[1.1.3] Rover Missions Redux

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎02 at 1:55 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I am aware of a problem with this, but not sure yet where the problem is.  It may be in ContractConfigurator itself, I'll see if I can get some time to look into this.  Rather busy right now with all the updates.

CP seems to be updated and performing well.  Were there any issues you found on this mod's end of things?  Or do you think it's clean to go with KSP v1.1.2?

5 hours ago, MisterFister said:

CP seems to be updated and performing well.  Were there any issues you found on this mod's end of things?  Or do you think it's clean to go with KSP v1.1.2?

Sorry to say, I haven't had time to look at this.  From what Nightingale said, it should be ok, please let me know of any issues.

• 1 month later...

I just did a mission with though even though I went to the location, and did all the science, It said that it was not completed even though I went out of my way to then recover the rover to make sure, because "Vessel Any" never triggered" even though I had everything else completed, the last "vessel any" after science 1 collected for a mission on Kerbin, just didn't work.....had to use the cheat contract menu to cause it to finish

Edited by Ryusho

• 2 weeks later...

Vessel any. Not completing.  I did complete 'collect science at 4' even tho that makes no sense. Did I collect 2science or science at 2 locations, or did I collect it at 2 o'clock?? I need to understand what I did as I did none of theses things.

Collect science at 4: complete

Vessel: any : incomplete

Collect science: incomplete

Makes no sense please help

Edit: just figured it out. Science MUST have some value. I stopped at tree and did science and everything completed including vessel: any

2 hours ago, Mrtortoise23 said:

Vessel any. Not completing.  I did complete 'collect science at 4' even tho that makes no sense. Did I collect 2science or science at 2 locations, or did I collect it at 2 o'clock?? I need to understand what I did as I did none of theses things.

Collect science at 4: complete

Vessel: any : incomplete

Makes no sense please help

Edit: just figured it out. Science MUST have some value. I stopped at tree and did science and everything completed including vessel: any

Can you explain?  Was the "collect science at 4" one of the tasks, if so, then the "4" was a location.

What is "tree"?

Thanks

Can you explain?  Was the "collect science at 4" one of the tasks, if so, then the "4" was a location.

What is "tree"?

Hello. Ill try and make that a little clearer.

My mission was to drive to several locations in turn, a new destination revealed at each location. For me, this was indeed 4 locations.

i had collected some science with no value at this point. Upon reaching the 4th destination, named 'TREE' I did several experiments nothing happened. Then, after writing issue here, i did 1 more experiment at 'tree', that had some science value.

This solved:collect science at 4, and 'vessel: any'. 'vessel: any will complete when science is done.

just collect science at every destination, especially the last one! and make sure the science has some value. Keeping a 0 value experiment doesnt count.

Edited by Mrtortoise23
added relevent info while post still hidden

15 hours ago, Mrtortoise23 said:

Hello. Ill try and make that a little clearer.

My mission was to drive to several locations in turn, a new destination revealed at each location. For me, this was indeed 4 locations.

i had collected some science with no value at this point. Upon reaching the 4th destination, named 'TREE' I did several experiments nothing happened. Then, after writing issue here, i did 1 more experiment at 'tree', that had some science value.

This solved:collect science at 4, and 'vessel: any'. 'vessel: any will complete when science is done.

just collect science at every destination, especially the last one! and make sure the science has some value. Keeping a 0 value experiment doesnt count.

Ok.  Would have been nice to have the save file before you completed, would have been useful.  Also the log file.

so now I don' t know if the contract required all science experiments to be collected  (probably) or just some.  I'm pretty sure that it requires that all science experiments be completed, not just some.

2 hours ago, Mrtortoise23 said:

Ok  im gonna try and get that save state or mission back and do it again and ill save everything in steps. Hopefully i can find it. il let u know.

I like rover missions so will be great to get em fixed. Unless you already fixed it?

I'm not sure it's broken.  Remember, the collect science, probably means to collect science for ALL experiments on board.

I look forward to seeing your data

Maybe not broken, Just confusing.

DCNOqkWBJet1Ow

Ive done a save at mission start, and a save where the confusion appears. no science done.

www.files.com/shared/5785a75eef544/RovExBug.rar

If you now do 2 experiments (with value) at the last destination, it completes. hope this helps.

Edit: Erm, i have about 50 mods installed, hope u can still use the save. Also, i cant seem to make my images appear here. they are in the rar.

Edited by Mrtortoise23
image not display. explain. fix typos.

• 1 month later...

Just a thought or suggestion -- would it be possible to check the gradient of the position for rover missions? It can be a bit frustrating to get to the last marker of a mission, only to find that it's half way up a cater wall with a gradient of about 60 degrees, with no chance that you can get anywhere near it.

Thanks for the mod overall though -- it really adds a lot of enjoyment to the game.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 1/3/2016 at 10:08 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

This contract pack offers two new missions: 
    1. Rover Deployment: encourages you to send rovers to planets/moons where 
       you don't have them. 

I saw in the config file:

Spoiler

DATA
    {
        type = bool

moonsReached = @mun.HaveReached() || @minmus.HaveReached()
        dunaReached = @duna.HaveReached()
    }

DATA
    {
        type = List<CelestialBody>
        hidden = true
        requiredValue = false

// Make sure first rover is deployed to Kerbin
        easyPlanets = bool($RC_roverDeployed)  ? HomeWorld().Children() : [ @kerbin ]

// First line:  get planets depending on orbited or not
        // Second line: get planets depending on if any rovers or not
        mediumPlanets1 =  OrbitedBodies().Where(b => b.HasSurface()).ExcludeAll(@easyPlanets).Exclude(HomeWorld())
        mediumPlanets2 =  @dunaReached ? @mediumPlanets1 : @easyPlanets

------

I'm interpreting this as after I have reached Mun & Minmus, I can start to get Rover Deployment contracts on other planets, but only if I have also gotten to Duna. Is that correct? I went to Eve first and keep canceling offered contracts to Mun and Minmus over and over and cannot get one offered for Eve. I'm guessing its because I have not gone to Duna yet. Is there a simple config file change that can make it Eve or Duna? I've tried messing around with it myself, but I have little experience editing Contract config files.

Cheers,

On 7/15/2023 at 9:42 PM, Stratickus said:

I'm interpreting this as after I have reached Mun & Minmus, I can start to get Rover Deployment contracts on other planets, but only if I have also gotten to Duna. Is that correct? I went to Eve first and keep canceling offered contracts to Mun and Minmus over and over and cannot get one offered for Eve. I'm guessing its because I have not gone to Duna yet. Is there a simple config file change that can make it Eve or Duna? I've tried messing around with it myself, but I have little experience editing Contract config files.

Cheers,

Probably this:

DATA
    {
        type = bool

moonsReached = @mun.HaveReached() || @minmus.HaveReached()
        dunaReached = @duna.HaveReached() || @eve.HaveReached()
    }

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.