[STOCK] Saturn V Replica

On 2/13/2016 at 4:04 PM, Wragie said:

I did try it again after posting the question and did get distracted by something (bright shiny objects, string etc) and it did load. So that was nice to see. It definitely slows down the frame rate lol. I was down to 12.5fps at one point just after liftoff.  What was funny was each time just before meco on each stage I was sitting looking at the empty fuel bars wondering where it was coming from lol.I did manage to get it into a pretty good orbit with enough fuel for either minmus or the mun left in S3. Now to see how the various leftover bit works lol.

Thanks again.

12.5 fps is a lot of fps for a 1000 part craft.

I think NASA wants their computer back.

On 2016-02-21 at 7:45 AM, Majorjim said:

What kind of CPU does that have?

It has four Zeon E5 3.2ghz 8 cores each. 128gb ram and a pair of W9000 video cards (6gb vram) cross bridged. In theory this is so I can work... you know solitaire er I mean solidworks etc but it seems to be more for KSP lately.  If that were setup using game oriented graphic cards instead of workstation, same with ram, the speeds would be a fair bit faster as well. Workstation stuff ie the cpus, ram, video, is optimized for accuracy or reliability not speed.

And yes I am very much wanting to use the 64 version of KSP if it ever comes out. I still get issues with running out of resources in the game. I just put down my orbital station today as it evidently got infected by the Kraken big time. If you imagine a T shape and the ends of the cross are whipping across and actually touching the other side! Not sure what was cause but I had use those connection port thingys (teknical turm) to give myself some required access in the middle and they might have been flexing too much. Oh well good excuse to build a new one. And if nothing else I finally found out where Jeb has been hiding lol.

Dave

Just now, Wragie said:

It has four Zeon E5 3.2ghz 8 cores each. 128gb ram and a pair of W9000 video cards (6gb vram) cross bridged. In theory this is so I can work... you know solitaire er I mean solidworks etc but it seems to be more for KSP lately.  If that were setup using game oriented graphic cards instead of workstation, same with ram, the speeds would be a fair bit faster as well. Workstation stuff ie the cpus, ram, video, is optimized for accuracy or reliability not speed.

And yes I am very much wanting to use the 64 version of KSP if it ever comes out. I still get issues with running out of resources in the game. I just put down my orbital station today as it evidently got infected by the Kraken big time. If you imagine a T shape and the ends of the cross are whipping across and actually touching the other side! Not sure what was cause but I had use those connection port thingys (teknical turm) to give myself some required access in the middle and they might have been flexing too much. Oh well good excuse to build a new one. And if nothing else I finally found out where Jeb has been hiding lol.

Dave

Damn.. That is a $4000 GPU! That is a monster! If a game was made that could use all that power it would be glorious in the extreme!

On 22/02/2016 at 2:03 PM, Wragie said:

Dave

Put a linux partition on it and run 64bit natively

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.