What's happening with ksp 1.1?

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:58 AM, Padishar said:

If you actually read the appropriate rule you will find the only example given is "acting as staff" which I don't think he can be accused of at all.  All he did was point out the rule breach, he didn't ask or tell him to stop it.

Then again, calling him a filthy uncivilized brute technically (and not so technically) breaks several of the other rules anyway... ;) 

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:20 AM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Technically, I was making a joke to poke fun at what I think is a silly rule.

I mean on any other forum I could see that rule working out for the best, don't want umpteen posts from "steamkiddies" whining about the next patch taking too long.

The KSP forums however are pretty mature for the most part, and the average thread posing this question is typically very innocent in nature. That said the mods rarely actually act on the rule, so I think they realize this as well.

Its called "sarcasm". Also this post is a joke please don't take offense thank you.

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/  
noun
noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
    synonyms:

derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing;

Edited by Aperture Science Employee

Yes, I realised that.  I also realised that his post was sarcasm too.  However, being sarcastic doesn't give you any special permission to break the rules... ;)

I don't actually think his post deserved any kind of moderator action (as I thought the smiley would have indicated), I was just pointing out that his second statement was breaking the rules more than the first one...

On 12/31/2015 at 9:06 AM, terryammon said:

The game for me seems to be unplayable, due to my amd setup, I believe this is a big problem for everyone with amd CPU's and GPU's.At the moment I'm running a fx 8350 OC @4.6ghz, r9 290 OC, 16gb ram OC, sad, Windows 10 etc and the game runs ok but soon as it hits a little bit of load, it just lags out fps drop, lower the settings to help improve stuff, that don't really do anything, then I'm stuck as the game fps drops get to about 7-10 fps and I haven't got passed Minmus yet.

As someone playing on an Opteron 185 @2.8 ghz and 8 gb ECC ram with a Nvidia 750 ti, I can say that doesn't happen. But Windows 10 is the worst pile of garbage since Windows 1.0, and I haven't installed it (my friend has, and uninstalled it ~5m later) so that's your problem most likely. I get ~40 fps all the way, unless I'm using my ~1000 part messes to dock.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 2:06 PM, terryammon said:

So does anyone else know anything or found a fix for amd that I've missed? (Amd mode) doesn't seem to do anything for btw lol.

One thing that has helped a number of people with AMD CPUs is to make sure that the "AMD compatibility mode" is turned *OFF*.  While this option is meant to improve something for AMD CPUs, a number of people have reported that it slows their game down very badly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hyee , just like everyone else im really looking forwar to the 1.1 update. but i think that until it hapens i could help some people having isues.

I am the owner of a system based on AMD parts
system specs :
amd fx 6300 hexa core not overclocked (yet)
Msi R9 380 Gaming 4GB version
16 gb ram etc and a windows 10 OS
ive been in the same situation as you sir. KSP ran better on my crappy laptop than on my pc so a few months a go i did a lot of research and tried a lot to fix it and now im running a 64 bit ksp modded to heaven with the best visual mods and it runs better than ever since 1.0.5
now how did i achieve it ?

ofcourse the 64 bit community workaround
but also the radeon control centre is very important, sometimes the standard windows 10 updater doesnt update ur GPU driver like its supposed to so the best is to do it via the radeon control centre but over there you have to manually do it it ll give u pop up once there is a new driver available but it doesnt mean it ll install it automatically since i started installing these driver updates via the radeon centre the performances of my pc have only got better in multiple games not only KSP

64 bit ksp is the way to go at the moment it takes some time to figure out and such but the nice guys on the community workaround forum thread ll surely help you.

btw. English is my 3d languageand im to lazy to control my spelling.
hope this helps for some people

42 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

Has anyone ever wondered who holds the Trademark on this kind of Soon? They must make a truckload of money from all of the licensing fees.

They haven't actually gotten around to suing anybody yet. I hear they're looking into it.

:)

...soon.

:cool:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

7 minutes ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

I NEED THE NEW VERSION. Hurry up squad,please.I read the wiki yesterday,and i saw stock Multiplayer is coming .TRUE?

There certainly hasn't been any mention of it in any dev notes and this release is mainly for the upgrade to Unity 5 so, while it is true that some work on multiplayer has been done, I will eat a recovered Falcon 9 engine if it gets included in 1.1... ;)

This thread made me think back on all those times a promising game/movie/car/other gadget was treated the precise opposite way--rushed out the door to get it on market in time for the Christmas rush or spring movie season or Passover or whatever.

Some people are never happy..... :o

Better that KSP 1.1. NOT get released too soon, and NOT turn out to be loaded with so many bugs it makes your PC explode and sets your house on fire.

5 hours ago, GeneralVeers said:

Better that KSP 1.1. NOT get released too soon, and NOT turn out to be loaded with so many bugs it makes your PC explode and sets your house on fire.

I'd like to see the bug report on that one.

Expected behavior: house remains intact.

Observed behavior: house is on fire.

Priority: Medium

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

There are a lot off new parts coming i wish i had bought ksp on Steam.

Actually there aren't. Landing gear (wheels not legs) have been revised and extended with one new in-between size. And the inline Mk 2 cockpit was overhauled. And that... is pretty much it, I think. Can't recall any other new parts.

Oh, and unity 5 did something to the way the lighting of the parts in the catalog works, so they all look very dull and unatractive now (not in-game, but in the VAB/SPH part catalog)

2 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Actually there aren't. Landing gear (wheels not legs) have been revised and extended with one new in-between size. And the inline Mk 2 cockpit was overhauled. And that... is pretty much it, I think. Can't recall any other new parts.

Oh, and unity 5 did something to the way the lighting of the parts in the catalog works, so they all look very dull and unatractive now (not in-game, but in the VAB/SPH part catalog)

Yes i now about the lighting but there aren't only new wheels. There is a new golden probe core and some solar panels oh and don't forget the antenna.

3 hours ago, Kerbart said:

You forgot the inflatable heat shield. But for the most part, yes, you're right, not many new parts. Most of the parts that were supposed to be in 1.1 got put in 1.0.5 when Squad realized that the parts were ready but the rest of 1.1 was not. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.