--Jax CR0-Kerbin System Ferry--

p14082003

Hi!

I wanted to show you what I did today. I made an SSTO capable of reaching orbit with a lot of Delta-V. Making use of that, I plotted a Mun mission. Here are some pictures:

Ascending into space:

hR72Mwd.png

Almost there! :

wyvRJcp.png

Yeah! :

5XNkRGD.png

Look at those numbers!! :

DNo0Le5.png

Preparing a free return manouver. This wasn't difficult at all since the mun's orbit has no inclination:

LcVHKWT.png

Sweet! :

YQhu5pX.png

See you in about 3 days! :

d72Gzw2.png

Look at those views! (taken a little further away than the original closest approach because of time warp issues) :

cvqCbnh.png

Second Atmosphere Entering (No photos of the first one because I was nervous as hell. I lost the front intake andtwo batteries on the first pass):

5toKyiL.png

Recharging the only battery left:

Vms9nnO.png

Succesful landing!!:

gzse2AN.png

Mission stats:

YYaHgkW.png

That's it!! please let me know what you think. if you so desire, I will upload the craft files. There is a crew and a cargo variant. The craft uses B9 Aerospace and Adjustable Landing Gears.

EDIT: And I made it to minmus!! 

Edited by p14082003
News

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

With 2.3 km/s of Delta-V, and with good piloting, I think you might be able to to a land/return from the Mun.

Pretty much. It was a test run. I shared it with you because I'm reply proud

It's tricky designing sstos that can go to the Mun. Especially when 1.0.x hit, everything changed. I didn't think going beyond tje Kerbin system would be possible, but people yet again continue to surprise me. I myself can only design something capable of a flyby. I am trying to figure out how to actually land something as an SSTO on the Mun. it's not easy to design, and it took me a long time to relearn everything. Good job!

6 hours ago, I_Killed_Jeb said:

No offense but there's a separate forum for this.

Could you move it then? I wasnt shure to post it here or at the aircarft excange

4 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Good work. :)

Also, moved to Mission Reports. 

Thanks

I guess I just went for it and overkilled the amount Of delta-v. I rarely use more than 2 jet engines but it wouldn't take off with 2. Also, it carries 1/3 of the tanks are oxidizer.

I guess it's far more easy and fuel-cheap to land on minmus than the mun. I will try it when I get home, almost 7 hs from now. 

And also, thanks for all the good replyings!! 

6 hours ago, Der Anfang said:

It's tricky designing sstos that can go to the Mun. Especially when 1.0.x hit, everything changed. I didn't think going beyond tje Kerbin system would be possible, but people yet again continue to surprise me. I myself can only design something capable of a flyby. I am trying to figure out how to actually land something as an SSTO on the Mun. it's not easy to design, and it took me a long time to relearn everything. Good job!

I guess it is. I only get 220~ oxidizer left after getting into orbit.

7 hours ago, Tourist said:

Nice one!!

I've been trying to develop a Spaceplane that can take crew to and from my Minmus refinery without much luck. Your success has encouraged to me to persevere. 

Thanks for sharing!

Wow! If you make it, be sure to send me a message!

On 4/1/2016 at 1:02 AM, Tourist said:

Nice one!!

I've been trying to develop a Spaceplane that can take crew to and from my Minmus refinery without much luck. Your success has encouraged to me to persevere. 

Thanks for sharing!

And you can! Tested by me ;) (A very bad pilot) I got 1000 Delta-V left upon landing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.