People who joined back in 2011: are any of you still here?

Panichio

User #2214 reporting in!  I haven't been super active on the forums, and I don't play the game continuously between releases but I've been around since the start.  Crazy how things have changed!

0.7.3 represent :D. I loved this game up until about 0.19, got mad at how it was developing, and left for a very long time and still am. I just happened to brush by the forums in light of 1.1 releasing. I'm glad the game is still around, but think it could have turned out better had the developers kept a more open line with the players. I miss the old times :( of talking to HarvesteR right here on the forum.

Yes :P

Never stopped playing, took a good long time, longer then I would like to admit learn to do things like docking, landing on the mun. Probably a few years but my patience and youtubers have helped keep my passion alive for this game.

I remember working at MediaTemple and hearing a co-worker tell me about this game and I've never been the same since.

My biggest blocker to enjoyment has always been part lag so 1.1 is going to really really be amazing. :)

And the coolest part is that my sons enjoys the game and is starting to attempt to play it, which will be made easier when a console version comes out.

Edited by bwheatley
forgot to put content lol

I have been playing since 2011, user since 2012... So amazing to see how far it has come. I remember when the Mun was much flatter!

13 hours ago, OtherDalfite said:

0.7.3 represent :D. I loved this game up until about 0.19, got mad at how it was developing, and left for a very long time and still am. I just happened to brush by the forums in light of 1.1 releasing. I'm glad the game is still around, but think it could have turned out better had the developers kept a more open line with the players. I miss the old times :( of talking to HarvesteR right here on the forum.

Yea, I can't comment on how often devs respond (I have only recently started lurking again), but it was pretty awesome to get a response from Harvester so quick back then.

I've been here since October 2011. I dont talk much as I see whats happening with KSP, and currently its probably already surpassed my expectations of what I wanted from KSP. Im here just for the joy ride :)

Started with KSP in January 2011, but joined the forums quite late (July 2012).

Those were great times, finding out stuff yourself. I think the many youtube videos are both, a blessing and a big huge fun killer. I always encourage new players not to watch any videos.

Edited by dr.phees

Started playing KSP in 0.12, didn't join the forum till November or December of 2012 though, so I didn't survive the Great Wipe. I've always been a bit of a lurker, though I'll occasionally post if I think I can contribute. Biggest change for me has been all the polish the game has gotten, I remember having to just guess my way through a trans munar injection burn because there were no patched conics, though I must say I miss exploring and I'm somewhat disappointed in the lack of new easter eggs (though that could just be that I haven't been able to find them...) I'm also in agreement with some of the other people here, I miss interacting with the devs on the forums, and I must say I'm not a huge fan of how much the dev team has changed over in the last little while. I miss Knova Kllisko (If you get that reference, you've been around a while).

Edited by jjwb22101

Been here since 2011 as well.  This is the most unique, fun game I've ever played.  I don't play too often, but hope to do so more now that I have a new laptop...my desktop had issues.  Whenever video games/simulators come up in conversation with friends, I always mention KSP to them.  Just today I was showing the game to a coworker who was both amazed and laughing at it.  The game's really what you make of it- love it!

Learned about KSP on a Let's Play video makers' forum in September or October of 2011. I recall I thought it looked kinda interesting, but I wasn't all that interested in rockets, even if they were funny exploding rockets. A short time later I learned the game had recently added a moon to land on, and also there was a popular mod available that let players design and fly spaceplanes! So I picked up KSP and started playing somewhere around October or November 2011, with the initial goal of landing a spaceplane on the Mun.

For years, playing KSP and making videos have been linked together in my mind. Now I've pretty much decided to stop the videos altogether, and I have to learn how to enjoy the game on my own. Currently waiting for a stable full release of 1.1 so I can mod the crap out of my game and start playing again.

Whoops, got distracted again for a few months there! :P Great replies everyone - this was fascinating, thanks. Still recognize some of you, actually! (@sal_vager @TheCardinal @White Owl, for example :)).

On 3/28/2016 at 10:16 PM, OtherDalfite said:

Yeah, I remember writing a long post about how I thought research and development should go (before there was even a Mun, I believe) and got a nice long response from HarvesteR who said he'd keep it in mind. Made my day haha! I feel like that part of the game, the campaign, could have turned out better, or at least I had bigger/impossible expectations of what it might become. How about you, @OtherDalfite? What did you think could have turned out better?

I think I was here since 2012, my account got deleted on the great wipe or whatever you guys call it now.

I could recognize most people here and found forum friends all over the place. On imgur, reddit, and even Youtube. Speaking of which, I can't seem to find any of the users I had as friends here before they switched to this new site. Do we still have a "friends" list?

I kinda miss it, man. Getting in trouble with the mods for using a bad word here and there, checking out Whackjob's crazy stuff, all the tips we shared on this thread: 

The music-sharing thread, the "What did you do today?" one, which I think is still going strong...  It feels weird, like we had a tightly-knit community, I had never seen something like that in a gaming forum. 

But, you know... life happened. Finished High School, got a job, went into mechanical engineering (because of KSP, speaking of the devil), laptop became crappy and I kinda went out the back door.  Haven't been to this forum for a while, and even more if we're talking about doing it constantly. I just... meh.

I'm still subscribed to Scott Manley, Cupcake, Danny, Elysium, Giggleplex, HOC, iDan (I think he got banned...), katateochi (remember his awesome Curiosity replica, and the Constellation one too!), a bunch of other ones, and yes, even Macey Dean; How could we forget about Macey?

Aaaaaanyway, I'm kinda getting nostalgic over a game. Got something in my eye.

If any of the old folks here recognize me, you get a free internet cookie.

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 6:48 AM, TheWanderer said:

Always remember, a lack of forum posts does not me a lack of game time

Hi there! Bought @ $7 and over Evil hours racked up on steam alone (> 666) and what, 15 forum posts :D

I started playing around early 2012, my friend showed me, and i played Demo for a long while, he said there is a special coming up a few months after demo, and he said if i get it now i'll get a free DLC, which was his lie to get me to finally get the real version. After a year i realised that there were forums which was 2013 which i joined the forums (though i had no real need back then)

On 3/30/2016 at 7:34 AM, Panichio said:

Whoops, got distracted again for a few months there! :P Great replies everyone - this was fascinating, thanks. Still recognize some of you, actually! (@sal_vager @TheCardinal @White Owl, for example :)).

Yeah, I remember writing a long post about how I thought research and development should go (before there was even a Mun, I believe) and got a nice long response from HarvesteR who said he'd keep it in mind. Made my day haha! I feel like that part of the game, the campaign, could have turned out better, or at least I had bigger/impossible expectations of what it might become. How about you, @OtherDalfite? What did you think could have turned out better?

I really think Resources could have turned out way better. Their original plan with NovaSilisko's parts looked way more fun than todays.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.