[1.1][1.1-1] Apr-19-2016 Dynamic Texture Loader

rbray89

1 hour ago, Amedee said:

Do you need any help? What would be the most useful help you could get? Like extra developers eyeballing the code, CI infrastructure to run tests on every commit, testers writing and executing test cases,... 

I think I can get this done over the long weekend.

47 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Literally the post above yours. Please read a bit before posting.

I don't know what he means by the "long weekend". It's kind of a vauge statement. Does that mean this weekend? Does that mean next weekend? I am trying to figure this out.

12 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I think it refers to the US Memorial Day weekend, which is the weekend past. Patience, as always.

You mean - it's *this* weekend.  Including today.  :wink:  Assume he's currently working on it.  (And assume it'll take longer than expected - things often do.)

On 5/27/2016 at 8:15 PM, rbray89 said:

I think I can get this done over the long weekend.

Uhmm... sorry to be ignorant, but which long weekend would that be? My earliest long weekend is that of July 21 -> July 24, but that's only in my country (Belgian national holiday).

EDIT: ok it's a US-centric thing. Which nobody else on the planet is familiar with. :-D
#murricah

Edited by Amedee

On 6/1/2016 at 0:40 PM, Noah_Blade said:

yeah thats the issue with international communities [besides language barriers] coordination with national holidays and such.

språkbarriärer är överskattad....speciellt när du kan prata svensk

On 6/6/2016 at 5:49 AM, Tanner Rawlings said:

I know that it's Swedish (Svensk), but if I read that out loud, it sounds like a Dutch dialect, like West-Flemish. :-D

Edited by Amedee

9 hours ago, Amedee said:

If I read that out loud, it sounds like a Dutch dialect, like West-Flemish. :-D

It's Swedish for language barriers are overrated, especially when you speak Swedish.

-Google Translate.

On 6/5/2016 at 10:49 PM, Tanner Rawlings said:

see, this is what i get for watching all those educational videos on youtube. i know what partial ineligibility means, and why it applies to sprakbarriarer's.

Can anyone see the topic from here? compass? Map? anyone? this being KSP, the solution to "finding the topic" is probably just a suborbital hop. 

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:28 PM, Syczek said:

I hope u will update this mod because ksp even with 8 gb swallows it almost all with 80 mods

How can I then run with 100 mods with 4 GB??? **** COMON! WHEN WILL MY NEW COMPUTER ARRIVE?!

If you want KSP to able to use MORE RAM than the 3 GB limit, and you have more than 3GB, like I do, go and use 64-bit KSP. That version is much more stable than the old 64 bit KSP. Plus, there's no 3 GB limit, because you can theoretically use an infinite amount of memory by today's standards of memory.

9 hours ago, FirstSecondThird said:

If you want KSP to able to use MORE RAM than the 3 GB limit, and you have more than 3GB, like I do, go and use 64-bit KSP. That version is much more stable than the old 64 bit KSP. Plus, there's no 3 GB limit, because you can theoretically use an infinite amount of memory by today's standards of memory.

Uhhhhmm... I guess this topic has always been about the 64bit KSP?

I have 8 GiB physical memory and KSP is consuming 10.4 GiB with 107 mods (I <3 planet packs and anything that adds science and contracts). I'm going to the pc shop soon to get a memory upgrade (to the max of 32 GiB for my motherboard) but meanwhile anything that reduces swapping would be nice. (Gotta love Linux memory management)

17 hours ago, FirstSecondThird said:

Is the 64-bit KSP the same version as 32-bit KSP?

On 6/12/2016 at 8:08 AM, RA3236 said:

Uuhhh... Yeah, long weekend for USA is LOONG gone. Not pestering, but you are a bit late :wink: 

This is how you discourage modders from talking about development.

Modders are like wizards: Modders are never late, nor are they early, they release precisely when they mean to.

13 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

This is how you discourage modders from talking about development.

Modders are like wizards: Modders are never late, nor are they early, they release precisely when they mean to.

Whatever happened to the Agile mantra Release Early, Release Often? ;-)

j/k

Anyone else here who is on Linux and currently uses more KSP memory than physical memory?
I am really surprised that the game is still playable. I'd expect massive trashing.

5 hours ago, Amedee said:

Anyone else here who is on Linux and currently uses more KSP memory than physical memory?
I am really surprised that the game is still playable. I'd expect massive trashing.

I wouldn't. The working set is smaller than the total allocation - much smaller, I'd imagine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

A few posts have been pruned that were requesting updates, or asking when there would be an update.

Just a friendly reminder that requesting a mod update-- or asking when it will be updated-- is prohibited by forum guidelines (specifically, rule 2.3.f), if anyone has previously asked about it.

Mod authors put in lots of time and hard work, for free, to produce shiny toys that anyone who wants to can use, asking nothing in return.  And mod authors are people, too, who have their own real-life responsibilities that need to take priority over modding.  So let's show our appreciation by not jostling their elbows or breathing down their necks, shall we?

A mod author produces a mod-- and, if so inclined, posts about it in the mod's thread-- purely at their own initiative, because they have the time and inclination to do so.  Posting to request an update, or to complain that one has been a long time coming, is completely unnecessary in addition to being a poor way of showing appreciation for someone who has produced something for free.  Trust me, the mod author knows there are plenty of people out there who would eagerly like to get something new, so you're not providing any new information.  All that such posts accomplish is to harass the mod author, which is perhaps not the best way to motivate someone.

If the author hasn't posted anything, it's because he or she has chosen not to do so, and the least we can do is to respect that choice.

It's worth noting that in this case, the author hasn't posted anything in the forum since May, and hasn't visited the forum at all in over a month, so it seems likely that the author may be busy with other things, and I wouldn't hold your breath.

So please, just chill out.  There may be an update tomorrow.  Or maybe in a week.  Or maybe a year.  Or maybe never.  It's entirely up to the mod author (and rightly so.)  Whenever it will be, if ever... it's completely out of your hands, so there's no point in posting anything about it.  Just watch the thread, and I'm sure the mod author will post if-and-when an update is available.

Thank you for your understanding.