Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

The waypoint issue, as far as I've been able to duplicate, is not a waypoint issue at all. It's a craft definition issue with GAP 1.0.2. Currently GAP assumes you are only have one active contract. If you accept multiple contracts, and then fly a craft for a non-GAP mission, GAP is currently tying the contract to that active craft, no matter if you intended to use it or not. This means you may have flown a plane or ship for one contract, and as long as that ship remains in existence, the GAP contract can only be completed by it.

In 1.0.3 I am attempting to address this by requiring more specific vessel parameter checks (such as completing the first part of a GAP mission then defines the craft). It's a bit of  a re-design headache to code around without having to require players to do something odd. In short, the only reason I ever check for a vessel definition is to ensure the vessel doesn't crash. However I'm re-examining the need for such for anything but passenger contracts, at which point, specific waypoints would be sufficient to trigger such a definition and craft check.

Stay tuned. I hope to crank 1.0.3 out before KSP 1.1.

[LOG 19:20:34.736] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_GROUP: 'SpaceTuxGroup'
[ERR 19:20:34.748] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Couldn't load CONTRACT_TYPE 'STS-30' due to a duplicate name.

I think Unmanned and GAP is fighting over the same contract name?

2 hours ago, Miravlix said:

[LOG 19:20:34.736] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_GROUP: 'SpaceTuxGroup'
[ERR 19:20:34.748] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Couldn't load CONTRACT_TYPE 'STS-30' due to a duplicate name.

@linuxgurugamer any ideas?

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

@inigma , how about some large cargo plane contracts? :)

You can see the current slate of updates planned here:

https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/milestones

I'm currently working on GAP 1.2 which is a lot of bug fixes and a modular re-design. Much it is already completed, and even ready for testing.

GAP 1.3 is all about adding cargo flights.

2 minutes ago, inigma said:
2 hours ago, Miravlix said:

When are you coming out with your next update?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When are you coming out with your next update?

Sometime this month. I really just need a good 12 hours to do so.  My new job I took on last week has really taken up a lot of my free time. 

I've barely had time to maintain the SpaceDock OP. :) 

ok.  I'll take a look

Just now, inigma said:

Sometime this month. I really just need a good 12 hours to do so.  My new job I took on last week has really taken up a lot of my free time. 

I've barely had time to maintain the SpaceDock OP. :) 

Ok, I'll take a look at unmanned contracts, it should be fairly easy to rename them.

I'll do this in the next day or so

LGG

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but when I do the first contract "Join SSI Aerospace", I don't get the timer to start.  There have been a few times that it does, but mostly not.  What triggers the timer?  Can I fix it myself?  Thanks...btw, I love the mod!

Edit:

Ok, so I was reading the earliest posts, and while my question wasn't specifically answered, I think I figured it out.  The problem, I think, was that there's a contract that requires telemetry readings, and since the seats that we get to place on the rover don't have an option for reading telemetry, I built a rover with a capsule, and one external seat.  Obviously, the pilot went into the capsule, and not in the external seat.  I think I need to add an extra seat, and move the pilot to one of those.  I'm going to try that, then if it doesn't work, or if it does, I'll report back.

Edit 2: 

So, I was right.  It was the capsule that messed it up, AND, I had more than one contract open.  I dismissed the other one, and left the SSI contract open.  The timer didn't start until I got to the Admin Building, but it started.  Whew!

Edited by jcddmdad
I think I figured it out...

On 3/14/2016 at 5:23 PM, inigma said:
On 3/14/2016 at 3:06 PM, Miravlix said:

It isn't Unmanned Contracts.  I just loaded both GAP and UnmannedContracts into my test install, and they both loaded without a problem.   The grouping in the above log is merely a coincidence

@Miravlix What other mods/contract packs do you have loaded?

I was playing around with a mod that adds cars, a bus and so on, and started to wonder what i would need to change in your cfg file to remove the requirement of specific parts and replace them with the requirement of an amount of free seats, so i can do contracts like the KSC bus tours with the cars provided by the other mod

Edited by Filigan

On 3/16/2016 at 6:46 AM, Filigan said:

I was playing around with a mod that adds cars, a bus and so on, and started to wonder what i would need to change in your cfg file to remove the requirement of specific parts and replace them with the requirement of an amount of free seats, so i can do contracts like the KSC bus tours with the cars provided by the other mod

GAP 1.2 (still in development) actually now only checks for wheel parts, not SXT.

Dev Update: I'm more than halfway now through GAP 1.2 development. home stretch. hoping to release in the next week or so.  Currently I'm working on #177: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/177 which is a doozy.

Edited by inigma

GAP 1.2 is now released! A massive update focusing on bug fixing, and modularizing GAP for future expansion. Now you can rip out all folders except Assets and Milestones (GAP Core) and put back in what you want in your GAP program.

New Economy contracts! I have completely re-done the starting contracts. Now you must join SSI... for a small membership fee! Also, technologies are not free, but offered as separate contracts that you use funds to purchase. Try it out! If you purchase them right, and start with 25k, you should have enough funds to clobber together a glider after all is said and done.  If not, you can always opt to bus people around KSC for funds until you get there. Enjoy!

Requires Contract Configurator 1.9.10 or higher fromhttps://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Total Career Contracts Available: 56

3/21/16 GAP 1.2

• added Operation: Manley Freedom - a BDArmory contract that appears after you survey the islands. Requires BDArmory and Kerbal Aircraft Expansion. Can you rescue Scott Kerman from the Hackstream brigade?
  • added one of three craft definition requirements to all contracts: preflight timer, passenger, or specific part or mission objective completed; to fix all reported mission completion bugs where unintenteded craft used for other contracts were tripping definition parameters for the intended contract, causing some GAP contracts to require the unrelated craft to complete a mission.
  • redefined KerbalDeaths to only apply to crew and passengers of a GAP vessel and no other vessel or Kerbal. Finally Joe Kerman dying in the void of space won't affect GAP contracts.
  • added static fund rewards to SSI-Glider and SSI-First Flight, and bumped reward for KSP-TourBus, to better balance reward with effort for early contracts, and provide a more balanced starting income stream.
  • redeveloped the GAP contract tree from scratch. New dependencies, removed dependencies, and added and removed (combined) contracts to support modularity, simplicity, and expansion.
  • removed mission requirement from Join SSI! and added small membership fee as 10% of a player's starting funds. Contract is now required to be accepted before GAP contract tree becomes available. Yes, GAP now costs funds to exploit!
  • added GAP:Economy contracts offering simple prototype parts for funds, as well as an SSI Capital Bank Loan contract that loans the amount of a player's starting funds to players that are running at 10% or less of their starting funds. SSI developed parts are no longer free giveaways and require funds to purchase.
  • modularized GAP by removing requirements for some contracts. Now you can remove certain GAP expansions (folders) without causing continuity issues. Only the Milestones (GAP Core) and the Assets folder should not be removed as it contains all the core contracts required for GAP and its expansions to function. All other folders may be removed.
  • combined KSP-IslandLanding with KSP-IslandPrep. Now it's only one mission, not two.
  • moved some contracts to GAP Core: Milestones
  • moved some contracts to GAP: Charters and Airlines (requires Milestones)
  • moved some contracts to GAP: Stunts (requires Milestones)
  • moved some contracts to GAP: Skydiving (requires Milestones) (requires EVA Parachutes)
  • moved some contracts to GAP: Seacraft
  • moved some contracts to GAP: Coast Guard
  • moved some contracts to GAP: Space Shuttle Missions
  • moved contracts into folders as part of modularizing GAP for easy removal of certain parts as desired.
  • added maxCount to Charter Flight 5 to retire flight once player completes Flight 101.
  • redrafted airline flights to allow for more manual loading, and left only manual loading for Charter Flight 4 (passengers) and Charter Flight 40 (science passengers).
  • Coast Guard buoys now save as subassemblies rather than showing up in the VAB craft list.
  • KSP-TourBus contract now requires a command seat, and any wheels - not just stock or SXT.

Just got the updated version, playing on a new save, the GAP contracts no longer grant experimental parts, like it previously did? got the make a glider contract, requires external command seat to complete, but it's not granted like it used to be, and that part is still a ways down the tech tree. Is this intended behavior, an oversight, or glitch on my end?

1 minute ago, vardicd said:

Just got the updated version, playing on a new save, the GAP contracts no longer grant experimental parts, like it previously did? got the make a glider contract, requires external command seat to complete, but it's not granted like it used to be, and that part is still a ways down the tech tree. Is this intended behavior, an oversight, or glitch on my end?

Experimental techs are now granted separately through the economy contracts. Check out MIssion Control.

Just now, inigma said:

Experimental techs are now granted separately through the economy contracts. Check out MIssion Control.

I did see that in your post, but I haven't gotten any of those yet, and I feel its a bit... awkward to have contracts show up that require a part, that hasn't been unlocked yet?

3 minutes ago, vardicd said:

I did see that in your post, but I haven't gotten any of those yet, and I feel its a bit... awkward to have contracts show up that require a part, that hasn't been unlocked yet?

I see what you mean. The idea was to give players an immediate glider contract, but if they can't get a Command Seat, then they will be soon forced to purchase one through SSI. It was a chicken-egg dilemma.

To avoid this, in the next release I've gone ahead and set SSI-Glider to require Command Seat before showing the contract. :)

22 minutes ago, inigma said:

I see what you mean. The idea was to give players an immediate glider contract, but if they can't get a Command Seat, then they will be soon forced to purchase one through SSI. It was a chicken-egg dilemma.

To avoid this, in the next release I've gone ahead and set SSI-Glider to require Command Seat before showing the contract. :)

Ok I was curious, as I thought it was a bit strange to have that not already set as a pre-req for a contract where it was required. Btw I did just get the contract to grant me the command seat. So I was able to complete the glider contract.

Just now, vardicd said:

Ok I was curious, as I thought it was a bit strange to have that not already set as a pre-req for a contract where it was required. Btw I did just get the contract to grant me the command seat. So I was able to complete the glider contract.

Let me know how you like the new gameplay.

I think I may have found a bug.

I had just taken the Join SSI Aerospace contract.  I built my rover, and I clicked on the Simulate button (I use KCT), and nothing happens.  I don't go out to the landing strip.  I try to click on the exit SPH button, nothing happens.  The SPH is essentially broken.  I have to kill KSP just to get out of it.

I suspect something may have gone wrong since the last update, because I had played this contract before on a previous save, and I did not have this problem.

37 minutes ago, MerlinsMaster said:

I think I may have found a bug.

I had just taken the Join SSI Aerospace contract.  I built my rover, and I clicked on the Simulate button (I use KCT), and nothing happens.  I don't go out to the landing strip.  I try to click on the exit SPH button, nothing happens.  The SPH is essentially broken.  I have to kill KSP just to get out of it.

I suspect something may have gone wrong since the last update, because I had played this contract before on a previous save, and I did not have this problem.

I'm not having any issues playing this and KCT. Simulations and everything is working just fine, and I'm using the latest versions of both

17 minutes ago, Nicole said:

Sorry if I missed it, but does this work with existing careers?

It should, I've never had major issues adding it to, or removing it from existing careers, but I usually like to just start new ones to be safe. I'd copy your save game data out of your KSP folder, to be safe, then add the mod, if anything goes sideways, you can remove the mod, and delete your save data, and load the copy back in, and presto: nothing lost.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.