(Urgent)Blender Jet Engine Nozzle Animation

Porkjet told me I need to have bones and he said that the animation for the panther is scaled, although i noticed certain parts of the panther (the nozzle opening and closing) do not change area (faces).

I figured he scaled them along the normals in blender, problem is, I can't get my head around that in bones! :c

Here's picture to show what I need:

nunLFbt.png

myaKUFh.png

Q7GWoQP.png

Please help if you can.

Edited by strykersm

Try using two bones aligned and controlling with both the front and back faces, that would let you control the mesh the way you want. (there's no way to scale it by normals or by the Alt-S method in unity. It's just vanilla scale over in Unity.)

Just two other things; that mesh is pretty messy, and is pulling faces over the gaps. By pulling the mesh so far, there will be a lot of texture stretching on the end.

1 hour ago, Ven said:

Try using two bones aligned and controlling with both the front and back faces, that would let you control the mesh the way you want. (there's no way to scale it by normals or by the Alt-S method in unity. It's just vanilla scale over in Unity.)

Just two other things; that mesh is pretty messy, and is pulling faces over the gaps. By pulling the mesh so far, there will be a lot of texture stretching on the end.

Hmm, could you provide pictures? :) PS: The mesh is an example i made in 2 minutes xd

I've been testing it out in blender and unity and I still can't get it to look like the Panther engine :(

Edited by strykersm

This kind of vertex animation should be solved with blendspaces. Apparently you need a bone for Unity to root the animation to it. I gotta run now so I can't elaborate, but there's been some discussion about it around here (search for blend space or blendspace).

10 hours ago, necKros said:

This kind of vertex animation should be solved with blendspaces. Apparently you need a bone for Unity to root the animation to it. I gotta run now so I can't elaborate, but there's been some discussion about it around here (search for blend space or blendspace).

I already searched that for Unity but everything I find is outdated :\

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.