Jump to content

How do you post pictures?


KerbalCorgi
 Share

Recommended Posts

To take a screenshot:  F1 (it gets put in the "Screenshots" folder of your KSP installation).  Also useful is F2, which toggles the screen UI on/off, if you want a less-cluttered screenshot.

To post a screenshot:  The easiest way is with imgur.  It's free, it doesn't make you muck around with getting an account or signing in.  Just go to imgur.com, click on "Upload Pictures", and drag your picture file into the box, then "Upload".  When it's done, right-click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location".

To insert the screenshot into your forum post, just click on the "Insert other media" button at bottom right, then choose "Insert image from URL" and paste the URL of the uploaded image.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums!

There are many ways to post screenshots.  I usually have great difficulty just using the Imgur site so instead I use Flickr.  With Flickr, you upload your pics, creating an album for them in the process and also setting the copyright/license.  Then you go to your new album, click on one of hte pics, and hit the SHARE button.  This pops up a window with a row of 3 buttons on the top edge that give you different results depending on where you're posting the pic.  You want the option at the left end that just gives you a short URL.  Copy that URL to the clipboard, paste it into the forum post, and hit ENT.  Poof, picture is in post.

You can also insert entire albums into the post but all pics in the album must be public domain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, batman78781 said:

Just a question with imgur, I'm having trouble with making an album, and I don't want to post multiple links. I don't see an option to make an album though. Any tips? Thanks.

If you look at the toolbar at the top, when you're making a post, way over on the right edge is a little imgur icon (white "i" with green dot on a black square)-- if you mouse over it, the tooltip is "Imgur Album".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Note, the new forum can be "funny" when it comes to YouTube and image links.  It won't process and convert the link into a preview unless you hit [enter] after pasting in the YouTube or image link.

There's also an Imgur album button in the compose toolbar (next to the Font/Size buttons), but that only wants the "code" (or unique ID) of the Imgur album.  Which is the last part of the URL (usually 5-7 alphanumeric characters).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

 

On 12/31/2015 at 4:39 AM, WuphonsReach said:

Note, the new forum can be "funny" when it comes to YouTube and image links.  It won't process and convert the link into a preview unless you hit [enter] after pasting in the YouTube or image link.

There's also an Imgur album button in the compose toolbar (next to the Font/Size buttons), but that only wants the "code" (or unique ID) of the Imgur album.  Which is the last part of the URL (usually 5-7 alphanumeric characters).

Using the "Direct Link" option in Imgur I can get a single image to show up.

However, I can not get an album  to work either by pasting a link or using the icon & code...I just get this for example:

Album E0yKX1d will appear when post is submitted

Further suggestions  appreciated, Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AloE said:

Further suggestions  appreciated, Thanks!

Album displays are no longer supported IIRC. 

But to show an image, when viewing it on your hosting site of choice, right click the image, select "Copy Image Location" and then in the forums, click "Insert Other Media" and paste the URL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2018 at 1:46 PM, AloE said:

Using the "Direct Link" option in Imgur I can get a single image to show up.

However, I can not get an album  to work either by pasting a link or using the icon & code...I just get this for example:

Album E0yKX1d will appear when post is submitted

Further suggestions  appreciated, Thanks!

Imgur albums do not work, the imgur album button in the editor is a trap. :) They used to work, which is why you still see instructions for how to embed them.

A direct link (i.e. xxxx.jpg, xxxx.png) to most images will auto-embed, no need to to "insert other media."

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, Finchy_McFinch said:

Is there any way to put images on your forum posts without using websites?

Nope.

Fortunately it's generally not a problem, since imgur.com is so convenient (just takes a couple of mouse clicks, requires no account creation).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Snark said:

Nope.

Fortunately it's generally not a problem, since imgur.com is so convenient (just takes a couple of mouse clicks, requires no account creation).

Not the case for me. I clicked upload, so I could copy the images in, and it asked me to create an account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Finchy_McFinch said:

Not the case for me. I clicked upload, so I could copy the images in, and it asked me to create an account.

That's probably not the right button. You want the "new post" button at the top left of the website. Once you click that, you get a "drag and drop your image here" window. Once you drop your image there, the website processes it into a proper sized image (probably jpg), and gives you a URL link to the image. You can either paste that link into your comment, or you can try to get tricky with it to have it display automatically (but that takes more steps).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bewing said:

That's probably not the right button. You want the "new post" button at the top left of the website. Once you click that, you get a "drag and drop your image here" window. Once you drop your image there, the website processes it into a proper sized image (probably jpg), and gives you a URL link to the image. You can either paste that link into your comment, or you can try to get tricky with it to have it display automatically (but that takes more steps).

 

OK, thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...