Mars Rover

Abhishek Adhikari

I launched a mars rover to Duna. I planned interplanetary transfer by reading the wiki Tutorial. Actually you have to wait for the planets to align i.e., Kerbin and Duna should be around 44° with sun as center. Then I launched it to a 100km orbit around kerbin. And after the prograde burn my spacecraft was on the transfer orbit around the sun to Duna. I did a retrograde burn after arriving Duna so that my periapsis is beneath the surface for an aerobraking. Then I opned the parachutes to slow it down to around 10m/s. After that the engines of the skycrane were ignited to land it safely and later detachd the skycrane and crashed it somewhere. I will be uploading the pics soon.

Very nice job! But for future missions you might want to have a little less RCS since it hurts your overall Delta-V since it is highh density, usually 100-150 units of Monoprop for manuvering on a large stage is good. But the skycrane is awesome! Could you upload the craft file to KerbalX (or anying else works, it's just preferred to use KerbalX) so we can download it since I want to fly it now! And land the rover on Vall or somewhere else.

On 1/1/2016 at 10:40 PM, legoclone09 said:

Very nice job! But for future missions you might want to have a little less RCS since it hurts your overall Delta-V since it is highh density, usually 100-150 units of Monoprop for manuvering on a large stage is good. But the skycrane is awesome! Could you upload the craft file to KerbalX (or anying else works, it's just preferred to use KerbalX) so we can download it since I want to fly it now! And land the rover on Vall or somewhere else.

Ok. I will upload it soon. But be sure to install Zero Point Inline Fairing first download and Oblivion Aerospace Pack(for Heat Shield) download.

Just wait for a few days. I will upload it within a week. Exams going on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.