Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

1 hour ago, inigma said:

Looking really for people's gameplay desirables:  how much money and science and rep and experience do they want to earn? Are the contract instructions clear and intuitive? Are there any annoyances? Any repeatable bugs? Any specific contracts/ideas they want to see explored/expanded/added?

you playing with GAP 1.1.1? 1.1.1 fixes this. or at least it should. make sure 1.1.1 is installed, cancel your current contract, and reload your contracts, and decline the Tour Bus contract once or twice until it appears again, and re-do.  Should hopefully work. 

btw, that is an awesomely cute looking tour bus!

Aha, I downloaded 1.1.1, but it was still the same contract. Thanks!

New issue: the medivac rescue isn't marking anyone as there.

Jq6qBIa.png

The kerbal in the other seat is Rondous, and Ensign Joe is in the front. I flew to the search area, and that wasn't checked either. Might it have anything to do with the presence of a probe core? I put it in there before I remembered that Ens.Joe was a pilot.

1 hour ago, skykooler said:

Aha, I downloaded 1.1.1, but it was still the same contract. Thanks!

New issue: the medivac rescue isn't marking anyone as there.

Jq6qBIa.png

The kerbal in the other seat is Rondous, and Ensign Joe is in the front. I flew to the search area, and that wasn't checked either. Might it have anything to do with the presence of a probe core? I put it in there before I remembered that Ens.Joe was a pilot.

Looks like the waypoint didn't complete. The checks are sequential. Try again to see if you can get the waypoint check to complete.

Looks to be possibly related to: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/163

if so, I'll roll out a fix for it too this weekend.

1 hour ago, inigma said:

Looks like the waypoint didn't complete. The checks are sequential. Try again to see if you can get the waypoint check to complete.

Looks to be possibly related to: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/163

if so, I'll roll out a fix for it too this weekend.

I couldn't land at the waypoint, because it was on a near-vertical slope, but I hovered within a few meters of it and it didn't complete - do I need some sort of wall-climber that can land on the side of K2?

2 minutes ago, skykooler said:

I couldn't land at the waypoint, because it was on a near-vertical slope, but I hovered within a few meters of it and it didn't complete - do I need some sort of wall-climber that can land on the side of K2?

The code is:

//Contract Goals
    PARAMETER
    {
        name = VesselParameterGroup
        type = VesselParameterGroup
        title = fly to the search area

vessel = @/craft

PARAMETER
        {
            name = VisitWaypoint
            type = VisitWaypoint

index = 1
            distance = 500
            hideOnCompletion = true

disableOnStateChange = true
            hideChildren = true

}

disableOnStateChange = true
        hideChildren = true

}

Essentially you have to be within 500m of the active waypoint. Is the waypoint hiding before you get there?

Edited by inigma

No, it isn't. I couldn't trigger it, and then while flying really close to the mountain trying to reach it exactly I crashed and failed the contract. :(

What I did the first time was land on top of K2 and walk the Kerbals up there. Is that more than 500m from the waypoint?

1 hour ago, skykooler said:

No, it isn't. I couldn't trigger it, and then while flying really close to the mountain trying to reach it exactly I crashed and failed the contract. :(

What I did the first time was land on top of K2 and walk the Kerbals up there. Is that more than 500m from the waypoint?

can you post a link to your craft file?

2 hours ago, skykooler said:

Well i tried duplicating in GAP 1.1.1 and I can't duplicate it. My heli is only a girder with command seats (I hyperedited to the waypoint), and I am able to trip the "fly to the search area" parameter fine. I will need your craft file to test further.

Here is my testing showing it tripping:

SEY6BAe.png

10 hours ago, inigma said:

Looking really for people's gameplay desirables:  how much money and science and rep and experience do they want to earn? Are the contract instructions clear and intuitive? Are there any annoyances? Any repeatable bugs? Any specific contracts/ideas they want to see explored/expanded/added?

you playing with GAP 1.1.1? 1.1.1 fixes this. or at least it should. make sure 1.1.1 is installed, cancel your current contract, and reload your contracts, and decline the Tour Bus contract once or twice until it appears again, and re-do.  Should hopefully work. 

btw, that is an awesomely cute looking tour bus!

Oh were you able to get the tourbus contract to work finally in GAP 1.1.1?

Edited by inigma

On 1/24/2016 at 2:28 AM, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Got an odd bug. Leaving a rover parked anywhere in KSC between missions can cause it to vanish. With error "vessel not loading missing parts unknown"

What does unknow parts mean?

Is this a bug in take command perhaps. I suspect the way it works can cause problems. 

EDIT: Really glad I caught this one early it destroys the campaign by feeding Kerbals to the Car-kraken.

EDIT: This one does seem to very repeatable using just the standard parts. Leave buggy packed on runway. Go to VAB and launch a rocket. Let that crash. Go back to space center. Buggy vanished with "vessel not loading missing part unknown". Kerbal driver is kaput.

@nightingale has fixed this in CC 1.9.4. I confirmed. Whew, nasty bug. Glad that one's past.

Question for everyone: 

Should Join SSI contract give these wheels (currently so):

45px-RoveMax_Model_S2.png

or these wheels:

60px-RoveMax_Model_M1.png

I know 1.1 will give us new wheels, but until then, what do you think? I've noticed some players having really hard time with the small rover wheels.

I'd say real kerbals use landing gears and jet-propulsion for buses. SRB's for extra points. ^_^ Don't hand out any.

Though I think the current one is good because it's bad. I'd definately wouldn't change it to the most popular choice.

3 hours ago, inigma said:

@nightingale has fixed this in CC 1.9.4. I confirmed. Whew, nasty bug. Glad that one's past.

Yay! for @nightingale. Who is awesome :lol:

2 hours ago, inigma said:

Question for everyone: 

Should Join SSI contract give these wheels (currently so):

45px-RoveMax_Model_S2.png

or these wheels:

60px-RoveMax_Model_M1.png

Small wheels please. So far they have only caused a problem when I am driving to fast at the Administration building and forget to slow down just before the slope up. This is driver error. I have to be careless to fail the mission.

I have very rarely rolled over due bad design (Rover too narrow with high center of gravity). Again this it not due to small wheels. 

29 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

I think the current one is good because it's bad. 

I like this. Well said.

They work. We get the mission done just in time. However the performance brings drama that the big wheels don't have. They feel good because they are not perfect.  

11 hours ago, inigma said:

8 hours ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Yay! for @nightingale. Who is awesome :lol:

Thanks!  But just to make sure there's no confusion, this is fixed in CC 1.9.5, which won't be released for a couple days yet. :)

11 hours ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

I have very rarely rolled over due bad design (Rover too narrow with high center of gravity).

Dun-dun-dun. Make way for the glorious Inigma Kerman as he observes his hirelings from his Seat of Power. No other kerbal has ever observed the surface of Kerbin from such height before (by that time anyways).

QD2jiWW.png

8 hours ago, skykooler said:

Here it is: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00000241515944626488

I fly it to the base of the mountain, land, undock the helicopter bit, and fly only that up to the top.

I can't duplicate. Try eliminating mods to see if you can find a conflict.

rUZOYwa.png4DjUy8O.png

As soon as I am within 500m, the waypoint trips:

XUNpycR.png

Notice the marker disappears when I approach and trip the parameter "fly to the search area." 

Make sure you are running CC 1.9.4.1 and you have GAP 1.1.1 installed, and then cancel and reload this contract.

If you replicate it after eliminating mods to just KAX, CC, TakeCommand, and GAP, then give me a save file as I can't duplicate this one.

raised: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/173

Edited by inigma

9 hours ago, Evanitis said:

Dun-dun-dun. Make way for the glorious Inigma Kerman as he observes his hirelings from his Seat of Power. No other kerbal has ever observed the surface of Kerbin from such height before (by that time anyways).

QD2jiWW.png

It works!

14 hours ago, maculator said:

The small ones because they really suck^^ They always break for no reason and screw things up. Keep 'em! The big ones are to reliable for early career.

Will do! Sucky small wheels staying for the win. ;)  Thanks for the feedback guys!

Edited by inigma

Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.1.2

@inigmatus inigmatus released this: a Gameplay Improvement Pass

Requires Contract Configurator 1.9.4.1 or higher fromhttps://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Total Career Contracts Available: 51

1/31/16 GAP 1.1.2

• Kerbals are rather hardy. Bumped Wright-AirplaneRide G limit to 5 Gs (Gimbal line at 5 G is easier to see and watch out for)

• updated KSP-IslandLanding descrption to require Astronaut Complex building level 2 (flag planting requires Astronaut Complex level 2)

• added language to KSP-IslandSurvey contract completion message informing the player to work on upgrading the Astronaut Complex to level 2

• added land and stop language to contracts since landing is defined as stopping your vehicle's motion while on the ground.

• added requirement to IslandTours-Shoreline to require a boat only, not a seaplane, to prevent players from building seaplanes before Wright-FirstFlight, but encourage boats before.

• removed IslandTours-Shoreline as a requirement for IslandTours-Flight-1, to separate out boat tourist contracts from plane tourist contracts.

• removed antenna check from buoy drop contracts (to avoid an MM patch for compatibility with RemoteTech installs).

• removed waypoint 6 from KSP-IslandSurvey as it now requires player to fly back under waypoint 1 instead (makes waypoint 1 easier to find)

• clarified the air breathing engine parameter check in contracts to include lack of specific fuel types on board in addition to lack of certain engine types (so even modded engines are properly checked)

• fixed KSP-AVC. Now checks for version! (finally)

Edited by inigma

An issue I encountered with the seaplane contracts: I completed one, and apparently the dock, tiki huts etc. weren't removed. However, on my next seaplane contract, new ones were put in the same place, which resulted in some startling fireworks:

maKJZ0O.jpg

By the way, would it be possible to have an option for those contracts to not have the models? They have so many parts that my physics runs at like 1/3rd speed when swapping passengers.

How do I remove the parachute missions completely?

Right now they are not supported in KSP and it is a total waste of RAM space to fix this. It just does not make any sense to have them in there without support detection or an option to hide them. I am all for contracts like this but please put them in a different contract pack. All they do is reduce the contract options available. 

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

I'm yet to get a 'chute mission, but I totally intend to do them without the mod. You know, kerbals are surprisingly resistant to impact, especially if you activate RCS and turn them upside down.

I really hope the contract won't actually check for actual 'chute parts to be present.

31 minutes ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

How do I remove the parachute missions completely?

Right now they are not supported in KSP and it is a total waste of RAM space to fix this. It just does not make any sense to have them in there without support detection or an option to hide them. I am all for contracts like this but please put them in a different contract pack. All they do is reduce the contract options available. 

There is only one chute contract and its weight is low vs other contracts. Memory footprint is only as large as a sheet of paper. You can land Kerbals in stock KSP as GAP can be played stock, but EVA Parachutes is recommended as well as EVA Parachutes by default, both are listed in the GAP OP and now recommended when you install GAP via CKAN.

Future versions of Contract Configurator will allow me to specify perm declinable contracts so you dont have to take a certain contract tree. Pinging @nightingale.

For now you can manually remove any contract from the pack manually. Just reference the map in the OP so you don't rip out a dependent contract.

20 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

I'm yet to get a 'chute mission, but I totally intend to do them without the mod. You know, kerbals are surprisingly resistant to impact, especially if you activate RCS and turn them upside down.

I really hope the contract won't actually check for actual 'chute parts to be present.

It doesn't check. Read through the Wright-Bail.cfg and you will see that it only checks you are flying at altitude and that you then EVA a kerbal... and land the plane, and kill no one. Very simple logic.

3 hours ago, skykooler said:

An issue I encountered with the seaplane contracts: I completed one, and apparently the dock, tiki huts etc. weren't removed. However, on my next seaplane contract, new ones were put in the same place, which resulted in some startling fireworks:

maKJZ0O.jpg

By the way, would it be possible to have an option for those contracts to not have the models? They have so many parts that my physics runs at like 1/3rd speed when swapping passengers.

Can you give me steps to duplicate the duplicate props issue? All contract props should be deleted on contract completion or failure. 

You can delete assets from the assests folder except flags, to save memory and physics. Contracts are not dependent on crafts except the KSS Rix carrier landing contract.

Edited by inigma

4 hours ago, inigma said:

Future versions of Contract Configurator will allow me to specify perm declinable contracts so you dont have to take a certain contract tree. Pinging @nightingale.

Yes, but not until I see how the stock functionality is implemented to reduce likelihood of contracts coming up.  Because I most likely would want to just use that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.