Universal Domination Thread

MajorLeaugeRocketScience

Welcome people of the inter-webs! Do you rule a galaxy? Have pesky rebels that try to stop you from flexing your muscles? Than does Major Leauge Industries Domination Department have the thing for you!! We have a catalog full of weapons designed to strike fear into the hearts of enemies! And all of them are scientifically legit!

Meet our weapons!

Turbo Laser

A gigantic cannon capable of destroying some planets! A really big laser. The death star. What am I doing.

Rail Gun "Thor"

Launches a very heavy object at a planet at extremely high speeds. Imagine a super dense pole about the height of the Eiffel Tower. Now imagine that impacting a planet at Mach 40. Yeah, a lot of destruction.

More soon! Add suggestions!

I'm gonna go with the "taking suggestions for superweapons" angle. :angry: <--- Evil Overlord stare

A recent development of mine, and a personal favorite, is the Matter Dis......wait......forgot--I gotta use the big font.

The Matter Disruptor Beam

How it works (yes, actual science here): as opposed to a disintegrator, which just zaps matter completely out of existence (and probably violates the laws of thermodynamics wholesale!), the Disruptor Beam neutralizes the fundamental forces that hold atomic nuclei together. Instead of disintegrating, the target is shattered at the subatomic level. The end result is functionally identical to nuclear fission: any matter contacted by the Matter Disruptor will produce a thermonuclear-scale detonation.

The weapon is equally effective against all targets, armored or not--the beam will detonate armor as easily as any other matter, then continue through the hole and detonate whatever's inside. When used against planets, the Disruptor will interact with the atmosphere as well as the surface! Imagine the look of terror on your enemies' faces as the very air itself seems to catch fire.......

Pre-order now and get a free sample of biological weapons agents!

14 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

There seems to be an absence of science in this thread. What is its purpose? 

It might not be very sciency but its definitely geeky, as per the forum description. There's no shortage of other threads in this forum that also have a complete absence of science.

18 hours ago, Scotius said:

Dude, you forgot the Demonic Laughter!!!

No, I definitely didn't.

One of the most important things about being an Evil Overlord (and this is NOT in the Evil Overlord list!) is that you must control your emotions. You see it in the movies all the time: the Evil Overlord suffers a minor setback, flies into a rage, and does something incredibly stupid which causes a chain reaction of epic fails.

So no laughing for me. I am a being of cold, calculating reason. I'm the kind of Evil Overlord who steeples his fingers and gives you that bare hint of a grin which means I've been a step ahead of you the whole time.......

Pffft, all this unnecessary destruction. Whatever was wrong with the good old

Giant Sunshade

Blot out the sun on your target planet and watch it freeze. A long slow suffering for all those so foolhardy as to oppose us. Once everyone is a popsicle, let the world thaw out then do as you please with its resources.

2 hours ago, cantab said:

Pffft, all this unnecessary destruction. Whatever was wrong with the good old

Giant Sunshade

Blot out the sun on your target planet and watch it freeze. A long slow suffering for all those so foolhardy as to oppose us. Once everyone is a popsicle, let the world thaw out then do as you please with its resources.

Wouldn't they be able to just destroy it? A Sunshade would be pretty hard to defend...

Actually, the real problem with the Sunshade is, there's no practical way to keep it in position between the planet and its Sun. The only stable point where that's possible without a HUGE amount of delta-V would be the LaGrange point between the two--but a Sunshade there would have to be nearly the size of the star to block its light from reaching the planet.

For his failure to create a usable superweapon (and we do not tolerate failure!) Cantab is demoted to Minion. :D

Edited by WedgeAntilles

23 hours ago, fredinno said:

Wouldn't they be able to just destroy it? A Sunshade would be pretty hard to defend...

Not if we first destroy their space fleet. Or they never have one. Or we put a good enough shield on the sunshade.

19 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

Actually, the real problem with the Sunshade is, there's no practical way to keep it in position between the planet and its Sun. The only stable point where that's possible without a HUGE amount of delta-V would be the LaGrange point between the two--but a Sunshade there would have to be nearly the size of the star to block its light from reaching the planet.

For his failure to create a usable superweapon (and we do not tolerate failure!) Cantab is demoted to Minion. :D

Compared to a space stations the size of a small moon causally popping planets while creating its own internal artificial gravity fields, keeping a sunshade in a desired position is trivial. Therefore I shall assume the post I quoted was disinformation spoofed by the so-called "heroes" and not a genuine message from Lord Antilles.

8 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

What about THE GREY GOO? Just put a milligram on the planet, turn it on and watch the destruction!

Just as long as we learn the lessons from the last attempt to use that.

nanobots.png

1 hour ago, cantab said:

Compared to a space stations the size of a small moon causally popping planets while creating its own internal artificial gravity fields, keeping a sunshade in a desired position is trivial. Therefore I shall assume the post I quoted was disinformation spoofed by the so-called "heroes" and not a genuine message from Lord Antilles.

Well, well......it would seem I'm out of the closet. So be it then.

If you believe the previous message by "Wedge" was sent by "heroes" (hmph!) you are mistaken. It was sent by me. The Baroness, of Cobra Command. Wedge's irresponsible avenues in weapons development represent a threat to us, and it has become necessary to......sidetrack him. Hacking his computer was the first step. (seriously, who uses the password "password" any more???)

While we appreciate your dedication, you fail to realize the true scale of what you're attempting. A sunshade positioned to block the sun cannot possibly be positioned in any kind of reasonable Earth orbit; the only possible orbit would be one year in duration and coplanar with the Earth and Sun. This coincides with the L1 LaGrange point, which is dynamically unstable. An object at this location would require constant application of delta-V (and therefore constant resupply) to stay in position, and would also have to be approximately half the Sun's radius in size--both of which are simply not feasible.

Take my advice, and stay out of our way. It is Cobra who shall rule the world......not any of you. :angry:

Edited by WedgeAntilles

• 2 weeks later...

Originally, this was going to have sciene. There was an USAF project called THOR (UN codename: "Rods From the Gods") to blow up Moscow without an explosive. But oh well. 

A new weapon I just thought of...

Transporto-Ray

Use a Trnasporter/Teleporter, because we can. Just skip that we can't do that yet...

So, you, say, transport a planet. It would go into a higher dimension for a few moments. How long, we don't know. Then, it would come out. But what if we only let a chunk come out? You could split a planet in two, and the resulting destruction would cause the planet to rip itself apart.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.