People who joined back in 2011: are any of you still here?

Panichio

Joined August 8, 2012. Right after the Mars Curiosity Rover landed. They interviewed the Mohawk Guy, a systems engineer at NASA who said he played Kerbal Space Program. Well I had to take a look at that. Have not played since 1.05. Waiting for 1.01 to start up again. Too many memory crashes with 32bit. Yeah, I know too many mods installed.

Joined on July 10,  2011.  I still play a lot :)

funny how much fun it was to play, just making orbit was super hard,  and that was kinda all there was to do. 

There was no Mun :) (or planets....)  

There was no Kerbol, it was just a part of the back ground....  people tried to get there,  just kept flying and flying....

I followed the development very closely for a long time,  always playing the crap out of new features, then waiting patiently for new features.  Eventually got bored around .17 or .so,   but contracts brought me back.   I was kinda impressed a that point, and thought,  wow,  now its pretty much a complete game,  then they went .9 and 1.0.    .25 was pretty much the end state i was expecting when i bought in originally.

it makes me so happy to see the development continue.  definitely the best 7 dollars i ever spent. 

Joined on 14th of July, 2011. I don't quite remember what version of the game it was that I started with - .8? .9? It was still a tiny bunch of parts, and the terrain was a poorly-textured cratery mess that danced and morphed like crazy as you flew over it. The planet was lonely and static - no moons, no other celestial body except for a single point of light for the sun hanging infinitely far away directly above the KSC - and no rotation, either. The dark side of the planet was glitchy and destroyed any craft that tried to land on it.

In a nutshell, the KSP was a bare glitchy proof-of-concept sort of deal. And yet, there was something about it that made me believe it would blossom into something beautiful. Maybe it felt like Orbiter and yet also like an actual game. Maybe the vessel construction reminded me of Spore done right. Maybe the Minecraft zeitgeist made me interested in watching this game develop right before my eyes and maybe even influence it as it did (mind you, the Early Access wasn't a thing back then, and neither were the weariness and wariness about unfinished indie games). So I bought the game as soon as preorders were available, and that was the best 6 euro I've ever spent on a videogame.

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

Joined August 8, 2012. Right after the Mars Curiosity Rover landed. They interviewed the Mohawk Guy, a systems engineer at NASA who said he played Kerbal Space Program. Well I had to take a look at that. Have not played since 1.05. Waiting for 1.01 to start up again. Too many memory crashes with 32bit. Yeah, I know too many mods installed.

It's already been over three years since the curiosity rover landed!? We're has time gone? :o

On 31/12/2015 at 0:15 PM, razark said:

the 2013 issue only wiped out users that had joined in a specific timeframe.  Anyone that joined before (I think) October 2012 should have survived.

I just escaped being erased by that by a few months! July 2012 for me, was playing a few months before finding this awesome place, but not quite 2011.  Oldest KSP I've got is 0.15.
It's really nice to see so many peps from way back still here. There's a few who've fallen along the way who I miss *pours one out, but it's impressive how many are still here. la familia es todo!

Been around the forums since late 2011, post pretty rarely but both lurk and play everyday. Got the game probably a month before I joined here. Edit. Just looked it up, version 0.9 was my first intro to the game. Despite the complaints and issues, I'm still overwhelmed by how far it's come in these past few years. 

Edited by JacobT11

Well, let's see...

I started playing this game back in 10th grade chem class, when the demo was .18. I joined the forums after lurking for a few months, at the beginning of 11th grade. So... I'm not from 2011, but I remember all the way back to .23.5, and .22 if I try really hard.

Started playing in early 2013 and joined the forum in time to just barely miss the great forum wipe - by a few days I think. Version then was 0.17.

I think I saw an earlier demo version but I only jumped in when I realised that KSP was playable on Linux. I never boot my windows partition, I should delete it forever.

I still play every day but I don't post much. KSP just gets better and better all the time, many thanks to Squad and the wonderful modding community.

I started with 0.13 in late 2011, but didn't start posting in the forums until mid-2013.  I lurked around for quite a while though.  I still remember how excited the forums were when 0.18 came out because it added docking.  I suppose there may be some players that have since got bored with the game, but as KSP has progressed in development it's taken over my gaming time almost completely.  I have a few games on my shelf I've never even touched because of KSP. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really good thread @Panichio, you've been pinned for March :)

I joined in February 2012, not long after finding the 0.13.2 demo on Reddit, KSP has changed so much since back then and so has the community, but it's still full of great people.

Oh man... It was so long ago.  I remember first trying KSP before even time warp or maps (or the Mun) and attempting to get orbit. We couldn't tell if we were in orbit and I didn't understand the m/s would tell me. So I just guessed and did something else for a while and came back and checked if I crashed or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.