linuxgurugamer

New release:

http://spacedock.info/mod/52/Contract%20Pack:%20Rover%20Missions

License:  CC-BY_NA-4.0

Source included in file

Please note that this REQUIRES Contract Configurator 1.9.2.1 to work properly

Waypoint Manager is HIGHLY recommended.

# RoverContracts

This mod was originally released by whyren.

He hasn't been doing anything with it, and I wanted to expand it.

The following is his original text:

Here is an Opportunity to seize the Spirit of rovers! Have I piqued your 
    Curiosity? YuTu can send manned and unmanned rovers across the system and 
    run them for years beyond their intended life span until the wheels crumble!

This contract pack offers two new missions: 
    1. Rover Deployment: encourages you to send rovers to planets/moons where 
       you don't have them. 
    2. Rover Expedition: Detects a location near your rover and requests whatever 
       scientific experiments the rover is equipped with be completed at that 
       location. The more capable the rover, the greater the returns. Take the 
       mission as often as you want and enjoy the challenge and immersion of 
       navigating and studying alien terrain!

See it in action! http://imgur.com/a/3CFnK

Requires Contract Configurator 1.5.3 or newer. 
    Waypoint Manager is HIGHLY recommended.

THANK YOU, nightingale, for your tireless work and patient help.

The Rover Expedition has now been expanded with up to 5 waypoints which you have i
to visit.  And you don't know where they are until you are on the mission.

There will soon be more science as well.  As I get more science experiments listed,
I'll release new versions
=========================================================================

Donations are gratefully accepted.  I use Patreon since Paypal seems to take a much higher percentage:

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Nice, you did go ahead and do this! I've been enjoying the previous version of this mod, and now downloaded your update to switch to immediately! Thanks!

One request, I play a slow game (after dozens of missions, such as historic and aircraft, I have only just flown by the mun) and it's a bit strange/annoying to have Rover Missions constantly propose a new Rover Deployment to Eve and other planets when I haven't even had a Mun fly-by yet. Could you enhance this be adding some progression to the Rover Deployment mission? The mission itself is fine but I would prefer that it first request a deployment of a Rover on Kerbin. Next Mun. Next Duna. THEN it could go into a "deploy anywhere random mode" that it does now. Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Black-Talon said:

Nice, you did go ahead and do this! I've been enjoying the previous version of this mod, and now downloaded your update to switch to immediately! Thanks!

One request, I play a slow game (after dozens of missions, such as historic and aircraft, I have only just flown by the mun) and it's a bit strange/annoying to have Rover Missions constantly propose a new Rover Deployment to Eve and other planets when I haven't even had a Mun fly-by yet. Could you enhance this be adding some progression to the Rover Deployment mission? The mission itself is fine but I would prefer that it first request a deployment of a Rover on Kerbin. Next Mun. Next Duna. THEN it could go into a "deploy anywhere random mode" that it does now. Thoughts?

I'm not sure about Kerbin, but I'll certainly look into your suggestion.

Thanks

@linuxgurugamer Your timing sux!...lol

Is THIS why you snuck "Rover Contracts" into your SpaceTux contracts??... I was wondering why that was in the thread title, but not listed in the OP anywhere....

I just organized & updated my mod spreadsheet, and downloaded all the most recent versions of all the CC packs, only like, two hours before you OP'd this... :rolleyes:
Spent about 1/2hr on JUST figuring out CC Packs alone! :P

Now THATs out of the way: THANX for grabbing this and keeping it going... :thumbsup:

Edited by Stone Blue

7 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@linuxgurugamer Your timing sux!...lol

Is THIS why you snuck "Rover Contracts" into your SpaceTux contracts??... I was wondering why that was in the thread title, but not listed in the OP anywhere....

I just organized & updated my mod spreadsheet, and downloaded all the most recent versions of all the CC packs, only like, two hours before you OP'd this... :rolleyes:
Spent about 1/2hr on JUST figuring out CC Packs alone! :P

Now THATs out of the way: THANX for grabbing this and keeping it going... :thumbsup:

I use Spacetux for all my contracts.  A little bit of vanity, I suppose.

Glad you like them.

Your best bet would be to ask on the CKAN thread. I have special powers, but I'm busy enough elsewhere that I don't tend to do very much CKAN stuff at all, unless it's an issue that directly affects one of my mods (or someone needs help ASAP and no one else with permissions is available). If you don't here back there, that would probably be the case here too. :)

On 1/3/2016 at 4:28 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm not sure about Kerbin, but I'll certainly look into your suggestion.

Thanks

Thanks for the consideration. FWIW, I've been driving around on Kerbin with your new waypoint contracts and it is good fun (and much better than before!). It could be turned into a "test your rover here at home" mission if you wanted.

My original issue is likely created by having wheels available early in my custom tech tree...I just wish these contracts weren't suggesting I deploy rovers prior to Mun fly by. Especially when it's taking up valued contract slots! ;-) But my own fault for using a tech tree with a vehicle available prior to mun landing. I still think some progression would help.

Thanks for the fun little mission!

PS - I saw in the latest update that you added a dummy .dll - I haven't tried it myself but this can be done with a dummy ModuleManager config that uses a :FOR[RoverRedux] or something similar and would be less...dummy.dll? Dunno, just a thought.

The dummy dll was added in anticipation of an update to this pack.  See the comment above yours, I'm working on implementing that so that the missions will make more sense.  Once I get this updated, I'll be implementing the same sort of checks in the UnmannedMissions to avoid what you are running into.  I hope to release the RoverMissionRedux update this weekend, Unmanned Missions will probably be next week.  This update also needs an update of ContractConfigurator which isn't yet released, he told me it will probably be released this weekend as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2016 at 2:30 PM, WildBillKerbin said:

I have a contract I can't seem to complete.

I've made it through each waypoint and they all show complete, but I now see a requrement for "Vessel: Any" that is incomplete.

What gives?

are you still around?  Is this still an issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Might I suggest, in RoverDeploy instead of using:

REQUIREMENT
	{
		name = PartModuleTypeUnlocked
		type = PartModuleTypeUnlocked
		partModuleType = Wheel
	}

You use:

REQUIREMENT
{
    name = PartModuleUnlocked
    type = PartModuleUnlocked
	partModule = ModuleWheel
}

The reason being, that the first includes landing gears (which is aggravating, as they don't provide their own power) - the second only uses Rover Wheels.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2016 at 11:30 AM, WildBillKerbin said:

I have a contract I can't seem to complete.

I've made it through each waypoint and they all show complete, but I now see a requrement for "Vessel: Any" that is incomplete.

What gives?

I have this issue, as well.  I have the correct rover the mission calls for, I get all the checkpoints, and then is says "Collect Science at 2:"  Does that mean I have to collect the specific science the contract calls for at location 2, or do I have to collect science at 2 locations?  Very confusing, and costing me 20 k every time I fail.

and continues:  Vessel: Any

I get all the way through, collect science, and that "Vessel: Any: Incomplete" remains, so my contract isn't fulfilled.

I've tried playing the game without the mod, but find I just miss it!  I look forward to the contract rewards.  Any help would be awesome.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

It did not work for me either.  I had several weird crashes that had exception pointed at nothing more than my Contract Packs folder and none of the missions would allow me to get farther than hitting checkpoints either - no science I collected would satisfy the vessel requirements either just like what was mentioned by @WildBillKerbin and @jcddmdad.  I'm sure that @linuxgurugamer will get to it as soon as he has time.

I'm aware of these reports.  Thank you.

I marked this as 1.1 compatible because it totally depends on the ContractConfigurator, and was told that when that was compatible, all contracts would be.

It would help if you could send me a persistent.sfs file which is showing the problem.  Please make sure that either the only mods are ContractConfigurator & Rover Missions, if possible.  If you have other mods, please list all of them.  Obviously, the fewer mods the better.

I'm rather busy right now with some other mods, but will definitely get to this soon.  

Thanks

LGG

I'll try and get some logs together for you but it'll be a few days before I'll have time to do much testing - this weekend is out for me.  My typical install is gigantic (160+) but I can easily swap in and out for different loads to test this out and get some info for you.  I dig this pack to much not to help as much as I can. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.