Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

2 hours ago, vardicd said:

It should, I've never had major issues adding it to, or removing it from existing careers, but I usually like to just start new ones to be safe. I'd copy your save game data out of your KSP folder, to be safe, then add the mod, if anything goes sideways, you can remove the mod, and delete your save data, and load the copy back in, and presto: nothing lost.

I actually asked after installing the mod and trying it. I don't have any initial contracts from this mod and had got the impression there is an initial contract to get started. Contract Configurator lists it properly and it's active, but not sure how to trigger it. Didn't have the time to mess about with it then, I may need to wait a few Kerbal days / weeks, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the reply.

4 hours ago, Nicole said:

I actually asked after installing the mod and trying it. I don't have any initial contracts from this mod and had got the impression there is an initial contract to get started. Contract Configurator lists it properly and it's active, but not sure how to trigger it. Didn't have the time to mess about with it then, I may need to wait a few Kerbal days / weeks, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the reply.

yeah, you have to let some time pass for the active contracts to fall out of the list, and make room for the 'new' contracts.

9 hours ago, MerlinsMaster said:

I think I may have found a bug.

I had just taken the Join SSI Aerospace contract.  I built my rover, and I clicked on the Simulate button (I use KCT), and nothing happens.  I don't go out to the landing strip.  I try to click on the exit SPH button, nothing happens.  The SPH is essentially broken.  I have to kill KSP just to get out of it.

I suspect something may have gone wrong since the last update, because I had played this contract before on a previous save, and I did not have this problem.

Try removing GAP. Does it happen still? If not, try removing Contract Configurator. Does it happen still?

8 hours ago, Nicole said:

Sorry if I missed it, but does this work with existing careers?

It is completely compatible with existing careers.

8 hours ago, vardicd said:

I did however find one minor context bug, you might want to know about:

iowVxs8.jpg

Is it glider, or ground vehicle? :D 

Good catch. I'll add that to the 1.2.1 fixup list.

7 hours ago, jcddmdad said:

So, I was going to bed...fired up my PC for kicks, found that this mod was updated....now....I've got to try it out...oh boy!

:D let me know how it works for you!

5 hours ago, Nicole said:

You can always hit Alt+F12, then go to the Contracts button, then Offered, and decline contracts from there until new GAP ones appear.  You are also welcome to simply remove previously completed contracts by the same tool, which will cause them to regenerate on the active list.

@inigma
Just ran into a situation, exited KSP, and reloaded, and all the GAP given contract parts and contracts have vanished, and don't seem to return. Contract configurator says the pack is loaded fine. but nada. Providing logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7xp0bf7rjtbvnfd/AADYk6JVhy7_9h9qYD3NLYeha?dl=0

Edit: The only change I made to the game was I removed the persistant rotation mod, I found that beyond a certain number of craft, my PC took far too great a performance hit. I don't see how removing that mod could have made a difference to GAP?

Edited by vardicd

17 minutes ago, vardicd said:

@inigma
Just ran into a situation, exited KSP, and reloaded, and all the GAP given contract parts and contracts have vanished, and don't seem to return. Contract configurator says the pack is loaded fine. but nada. Providing logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7xp0bf7rjtbvnfd/AADYk6JVhy7_9h9qYD3NLYeha?dl=0

Edit: The only change I made to the game was I removed the persistant rotation mod, I found that beyond a certain number of craft, my PC took far too great a performance hit. I don't see how removing that mod could have made a difference to GAP?

@nightingale Ideas?

11 minutes ago, inigma said:

@nightingale Ideas?

The only thing related to contracts in the log is a couple contracts failing to load because of missing SXT parts.  There's also errors with KCT, life support (TAC-LS?) and RealChutes that are suspicious, but shouldn't directly affect contracts.

3 minutes ago, nightingale said:

The only thing related to contracts in the log is a couple contracts failing to load because of missing SXT parts.  There's also errors with KCT, life support (TAC-LS?) and RealChutes that are suspicious, but shouldn't directly affect contracts.

I use RoverDude's Lifesupport mod, never used TAC-LS. I personally haven't had any in game issues with KCT or RealChutes. the SXT error is probably because I only have the truck parts from that mod installed, and no other parts.

1 hour ago, inigma said:

Try removing GAP. Does it happen still? If not, try removing Contract Configurator. Does it happen still?

I used the S.A.V.E. mod to go back to a save point before I accepted the contract, and that fixed what was happening.  But I accepted the contract again, and the same thing happened.  I should have kept the log, but I just didn't think of that at the time.

3 hours ago, inigma said:

:D let me know how it works for you!

It was pretty cool!  Although spending all that money to get access to parts, I ended up playing tour guide to make some money...which, I think, was the point.  Thanks for the update!

1 hour ago, MerlinsMaster said:

I used the S.A.V.E. mod to go back to a save point before I accepted the contract, and that fixed what was happening.  But I accepted the contract again, and the same thing happened.  I should have kept the log, but I just didn't think of that at the time.

KCT appears to be a commonality with another poster above. Please remove Contract Configurator and GAP and try it again to see if this is just a KCT issue.

I've been wondering, does anyone else seem not to get any contract other than "KSC Tour Bus"?
On previous versions, all I'd get was the KSC Tour Bus and "drive a tourism boat through KSC coast", no matter how many times I reloaded offered contracts. On this version, I got the "Join SSI" one, and now, the Tour Bus only.

23 minutes ago, Kowgan said:

I've been wondering, does anyone else seem not to get any contract other than "KSC Tour Bus"?
On previous versions, all I'd get was the KSC Tour Bus and "drive a tourism boat through KSC coast", no matter how many times I reloaded offered contracts. On this version, I got the "Join SSI" one, and now, the Tour Bus only.

Check your completed contracts using F12. What SSI contracts are completed? 

Yes, it was. :) I also completed the tour bus.
I deactivated most of the stock contracts, and I got a fairly small range of contract types. So it's really noticeable how most of the contracts offered are being repeated, but nothing like SSI Helicopter will show up; even when I activate "ignore agencies mindset".
Thanks for the answer and support!

5 hours ago, inigma said:

KCT appears to be a commonality with another poster above. Please remove Contract Configurator and GAP and try it again to see if this is just a KCT issue.

Well, I can't do that, as I had already deleted that save and started a new one.

I did attempt to replicate the "error" in a clean install, but something else strange has happened.  When I accept the Join SSI contact, I'm not required to do anything.  I am simply offered a bunch of contracts that simply pay me to unlock free tech.  What do you suppose is going on here?

16 minutes ago, MerlinsMaster said:

Well, I can't do that, as I had already deleted that save and started a new one.

I did attempt to replicate the "error" in a clean install, but something else strange has happened.  When I accept the Join SSI contact, I'm not required to do anything.  I am simply offered a bunch of contracts that simply pay me to unlock free tech.  What do you suppose is going on here?

That is how it's designed. Join SSI (does nothing, only gives you the opportunity to unlock techs, or if you already have the techs, offer you contracts). Unlock Techs. Gain access to contracts dependent on those techs.

20 minutes ago, Kowgan said:

Yes, it was. :) I also completed the tour bus.
I deactivated most of the stock contracts, and I got a fairly small range of contract types. So it's really noticeable how most of the contracts offered are being repeated, but nothing like SSI Helicopter will show up; even when I activate "ignore agencies mindset".
Thanks for the answer and support!

SSI Helicopter has new dependencies. Check the new contract tree here:
 CRK2swQ.jpg

You need to complete a speed contract of 220 ms and altitude contract of 2500m.

Edited by inigma

Got it. Yeah, I remember I actually got an IslandTour contract recently, on a previous version. But I never got anything like KSC Mining, GAP Economy, Wright-Flight or Corliss Base. I might aswell just be unlucky. I'll keep looking. :)

6 minutes ago, inigma said:

That is how it's designed. Join SSI (does nothing, only gives you the opportunity to unlock techs, or if you already have the techs, offer you contracts). Unlock Techs. Gain access to contracts dependent on those techs.

But when I was playing it before, I had to build a rover and pick up Inigma Kerman.  This time I wasn't asked to do that.

2 minutes ago, MerlinsMaster said:

But when I was playing it before, I had to build a rover and pick up Inigma Kerman.  This time I wasn't asked to do that.

I've completely redesigned the starting contracts. I've removed entirely the mission requirement to pickup Inigma Kerman. I will reintroduce that opportunity in a future GAP release so players can have him as a reward rather than tech.

Right now, Join SSI just gives you contract access. Nothing more.

6 minutes ago, Kowgan said:

Got it. Yeah, I remember I actually got an IslandTour contract recently, on a previous version. But I never got anything like KSC Mining, GAP Economy, Wright-Flight or Corliss Base. I might aswell just be unlucky. I'll keep looking. :)

Mining contracts are not yet available. Nor are Corliss BASE jumping contracts. THey have a dot in the tree indicated not yet developed.

45 minutes ago, inigma said:

I've completely redesigned the starting contracts. I've removed entirely the mission requirement to pickup Inigma Kerman. I will reintroduce that opportunity in a future GAP release so players can have him as a reward rather than tech.

Right now, Join SSI just gives you contract access. Nothing more.

Okay.  Well, I installed the previous version of GAP and tried that.  I tried it with just GAP, and I did not get the error.  Then I added KCT and tried it again.  And again, I did not get the error.  So I'm now at a loss.  Maybe another mod I was running reacted badly to it, I don't know.

Anyone playing with BDArmory and KAX get a chance to try GAP's BDArmory mission, Operation: Manley Freedom - to rescue Scott Kerman from the Hackestream Brigade that have taken over KSC Island?

Edited by inigma

12 hours ago, vardicd said:

@inigma

11 hours ago, nightingale said:

I figured out what was going on in my game, The GAP parts that I lost access to where part of a tech node I had just started researching, and since I use KCT, I no longer have access to them, while the time ticks for them to be researched, I haven't gotten any more GAP contracts, perhaps they just haven't shown, or perhaps with the parts locked by KCT, GAP just isn't generating contracts?

7 minutes ago, vardicd said:

I figured out what was going on in my game, The GAP parts that I lost access to where part of a tech node I had just started researching, and since I use KCT, I no longer have access to them, while the time ticks for them to be researched, I haven't gotten any more GAP contracts, perhaps they just haven't shown, or perhaps with the parts locked by KCT, GAP just isn't generating contracts?

GAP: Economy contracts check to see if you have the funds available to purchase certain parts before offering the contract. The offers disappear when your funds drop below the limit.

Most of the starting GAP contracts require one to have a Command Seat.

Starting a new game, a player Joins SSI, then can purchase a Command Seat tech, and a glider tech, and immediately get the glider contract to appear as a result - although I highly recommend getting the chassis tech to get smaller parts from which to build a wright type glider on. For the first time in KSP, players now have to actually decide what techs to purchase which fits their expected play style and budget. :) 

Edited by inigma

Found a few notable spelling and grammar mistakes. How embarrassing. You'd have thought I developed GAP in my late nights...  oh wait. heh.

Requires Contract Configurator 1.9.10 or higher fromhttps://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Total Career Contracts Available: 56

3/22/16 GAP 1.2.1

• corrected grammar and spelling in a few contracts.
  • fixed SSI-Glider to now require a Command Seat tech before being made available in Mission Control.
  • removed conflicting AVC file.
Edited by inigma

Dev update:

Anyone have bugs to report? I'm working on 1.2.2 - I've rebalanced the starting economy contracts, and completely redid the loan mechanic to make the loan more accessible. I'll be pushing it out this weekend. That and the AVC is missing its GAP.version in 1.2.1 heh, so 1.2.2 does need to be pushed soon if only for that reason alone (argh). If you have any bugs to report, get them in so I can avoid spamming other fans with additional release updates. After 1.2.2 I'll be working on drafting cargo contracts for 1.3.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.