What's happening with ksp 1.1?

Hiya and happy new years tomorrow! Or if your down under, happy new years already!.

So as the title says, what's happening with 1.1? Every day, I search ksp 1.1 release date hoping to find some new news but I can't find anything, I search on the forums and find nothing :-(

The game for me seems to be unplayable, due to my amd setup, I believe this is a big problem for everyone with amd CPU's and GPU's.

At the moment I'm running a fx 8350 OC @4.6ghz, r9 290 OC, 16gb ram OC, sad, Windows 10 etc and the game runs ok but soon as it hits a little bit of load, it just lags out fps drop, lower the settings to help improve stuff, that don't really do anything, then I'm stuck as the game fps drops get to about 7-10 fps and I haven't got passed Minmus yet. Seem for me is to install a different operating system what I rather not do or wait for 1.1, but the dates have changed and the games devs don't seem to want to make anything easy with this game.

So does anyone else know anything or found a fix for amd that I've missed? (Amd mode) doesn't seem to do anything for btw lol.

I have noticed that AMD seem to be like a vehicle that revs high but is low on torque. Myself I use Intel/Nvidia as I need it to process video and the difference there between the capabilities of AMD and Intel make the extra cost worthwhile.

Hopefully, when 1.1 drops and some of the load is shifted to the GPU the game will improve for you.

Best bet is to use less parts.  I run a lower clocked 8320 and a 560, and haven't had much issue.  My guess is that I'm not as spoiled on other games as you and your 290, so I never miss the difference.

Note: I'm pretty sure the Scott Manley videos from when he was doing the Kerbin-Mun-Kerbin runs in <1 hour was *not* shown in real time, but sped up somehow during the first few stages.  Wackjob sized crafts and huge space stations are always going to be a problem (and the way scaling works, you probably just keep building until it becomes a problem.  And when it becomes a problem it becomes a huge problem).  [Scott just made a video of building a state of the art Intel/Nvidia 32GB beast, but I think the old machine was an AMD.  It seemed to work pretty well.]

Also, Squad has made at least some sort of commitment to fix this type of thing with 1.1 (for unknown values of fix).  The processors in the PS4/XBox1 are 8 (AMD) jaguar cores and much weaker than even the AMD FX cores.  For KSP to "work" on consoles, they have to require much less single core power.  Just don't expect part limits to ever go away: there will always be either a scaling issue that limits your framerate or some sort of artificial limit (such as the VAB part limit) that keeps you from banging away at the scaling limit.

You are in violation of the rules sir!

You filthy uncivilized brute!

:wink:

2.3 Forbidden messages
  1. Messages that contain no meaningful content, such as "like", “Bump" or any variation on the type of message that is used to needlessly boost threads and/or keep post counts up;
  2. Messages made for the perceived purpose of stirring up and otherwise getting a rise from users (ie, flamebaiting, troll posts);
  3. Messages that only contain images in response to a certain subject dependent to the context of the thread (ie. reaction images);
  4. Messages that purposefully change the subject of conversation in a thread without a natural tie to the topic at hand; and
  5. Messages that inquire about release dates for future versions of KSP.
Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

@terryammon  hi and welcome to this great game and community.

FYI, Squad don't give release dates etc  except under very exceptional circumstances.  Partly due to the fact that they probably don't know themselves when stuff will be ready before it actually is, so it helps avoid building up false hopes of players,  like me and you, that are eagerly waiting.  And to avoid incurring the wrath of disappointed players if they miss a date they said because it wasn't quite ready after all.  For these reasons enquiring about release dates is 'against the rules' and because there is no point asking anyway, they won't tell.

I don't expect 1.1 will be too long now though, but quite rightly, we won't get our hands on it until Squad are happy with it.

If it's any consolation my Intel 4690k/Nvidia GTX980ti also bogs down to sub 10 fps, with stations sometimes even at just 100 parts. I guess it it will be done when it's done.

Edited by Fleb

45 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

2.3 Forbidden messages
  1. Messages that contain no meaningful content, such as "like", “Bump" or any variation on the type of message that is used to needlessly boost threads and/or keep post counts up;
  2. Messages made for the perceived purpose of stirring up and otherwise getting a rise from users (ie, flamebaiting, troll posts);
  3. Messages that only contain images in response to a certain subject dependent to the context of the thread (ie. reaction images);
  4. Messages that purposefully change the subject of conversation in a thread without a natural tie to the topic at hand; and

Nothing uncivilised with what I posted, all I was asking was for help and pointing out the fact that's it is hard to find information on the release and whys to fix issues, I think this is the best game released in this decade, just need to be a little more user friendly.

Now if I was uncivilised, i would off said the game is still in a beta state, as a consumer I have rights, them has a trader has rules and regulations to apply too and I would be claiming a full refund.

Plus where I live in the UK, new laws have just come into force for anyone that is Trolling, if charged for this, the maximum prison sentence is upto 5 years lol, so I wouldn't be doing that lol.

19 minutes ago, terryammon said:

Nothing uncivilised with what I posted, all I was asking was for help and pointing out the fact that's it is hard to find information on the release and whys to fix issues, I think this is the best game released in this decade, just need to be a little more user friendly.

Now if I was uncivilised, i would off said the game is still in a beta state, as a consumer I have rights, them has a trader has rules and regulations to apply too and I would be claiming a full refund.

Plus where I live in the UK, new laws have just come into force for anyone that is Trolling, if charged for this, the maximum prison sentence is upto 5 years lol, so I wouldn't be doing that lol.

Guess you guys don't have a good sense of humor over there on the other side of the pond lol.

Just busting your stones guy.

:confused:

7 minutes ago, terryammon said:

It's hard to tell if someone's messing around or not these days, my bad :')

No problem! It's a really stupid rule, which is why some of us tend to make fun of it around here, lol.

Probably my fault, being ironic doesn't always translate well over text. :sealed:

Welcome to the forums by the way!

I have an Intel CPU and AMD GPU and since Windows 10 came out I too have been experiencing quite some issues with games, including KSP. Windows keeps installing an outdated GPU driver, so you might want to check whether you really have the latest drivers installed. Furthermore, for some reason completely unknown to me the CPU power settings were set to 5% even on performance mode (!), which made the CPU underclock continuously. Upping that to 80% was a world of difference. Perhaps this might be the case for you too? In that case, go to power settings --> select the mode you'd like to change --> advanced --> processor power settings. 

On 12/31/2015 at 7:46 AM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

It's a really stupid rule

It's there because some people get really bent out of shape about dates. Don't get bent out of shape, and we can let people have their discussions. :)

Since there are other things going on in this thread, I'll let it be. *continues to the next thread*

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I have basically the exact same specs as you except my 290 and RAM aren't Overclocked and I do not experience any performance issues. In order to help you as much as possible, I'll provide all details I can.

My system:

• AMD 8350 @4.6GHz
  • XFX DD Black R9 290 @ stock
  • 16GB DDR3 1600MHz (cas 11, it's crucial ballistix)
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (7200 rpm - I used to use an SSD but ever since loading optimizations... no need)
  • A 2560x1080 monitor (LG 29UM67-P @75hz w/ DP cable)
  • Gigabyte board (990-FX UM7 *I think*)

My software stuff:

• I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
  • Latest AMD crimson drivers.
  • Freesync enabled.
  • I use the latest 32bit steam KSP, and sometimes some small part mods and sometimes some graphical mods. I used to use FAR but meh.
  • I use 4x AA with otherwise max settings (including max max physics delta time because it's okay for things to take longer if you ask me)
  • I have little-to-no background programs running (antivirus, steam, and maybe a couple tabs in chrome...)
  • The only time I start to get fps dips is while experiencing reentry effects. I might turn those down as well, depending on
  • My part count, which I keep below 500 per craft as a rule of thumb.

I will add/change details as necessary as I haven't actually launched KSP in a while. I am doing that now, though.

UPDATE: So I've just spent a while mucking about and KSP seems to be running just fine. If you provide more info I'd be glad to try to work with you and see if we can resolve your issue. Good luck!

Edited by xurol
Updated information in post.

the whole "talking about release dates" is meant as "don't spam the forums with 'WHEN IS IT COMING I WANT IT NOW!'" type thing, as spam discouragement. This is actually pretty decent when it comes to the discussion, because he's talking about something other than the dates as his main topic. He's just hoping that it all gets better, and it will. Just gotta wait 2 weeks.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 8:05 AM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

2.3 Forbidden messages

Technically, you are breaking the rules for "backseat moderating". I heard it liquides some of the mods off. I was told to just report not teach. I'm being a hypocrite now. :o

8 hours ago, Aperture Science Employee said:

Technically, you are breaking the rules for "backseat moderating". I heard it liquides some of the mods off. I was told to just report not teach. I'm being a hypocrite now. :o

Technically, I was making a joke to poke fun at what I think is a silly rule.

I mean on any other forum I could see that rule working out for the best, don't want umpteen posts from "steamkiddies" whining about the next patch taking too long.

The KSP forums however are pretty mature for the most part, and the average thread posing this question is typically very innocent in nature. That said the mods rarely actually act on the rule, so I think they realize this as well.

13 hours ago, Aperture Science Employee said:

If you actually read the appropriate rule you will find the only example given is "acting as staff" which I don't think he can be accused of at all.  All he did was point out the rule breach, he didn't ask or tell him to stop it.

Then again, calling him a filthy uncivilized brute technically (and not so technically) breaks several of the other rules anyway... ;) 

This is an old post, and you're calling out someone for backseat moderating on a post that they submitted nearly two months ago.

Relax folks. It's been delayed from the original announcement date, but 1.1 is on the way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.