[1.0.5] Controllable Mastcam for Rovers

Wiibsyy

Here is a fully working Mastcam for rovers.
To activate/deactivate the camera just right click it or you can set up action groups.
Once activated the camera will switch to the perspective of the Mastcam, use the arrow keys to rotate the view.
You can change the sensitivity in the CFG.

Images

DOWNLOAD
Coming soon to CKAN

Source Code
All Rights Reserved

Created with the help of JoePatrick1, creator of Mk2 Essentials, KerBalloons and Greenscreen Mod.

Edited by Wiibsyy

On 01/01/2016 at 6:38 PM, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Looking good. Might have to add this to my official gameplays.

Must ask, are you planning on adding more stuff? Because I kind of hope that you won't add too much. I think one really good part trumps many parts. 

He is planning on making a few other mods with my help, though not necessarily in the same pack.

9 hours ago, Fl0oo said:

Awesome, now I don't have to create a camera from stock parts on my rover!

I didn't test this yet ... Can you make science with this?

A little science doesn't hurt!  :)

They don't currently work as science parts, just a camera. Some sort of science experiment may be built into it in the future though.

8 hours ago, prorokbmx said:

Does it have 1st person camera ?

Yes, check the original post for a video

7 hours ago, WuphonsReach said:

May we please see a few more pictures showing the view after you right-click and turn on the camera?  Are there zoom features? On-screen controls for panning?

Same again, check original post for video. 

Zoom etc. not currently integrated but possibly in the future

6 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

They posted a video on reddit, should be in the OP soon?

Just added it

• 3 years later...
24 minutes ago, edwin.robert said:

Hello, I just installed this mod bur every time KSP loads up it crashes when it loads the mastcam. I really wanted to use this for my rover but I can't. 

This mod hasn't been updated in 3 years. I'm not surprised it's giving you problems if you're running a recent release of KSP. You might want to check this thread about the information you need to provide to help troubleshoot your situation.

As an alternative to this mod, you can try Tarsier Space Technology.  It has a rover camera that is working just fine.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:32 PM, Tonka Crash said:

This mod hasn't been updated in 3 years. I'm not surprised it's giving you problems if you're running a recent release of KSP. You might want to check this thread about the information you need to provide to help troubleshoot your situation.

As an alternative to this mod, you can try Tarsier Space Technology.  It has a rover camera that is working just fine.

Thank you, This helped me a lot! Its better than the mastcam here!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.