North Sentinel Island: The Last Uncontacted Tribe on Earth

kmMango

7 hours ago, ChrisSpace said:

I say we leave them alone for a really long time and see what happens.

They have been contacted, in a universally understood sign language (after a couple of drunks wandered onto thier shore and they tried to retrieve the body) they essentially told us to screw off. Video is not suitable for posting according to forum rules, the shame of censorship.

You folks consider that first contact would be an vocalization or writing jesture, give thought to the fact it might be a highly profane body jesture basically telling you to go away. 

Could you give us a clue as for what to search to find this video?

EDIT: never mind seems to be a pretty popular video, second one I found just searching for sentinelese.

Edited by dharak1

Well. At least there is a point of contact. Something both sides understand. Now try to imagine meeting a tribe of intelligent insects, or squids or plantmossfungusamoeba things - beings that are intelligent, but we have nothing common with them. Sure, if we'd met a moderately advanced civilisation we could try math or chemistry - something that is (should be) constant across the universe. But if they're not? Disaster waiting to happen.

3 hours ago, PB666 said:

They have been contacted, in a universally understood sign language (after a couple of drunks wandered onto thier shore and they tried to retrieve the body) they essentially told us to screw off. Video is not suitable for posting according to forum rules, the shame of censorship.

You folks consider that first contact would be an vocalization or writing jesture, give thought to the fact it might be a highly profane body jesture basically telling you to go away. 

I think I know what you're referring to. Most hilarious first contact ever.:D

1 hour ago, kmMango said:

I think I know what you're referring to. Most hilarious first contact ever.:D

Somewhere out there, there's a relevant XKCD. Gonna look for it now. :D

EDIT: Next best thing.

EDIT2: Can't post picture for some reason, the link to it is: https://daveknickerbocker.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/far-side-roy-dooms-humanity.jpg

Edited by Findthepin1
next best thing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.