Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

5 hours ago, inigma said:

I think I came across this bug finally. If you have SpawnKerbal passengers in Command Seats with TakeCommand installed and an active passenger contract, and you then go to Space Center to fail the contract via another vessel crashing (fixed in GAP 1.1 btw where other vessels could inadvertently fail your contract), or simply cancel the contract (which will still be possible in GAP 1.1), the Kerbals in the seats are removed by Contract Configurator, but not from the Command Seats cleanly - for when you load the craft, the ghosted kerbals are showing up as unknown, and when you recover the vessel the error comes back as:

vessel TourBus was not loaded because it had invalid parts missing: unknownPart

The missing Kerbals are the unknownPart. I suspect this is due to Contract Configurator not cleanly cleaning up Kerbals left in Command Seats. @nightingale have any immediate thoughts? I think Take Command does something specific with Kerbals in seats, that when CC goes to clean up SpawnKerbals after a contract failure or cancellation, it's leaving Kerbal residue which the game can't recognize as valid Kerbals. I think when you coded for removal of contract Kerbals that you only tested stock. I think testing it with Kerbals in Command Seats with TakeCommand installed would be what is required to duplicate this issue.

raised: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/162

Yay! :cool:

Thought I was going nuts trying to track this one down. Confirmed with a cleaned up test build. It is still a little bit tricky to generate but Car Kraken is in there. Although it is a pesky little bug. I am happy this is has been confirmed and root cause is being investigated.

I am finding this because there is a science little reward through KISE for gathering seismic data during a rocket impact. So I may be doing something that other users are not  Most common way the Car Kraken pops up for me is to send Kerbals out in rover without a specific contract. Switch VAB and crash a rocket. Whilst other contracts are running in background. Here the kerbals in the rover get removed leading to missing: unknownPart

I have tried to duplicate using a mk1 command pod and all is well. I have tried with starting off in command pod and manually moving to command seat and that is good. Also using take command but having no contracts is also good. 

I believe it is therefore related to the interaction of CC and Take Command. Although I can't clearly provide the the exact circumstances when Car Kraken is trigged.  

EDIT: I propose we remove kerbals by name if that is possible. So if it necessary to clean them up after contract failure. Any Kerbals not specifically mentioned in the contract are left in command seats. @nightingale is such a thing even possible?

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

I tryed to reproduce the previosly mentioned bug, but couldn't do it.

However the following are things I noticed wich could have something to do with it:

- I have other contract packs like tourism plus installed wich also ask to put some kerbals in my vessel if I have a free seat.

- I managed to break "take command" If I crash a vessel with 7 occupied seats often enough and revert the flight, the kerbals in the seats won't load, but the game tells me they're on board.

- When I reach the two shipwrecked kerbals and then revert my flight/load a quicksave because I didn't manage to land on water, sometimes I'm able to select the two on map screen wich technically would enable me to recover them without ever reaching them.

I didn't manage to reproduce it no matter how hard I tried. So I guess its not a big problem. Anyway if I encounter something like that again what would help the most? Is there a special log, would a screenshot help? A savegame?

I really like this contract pack since its exactly what I wanted the whole time but didn't had the time/skills to do it so want to help.

4 hours ago, maculator said:

I tryed to reproduce the previosly mentioned bug, but couldn't do it.

However the following are things I noticed wich could have something to do with it:

- I have other contract packs like tourism plus installed wich also ask to put some kerbals in my vessel if I have a free seat.

- I managed to break "take command" If I crash a vessel with 7 occupied seats often enough and revert the flight, the kerbals in the seats won't load, but the game tells me they're on board.

- When I reach the two shipwrecked kerbals and then revert my flight/load a quicksave because I didn't manage to land on water, sometimes I'm able to select the two on map screen wich technically would enable me to recover them without ever reaching them.

I didn't manage to reproduce it no matter how hard I tried. So I guess its not a big problem. Anyway if I encounter something like that again what would help the most? Is there a special log, would a screenshot help? A savegame?

I really like this contract pack since its exactly what I wanted the whole time but didn't had the time/skills to do it so want to help.

If you reproduce it, I need craft file, savefile, and instructions from you in how to duplicate it. 

I'm glad you like the pack! I wanted to help you with KAB, but the vision I had was slightly larger, hence GAP. You are welcome to contribute pull requests on GitHub as this project is open to the public. If you want to update the flag logo, feel free to submit a pull request for that too. I consider you part of this project. :)

So I got a huge problem!

I'll try to be as precise as I can:

Problem: The tourbus contract can't be completed.

Situation:

Spoiler

I'm right at the astronaut complex (the waypoint is hovering 1.5m above my head) and I got them all loaded, but it doesn't recognice this state (when I continue my tour the next checkpoints wont activate)NJ75WYI.png

How to reproduce: Just start a fresh game do the first contract, then this one and quicksave/load bevore you get to the astronaut complex.

My installed mods:

Spoiler

{
	"kind": "metapackage",
	"abstract": "A list of modules installed on the default KSP instance",
	"name": "installed-default",
	"license": "unknown",
	"version": "2016.01.27.04.50.18",
	"identifier": "installed-default",
	"spec_version": "v1.6",
	"depends": [
		{
			"name": "KerbalAlarmClock",
			"version": "v3.5.0.0"
		},
		{
			"name": "MechJeb2",
			"version": "2.5.5.0"
		},
		{
			"name": "xScience",
			"version": "4.12"
		},
		{
			"name": "PortraitStats",
			"version": "7.0"
		},
		{
			"name": "WaypointManager",
			"version": "2.4.4"
		},
		{
			"name": "ContractConfigurator",
			"version": "1.9.4.1"
		},
		{
			"name": "ContractConfigurator-AdvancedProgression",
			"version": "4.5.1"
		},
		{
			"name": "ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation",
			"version": "1:3.1"
		},
		{
			"name": "ModuleManager",
			"version": "2.6.18"
		},
		{
			"name": "GAP",
			"version": "1.1"
		},
		{
			"name": "TakeCommand",
			"version": "1.3"
		},
		{
			"name": "KAS",
			"version": "0.5.5"
		},
		{
			"name": "KIS",
			"version": "1.2.3"
		},
		{
			"name": "ContractConfigurator-Tourism",
			"version": "1.3.0"
		},
		{
			"name": "ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch",
			"version": "1.1.5"
		},
		{
			"name": "KerbalJointReinforcement",
			"version": "v3.1.4"
		},
		{
			"name": "RCSBuildAid",
			"version": "0.7.6"
		},
		{
			"name": "FMRS",
			"version": "v1.0.1"
		},
		{
			"name": "AlternateResourcePanel",
			"version": "2.7.4.0"
		}
	]
}

22 minutes ago, maculator said:

So I got a huge problem!

Situation:

Hide contents

I'm right at the astronaut complex (the waypoint is hovering 1.5m above my head) and I got them all loaded, but it doesn't recognice this state (when I continue my tour the next checkpoints wont activate)NJ75WYI.png

How to reproduce: Just start a fresh game do the first contract, then this one and quicksave/load bevore you get to the astronaut complex.

My installed mods:

Reveal hidden contents

{
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		}
	]
}

It should be working. I can't test anything until tonight.

Here is what the code looks like:

PARAMETER
        {
            name = VesselParameterGroup
            type = VesselParameterGroup
            title = go to the Astronaut Complex

vessel = @/craft

PARAMETER
            {
                name = VisitWaypoint
                type = VisitWaypoint
                index = 0

distance = 10
                hideOnCompletion = true

}

completeInSequence = true
            disableOnStateChange = true
            hideChildren = true

}

The index 0 is right on the Astronaut Complex waypoint, and the distance is 10m near it to complete it.  It completed in my test.  Not sure why it wouldn't trip. Try cancelling the contract and reloading KSP, make sure you have a fresh GAP 1.1 and fresh Contract Configurator install.

This may be an issue with hideOnCompletion, where the waypoint is supposed to hide after reaching the state but I'm not sure. Let me know if you can duplicate it after trying the above.  If it doesn't work, edit the KSP-TourBus.cfg to change the distance = 10 to distance = 100 to give you a 100m completion bubble.

Edited by inigma

So quicksaving isn't the problem. I'm standing right under the waypoint and load the guys, but the waypoint doesn't get checked even if I set it to 100. So I'll give up on this one because I finally wanna play this pack and see what it has to offer. playing > fixing stuff

Just now, maculator said:

So quicksaving isn't the problem. I'm standing right under the waypoint and load the guys, but the waypoint doesn't get checked even if I set it to 100. So I'll give up on this one because I finally wanna play this pack and see what it has to offer. playing > fixing stuff

No worries. The TourBus contract is a dead end contract anyways as it doesn't currently unlock anything if you complete it. I'll test it vigorously tonight to see if I can duplicate.

So a few things I noticed and wanted to report:

-The island tour hase some pretty strict limits for the waypoints, it seemed to me like there is no way other then flying straight through them.

-the 100m/s speed record is impossible since the "not more then 10m/s vertically" doesnt work. I was flying nearly leveld, but it didn't work.

-And the last thing is a compatibility problem see for yourself:

Spoiler

Could you please make the shed anything but a rover or base????

9efGMJI.png

8 minutes ago, maculator said:

-The island tour hase some pretty strict limits for the waypoints, it seemed to me like there is no way other then flying straight through them.

-the 100m/s speed record is impossible since the "not more then 10m/s vertically" doesnt work. I was flying nearly leveld, but it didn't work.

Hide contents

9efGMJI.png

haha now thats funny. u must have had an active barnstorming contract accepted or something. The tool shed should be goners after contract success or failure. not sure how the game picked up on its existent and generated a random contract for it. That contract is obviously not part of GAP.  I'll look at making it something other than a rover or base.

The island tour limits are strict, but again, not that strict if you're flying slow enough to trip them.

I'll look at the 100m/s when I get home.

@maculator for the 100 m/s  contract did you hold less than 10 m/s vertical, but above 100 m/s speed, for 5 seconds?

Edited by inigma

7 minutes ago, maculator said:

Hide contents

9efGMJI.png

That's hilarious!  That being said, I think that @severedsolo should probably not fire those contracts for Kerbin bases, as I'm sure it could cause other silly stuff.

11 hours ago, maculator said:

So I got a huge problem!

Situation:

Reveal hidden contents

My installed mods:

Reveal hidden contents

{
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		},
		{
		}
	]
}

I'm working on a fix for the TourBus contract. Will roll it out tonight.

8 hours ago, maculator said:

Reveal hidden contents

9efGMJI.png

Ok, all issues you've raised are addressed here: thanks for working hard to test it!

- I have fixed the island tour language to be more clear: the waypoints are surface waypoints (hence no point in trying to fly under them). This means you need to fly within 500m above them only.

- The 100 m/s speed record should pass if you hold the level flight for 5 seconds (there is a duration timer)

- I finally fixed the KSP-TourBus contract

- I reclassified the Tool Shed as as ship. Let's hope that doesn't cause any more problems. :)

- You should be able to use the same vessel for multiple contracts without issue.

- Kebals in Command Seats not loading after vessel failure is a known issue here: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/162

- GAP is not cheat proof due to KSP and CC issues whereby local Kerbals viewable by Space Center can be recovered. A player will need to simply refrain from doing so. I could spawn everything far away outside of Space Center range, but it would be very impractical.

I will be releasing GAP 1.1.1 with all the fixes ASAP.

Requires Contract Configurator 1.9.4.1 or higher fromhttps://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Total Career Contracts Available: 51

1/28/16 GAP 1.1.1

• reclassified Jebediah's Tool Shed as a ship rather than base to prevent conflict with severedsolo's Bases contract pack.
  • added language to IslandTours-Flight 1 and 2 that a player should fly within 500m above the waypoints, and not under them.
  • made KSP-TourBus repeatable.
  • added workaround for existing CC bug to allow KSP-TourBus waypoints to complete with Command Seat only craft (thanks maculator)

Wow you're really quick.

The waypoints for the Island are supposed to be on the ground? Because when I did the contract they where floating in 2km hight. No wonder it took ages to get them if they're supposed to be on the ground. I was flying through them, arround them den hit them vertically and eventually at some point they completed.

And for the 100m/s thing: Yes I was above 2500m (at ~2700m) and held my level for ages, flying strictly horizontal at 100m/s+.

And I have severedsolos stations and bases contract pack installed too. So this pack thought I should maintain my "base" on kerbin^^

Edit: The Barn has a total of 144Parts wich makes my timer go yellow and makes it a bit hard to actually fly throgh it. Would it be possible to use the welding mod and save the part in your asset folder, or would a welded part require the mod to be installed aswell to load?

Edited by maculator

11 hours ago, nightingale said:

That's hilarious!  That being said, I think that @severedsolo should probably not fire those contracts for Kerbin bases, as I'm sure it could cause other silly stuff.

Agreed about kerbin bases (I'll fix)  but @nightingale that contract should never gave generated. The crew counter is set to random(1,emptycrewspace) this is out of bounds (it says zero crew)  I can fix this by putting a empty crew space check in, but it should have errored anyway shouldn't it? (ignore my capitalisation on methods I'm on my phone) 

6 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Agreed about kerbin bases (I'll fix)  but @nightingale that contract should never gave generated. The crew counter is set to random(1,emptycrewspace) this is out of bounds (it says zero crew)  I can fix this by putting a empty crew space check in, but it should have errored anyway shouldn't it? (ignore my capitalisation on methods I'm on my phone) 

You need to add a check into your vessel picking expression for EmptyCrewSpace() > 0.  Right now it ends up doing Random(1, 0), which doesn't throw an error, but just ends up returning zero (if I change it to throw an error it may cause problems for some contracts on parse).

GAP dev update:

Now that I found a Twitch streamer playing GAP, user Million_Lights is streaming GAP so I can see how others are playing GAP. I've been cringing at a few bugs that were fixed in previous releases (he will upgrade to 1.1.1 soon), but I've also had the privilege of seeing a number of areas for gameplay improvement, so I am working on a stealth 1.1.2 gameplay and bugfix update. Not so much bugfix as it is grammar and ease of play fixing.

You can see the current GAP dev changelog here: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt

Watching others play GAP will really help me refine it. This is the beauty of having a stable relase: I can sit back and watch others play and tweak what I think will improve it to perfection.  I won't be working on 1.2 as quickly as I did on 1.1, as I want to take a small break from GAP enhancements to actually just play the game myself - or at least watch others doing so. :) 

Check out Million_Lights's twitch stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/million_lights/

Just got back to GAP after doing some space stuff and graduating in the seaplane school of Mikki. So many features and updates, really nice. Hope you actually paln to slow down this time - I was mainly away for I couldn't keep up with the pace of improvements. ^_^

20 minutes ago, inigma said:

Watching others play GAP will really help me refine it.

What aspects are you interested in? I can't really stream or record, but I don't mind documenting my attempts and approaches in less resource intensive ways.

29 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

Just got back to GAP after doing some space stuff and graduating in the seaplane school of Mikki. So many features and updates, really nice. Hope you actually paln to slow down this time - I was mainly away for I couldn't keep up with the pace of improvements. ^_^

What aspects are you interested in? I can't really stream or record, but I don't mind documenting my attempts and approaches in less resource intensive ways.

Looking really for people's gameplay desirables:  how much money and science and rep and experience do they want to earn? Are the contract instructions clear and intuitive? Are there any annoyances? Any repeatable bugs? Any specific contracts/ideas they want to see explored/expanded/added?

3 minutes ago, skykooler said:

Another problem with the tourbus contract: it doesn't seem to work with the helicopter cockpit from KAX (which behaves like command seats):

kMUdDFE.jpg

you playing with GAP 1.1.1? 1.1.1 fixes this. or at least it should. make sure 1.1.1 is installed, cancel your current contract, and reload your contracts, and decline the Tour Bus contract once or twice until it appears again, and re-do.  Should hopefully work. 

btw, that is an awesomely cute looking tour bus!

Edited by inigma

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.