Kerbal Space Repository Installer

Victor

An application for automatic installation of different KSP addons and modifications.

4e39a877e4b21_screenshot_ksri.png

Features in version beta

• [li]One-click installation of mods[/li]
    [li]Removing addons[/li]

Current downsides:

• [li]Only handles zip-files[/li]
    [li]The progress of addon installation isn't viewable, planning to change that soon[/li]
    [li]Doesn't backup files[/li]

Planned features:

• [li]Preview images[/li]
    [li]More use of the progress bar[/li]
    [li]Every user can update their own addon via a webinterface[/li]

I would like some people to try it out and tell me what you think. Please tell me of different bugs you encounter.

Download: http://www.kerbalspacerepository.com/ksri/kerbal_space_repository_installer_v01.zip

One other downside is that it does not back up files it might overwrite. So if a texture pack installs just texture files over existing parts, you will need to reinstall said parts if you remove the texture pack and this program will just delete everything.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

One other downside is that it does not back up files it might overwrite. So if a texture pack installs just texture files over existing parts, you will need to reinstall said parts if you remove the texture pack and this program will just delete everything.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

That's right, I'm adding that to the downside list.

But, the application is for addons, not texture packs but maybe it will be supported in the future.

I just used texture packs as an example. Any mod that overwrites an existing part, be it a texture, a model, or a config file edit, will not be backed up.

I'm not trying to dis your program Vic, just pointing out a pitfall.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

Yeah, the first post said the same thing. I understand it and you don't need to point out that twice :)

If you are overwriting, just quickly backup the original folder. Shouldn't require much code if its a .net application.

It isn't that easy. If I backup the entire folder, all other changes will be lost if you restore to the backup. If I backup single folders in the parts-directory, I also need to make the program able to have an eye on every change. Don't know if I can o that.

You should check out how GME does it. I've never had an issue installing or uninstalling a mod, regardless of what's changed.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

GME doesn't work the same way KSRI work really. GME is addon management, KRSI is a repository software with automatic installation from a list of addons. But the addon management in GME is interested...

That's what I was saying, look at how GME handles backups. I realize it doesn't pull from an online source and is more for managing local copies of mods.

The best thing would be something like GME that pulls from the repository. Now that's something I'd give a try.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

If you wanted to get fancy, you could create a local repository of installed parts and old backup parts. Use a zip file and an xml. Then they could change back and forth whenever they wanted. I'm not familiar with the ionic zip dll but it probably has a way to get the list of files in the zip. The XML would act as a database to tell your app what is installed and backed up and how to match things with what folder/files in the zip.

<installed>

<part_name1/>

<metadata_for_part/>

<location>path</location>

<replacement_for>backedup_part_name</replacement_for>

</installed>

<backup>

<part_name1/>

<metadata_for_part/>

<zipfolder_name>path</zipfolder_name>

<replaced_by>part_name</replaced_by>

</backup>

I keep a separate archive folders for all stock parts and for all add-ons. the main parts folder has copies of them all so I can dump the parts folder at anytime and rebuild.

Actually I have 3 KSP folders going, one with only stock parts, one with addons, and one with CFG edits I've made. Each has a separate archive for addons.

Okay, maybe I'm just retarded, but my addons aren't showing up. I've tried it zipped, unzipped, etc etc. What am I missing? Seems like copying them manually into the Parts folder might be easier for me..

Okay, maybe I'm just retarded, but my addons aren't showing up. I've tried it zipped, unzipped, etc etc. What am I missing? Seems like copying them manually into the Parts folder might be easier for me..

Download KSRI, unzip the archive, start the program, pick your KSP-installation folder, select addon on the left, click install addon in bottom right corner.

Done :D

That's the thing, though. My addons aren't showing up on the left.

Your addons? The list fetch a file on my server and tells what addons there is listed there. Adding your own parts isn't properly installed yet.

Sorry, I should've been clearer. By 'my addons', I meant addon .zip's that I've downloaded/unzipped.

This program uses a source from the internet to automatically download and install the addons. Installing external addons that you download by yourself isn't a feature.

New version!

The new version displays images and uses the list generated from Kerbal Space Repository Manager Zone. Some lame bugs were also killed.

Download: http://beta.kerbalspacerepository.com/KSRI.zip

Works very well Victor. Nice work :) I do have one problem when fetching the asdf (I am assuming a dummy file of some sort) I am getting a error on Windows XP 32 bit sp3 with .net 4 installed. Also being able to hold down Shift and select all of them for downloading instead of downloading one at a time would be a nice feature also

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Net.WebException: Could not find file 'E:\kerbalinstaller\asdg'. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find file 'E:\kerbalinstaller\asdg'. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\kerbalinstaller\asdg'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)

at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)

at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)

at Kerbal_Space_Repository.Form1.buttonInstall_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///E:/kerbalinstaller/Kerbal%20Space%20Repository%20Installer.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

Ionic.Zip

Assembly Version: 1.9.1.5

Win32 Version: 1.9.1.5

CodeBase: file:///E:/kerbalinstaller/Ionic.Zip.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging='true' />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Works very well Victor. Nice work :) I do have one problem when fetching the asdf (I am assuming a dummy file of some sort) I am getting a error on Windows XP 32 bit sp3 with .net 4 installed. Also being able to hold down Shift and select all of them for downloading instead of downloading one at a time would be a nice feature also

[...]

It's because asdf isn't a zip file. I'm gonna remove it ASAP.

Addons should be added soon, I'm just gonna go past the hospital and x-ray my neck a quickie.

It's because asdf isn't a zip file. I'm gonna remove it ASAP.

Addons should be added soon, I'm just gonna go past the hospital and x-ray my neck a quickie.

Sounds good Victor,hope they fix your neck. A couple of adult cold beverages might do the trick ;P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.