Combat Drone Inititative - Trial 1 Complete - Round 3 Videos Posted

Especially if it works!

The entire scenario works. It is a little picky as to how to set it up, but I think I have it down. Activate the Missile Defense rove - it uses Mech Jeb and waypoints - the rest of the emplacements are static.  bracket over the the defender craft and activate them, bracket to a stationary fuel truck, then go to the attacking craft and launch them. I have to stay with them for a bit as I have to activate the AI and Guard mode when they get closer.

Edited by SasquatchM

The issue I had was that the 2 drone groups, attacker and defender, were too far away from each other to load properly. even with small beacon craft in between them, I could not bracket to both of them.  What I ended up doing was prepping everything at the KSC, going to the attacking craft and launching them manually in a straight line towards the KSC. At about 3.5 km I can bracket to the defenders and launch them, then go back to the attackers and activate the ai and guard.  It is, in fact, a pain in the ass, but it works.  I have Scrappy Doo's run recorded right now.

I wonder if hte standby mode on the AI activates if something is in range?  It is too bad it will not activate the engines on it's own.

16 minutes ago, SasquatchM said:

I wonder if hte standby mode on the AI activates if something is in range?  It is too bad it will not activate the engines on it's own.

It does ... you can activate the engines, the AI and the guard mode with standby mode on and the drones will launch when something is in range.

Problem with this is it cancels out my turbo boost at launch since the 3 sepratrons on the Scrappy Doo are hot-keyed to 1 and I don't know a way of triggering them once something comes into range

Scoring is incorrect as I was tired.  There is no deduction for friendly drones being destroyed, you just are not awarded points for them surviving.

SHOULD BE 40 POINTS

Edited by SasquatchM
Scoring incorrect. Thanks 1 a.m.

I would post the video of the Doppelganger, but It was my craft anyway and it was a horrible slaughter.  If it scored any points it was because the Ogres ran out of fuel doing guns-only runs on ground targets after they ran out of missiles.

So, we currently have a tie.

On 1/17/2016 at 8:57 AM, SasquatchM said:

I would post the video of the Doppelganger, but It was my craft anyway and it was a horrible slaughter.  If it scored any points it was because the Ogres ran out of fuel doing guns-only runs on ground targets after they ran out of missiles.

So, we currently have a tie.

When will the tie be settled? 

Opinion time!

The next phase is going to be for ground attack drones, and done leader board style.  Points will be awarded for targets destroyed, destroying all targets and with times as a multiplier. ( rough idea only at this point )   New thread or an extension of this one?

Edited by SasquatchM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.