Honeybadga

1 hour ago, Honeybadga said:

About VRAM usage, I tried both forcing DX11 and OpenGL and in both cases I go beyond 3GB main memory usage when I load my save and enter KSC view. I'm still on 1.0.5. My video card has 4GB of VRAM. What am I missing?

Anyway, I ordered an additional 6GB of RAM and it's about to ship. Just gotta wait for a couple of more mods to update to 1.1 before I start my new career save.

Hmmm... You may have non-part textures? What about things like texture replacer and EVE?

Just now, rbray89 said:

Hmmm... You may have non-part textures? What about things like texture replacer and EVE?

Yeah, I'm using EVE. I tried with stock visual enhancements and scatterer but with those, RAM usage went through the roof. Now I rolled back to using EVE only.

29 minutes ago, Honeybadga said:

Yeah, I'm using EVE. I tried with stock visual enhancements and scatterer but with those, RAM usage went through the roof. Now I rolled back to using EVE only.

Are you on a laptop or desktop? Could the wrong GPU be in use? Did you use a memory profiler to check what your VRAM memory usage really was (CU-Z)? What about using a tool to check that you are really using DX11 and OGL (MSI Afterburner)? 

Edited by rbray89

2 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Are you on a laptop or desktop? Could the wrong GPU be in use?

I'm on a custom built desktop with a 1st generation core i7, so there's no onboard GPU. My only GPU is a GTX960 with 4GB VRAM.

4 minutes ago, Shinji-The-Kerbonaut said:

You packaged the .zip with a bunch of other stuff, so finding the proper folder I needed to put into GameData became a real irritation.

Are you talking about the source downloads github release page? I don't have control over that in github releases. At any rate, the AnyCPU-DynamicTextureLoader-Release.zip  is pretty obvious with its name that it is what is to be downloaded.

And now I'm experiencing problems. Game keeps crashing when trying to load for no good reason. Log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra6irgrk45pmwfi/output_log.txt?dl=0

OS is Windows 7 64-bit, trying to run 32-bit KSP.

Mods being used:

• Better Burn Time
  • DMagic Orbital Science
  • DynamicTextureLoader
  • KerbalJointReinforcement
  • Modular Rocket System
  • RLA Stockalike
  • Tweakscale

Considering I don't know anything about programming and that, I thought I'd get your help.

11 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35083538/KSP.log

LOG^^^

@rbray89: I take it back, apparently their is a bug with the plugin. 

Sorry, gonna have to diagnose this.

2 minutes ago, Shinji-The-Kerbonaut said:

And now I'm experiencing problems. Game keeps crashing when trying to load for no good reason. Log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra6irgrk45pmwfi/output_log.txt?dl=0

OS is Windows 7 64-bit, trying to run 32-bit KSP.

Mods being used:

• Better Burn Time
  • DMagic Orbital Science
  • DynamicTextureLoader
  • KerbalJointReinforcement
  • Modular Rocket System
  • RLA Stockalike
  • Tweakscale

Considering I don't know anything about programming and that, I thought I'd get your help.

Hmmm... looks like there may be a memory leak in the cache loading. Not sure why though as the code hasn't really changed between releases. It may be a while until a fix is found. These kinds of issues can be difficult to solve.