Game has forgotten which way is UP

That pretty much sums it UP.

When sitting on the launch pad, with any rocket of any kind, including those that worked perfectly before.

Instead of the compass showing me pointing straight up, it shows me canted off 30 degrees east,  this error of course translates into all aspects of launch/flight making the game unplayable.

I played the game a week ago, no issues,  go to play it now and there is this. 

Updated all mods with CKAN, no change.

Any ideas?  other than the typical "reinstall the entire game for the 50th time"

Start with your rocket.  The simplest cause of this is a command pod or probe that is placed at that angle.  The game isn't sure which one it should be using.  The easy fix is to right click the primary command pod and choose 'control from here'.

To the last 2 replies:

When sitting on the launch pad, with any rocket of any kind, including those that worked perfectly before.

I said that in my original post for a reason.

I ended up just uninstalling it completely,  that usually ends up being the only viable fix anyway.  

I think im gonna let it rest until 1.1 comes out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.