Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

23 hours ago, inigma said:

4/21/16 GAP 1.2.3

• Compatibility pass for KSP 1.1.
  • More spelling and grammar fixes.

Most excellent. :D

Issue detected:

ArgumentException: No PartModules found for type 'Wheel'.
  at ContractConfigurator.Validation.ValidatePartModuleType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.All[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement.RequirementMet (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.CheckRequirement (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.RequirementsMet (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, ContractConfigurator.ContractType contractType, IEnumerable`1 contractRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as Exception: ContractConfigurator: Exception checking requirements!

UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement:RequirementsMet(ConfiguredContract, ContractType, IEnumerable`1)
ContractConfigurator.ContractType:MeetExtendedRequirements(ConfiguredContract, ContractType)
ContractConfigurator.<ContractGenerator>d__27:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.<ContractGenerator>d__26:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader:GetNextContract(ContractPrestige, Boolean)
ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader:GenerateContract(ConfiguredContract)
ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract:MeetRequirements()
Contracts.Contract:Generate(Type, ContractPrestige, Int32, State)
Contracts.ContractSystem:GenerateContract(Int32, ContractPrestige, Type)
Contracts.ContractSystem:GenerateContract(Int32&, ContractPrestige)
Contracts.ContractSystem:GenerateContracts(Int32&, ContractPrestige, Int32)
Contracts.ContractSystem:RefreshContracts()
Contracts.	:MoveNext()

I haven't actually checked to see if the wheel-dependent contracts spawn when you unlock wheels, but seeing this in the log makes me think they won't.

I know ModuleWheel went away for 1.1, but not sure whether this one is yours or a CC thing.

FWIW, this is not the only contract-pack that causes these, RoverMissions is the same.

GAP - 1.2.3
ContractConfigurator - 1.10.3, 1.10.4
Kerbal Space Program - 1.1.0.1230 (LinuxPlayer)
Much other mod installed, can test with minimal mods etc. if needed.

10 hours ago, KoningsGap said:

I have installed GAP for 1.1 but after the Build a Glider contract I am not receiving any new contracts. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot? Regards

You will need an air-breathing engine for the next contract.

8 hours ago, inigma said:

You will need an air-breathing engine for the next contract.

If I'm correct, I should get the Tour Bus contract since I have unlocked the Rover Wheels? The Debug menu keeps telling me that the partmodule Wheels have not been found though. Isn't this a bug?

I'm not being offered the Glider contract.

I have unlocked the seatExternalCmd and the R8winglet which has a ModuleControlSurface.

I have no other contracts pending. I have completed:

• Join SSI Aerospace!
  • Purchase command seat tech.
  • Purchase electric vehicle tech.
  • Purchase flight control tech.
  • Purchase structural tech.

I have CommunityTechTree and UnmannedBeforeManned which rearrange parts but looking at the contract cfg I can't see how that would matter so long as the required parts are unlocked.

I have KerbinSide GAP but that just adds more contracts so I dont see a conflict there.

Using ContractConfigurator I have all contract types turned off except for GAP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by OminousPenguin

I'm not getting the Join SSI Aerospace! starter contract. I thought it was because I needed a new career, but that wasn't the case. Any ideas as to why this might be? :P 

Edit: I didn't have Contract Configurator installed properly. Whoops :sticktongue:

Edited by stickman939

18 hours ago, KoningsGap said:

If I'm correct, I should get the Tour Bus contract since I have unlocked the Rover Wheels? The Debug menu keeps telling me that the partmodule Wheels have not been found though. Isn't this a bug?

fixed for 1.2.4.

12 hours ago, OminousPenguin said:

I'm not being offered the Glider contract.

I have unlocked the seatExternalCmd and the R8winglet which has a ModuleControlSurface.

I have no other contracts pending. I have completed:

• Join SSI Aerospace!
  • Purchase command seat tech.
  • Purchase electric vehicle tech.
  • Purchase flight control tech.
  • Purchase structural tech.

I have CommunityTechTree and UnmannedBeforeManned which rearrange parts but looking at the contract cfg I can't see how that would matter so long as the required parts are unlocked.

I have KerbinSide GAP but that just adds more contracts so I dont see a conflict there.

Using ContractConfigurator I have all contract types turned off except for GAP.

Any help would be appreciated.

should work. anything in debug? or Alt+f10 CC debug?

Requires Contract Configurator 1.10.3 or higher fromhttps://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Total Career Contracts Available: 56

4/26/16 GAP 1.2.4

• All contracts that require wheel technology have (finally) been fixed.
  • Fixed BDArmory contract exception error when Module Manager is not installed. KSP-IslandLanding should now show up.

@inigma I noticed something that you might want to address, the Mk 2 Expansion mod now has a couple of parts that are air breathing solid rocket boosters:

"title = SP-R1 "Boost-O-Tron" Air-Augmented Solid Booster, and title = SP-R7 "Mallet" Air-Augmented Solid Booster"

These engines gets unlocked very early in the tech tree, and seems to cause G.A.P. to unlock the build a plane contracts, because of it's air breathing engine mode, yet because it's a solid rocket booster, it doesn't meet the requirements for the build a plane contract. Its a small thing, and I don't know if you want to look into it or not, but it can be confusing/annoying that the contract to make planes it being offered, before you actually have a valid air breathing engine for the contract.

Link to the relevant mod, if you wish to look into it.

http://imgur.com/a/tWNzw Album of screenshots showing the unlocked mission and parts in tech tree.

Edited by vardicd

I think the Barnstormer contract nuked my career save by nulreffing it to hell. It stopped once i deleted the barn from the KSC view, so i'm presuming the barn might be bugged? Maybe it's just a glitch with my save, but i thought it would be worth reporting. Unfortunately, i have no logs but my Alt+F2 was filled with constant NullReferenceExceptions in flight.

6 hours ago, Lupi said:

I think the Barnstormer contract nuked my career save by nulreffing it to hell. It stopped once i deleted the barn from the KSC view, so i'm presuming the barn might be bugged? Maybe it's just a glitch with my save, but i thought it would be worth reporting. Unfortunately, i have no logs but my Alt+F2 was filled with constant NullReferenceExceptions in flight.

GAP 1.2.4?

9 hours ago, vardicd said:

@inigma I noticed something that you might want to address, the Mk 2 Expansion mod now has a couple of parts that are air breathing solid rocket boosters:

"title = SP-R1 "Boost-O-Tron" Air-Augmented Solid Booster, and title = SP-R7 "Mallet" Air-Augmented Solid Booster"

These engines gets unlocked very early in the tech tree, and seems to cause G.A.P. to unlock the build a plane contracts, because of it's air breathing engine mode, yet because it's a solid rocket booster, it doesn't meet the requirements for the build a plane contract. Its a small thing, and I don't know if you want to look into it or not, but it can be confusing/annoying that the contract to make planes it being offered, before you actually have a valid air breathing engine for the contract.

Link to the relevant mod, if you wish to look into it.

http://imgur.com/a/tWNzw Album of screenshots showing the unlocked mission and parts in tech tree.

I'm not quite sure what to do here.  @nightingale is there a way to exclude specific parts from matching partModule requirements? I'm running an partmoduleunlocked requirement doing a partModule = intakeAir check or something like that. I'd like to find a way to exclude the mk2 expansion parts (air breathing solid boosters) from tripping it and unlocking the First Flight contract prematurely since that contract also does not permit one to use solid fuel.

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, inigma said:

I'm not quite sure what to do here.  @nightingale is there a way to exclude specific parts from matching partModule requirements? I'm running an partmoduleunlocked requirement doing a partModule = intakeAir check or something like that. I'd like to find a way to exclude the mk2 expansion parts (air breathing solid boosters) from tripping it and unlocking the First Flight contract prematurely since that contract also does not permit one to use solid fuel.

Thoughts?

Would need something that is a lot more complex than what is available now.  Best I could suggest would be to look a combination of parts to say that planes are unlocked to try to avoid these cases as best as possible.

13 hours ago, inigma said:

should work. anything in debug? or Alt+f10 CC debug?

I didn't know about CC's Alt+F10.

It says the PartModuleUnlock requirement is not met. I'll investigate.

Edit: I investigated..

The problem is FAR removing the ModuleControlSurface module and replacing it with FARControllableSurface.

Solved with a MM patch:

@CONTRACT_TYPE:HAS[@REQUIREMENT[PartModuleUnlocked]]:AFTER[ContractConfigurator]
{
	@REQUIREMENT[PartModuleUnlocked]:HAS[#partModule[ModuleControlSurface]]
	{
		@partModule = FARControllableSurface
	}
}

Maybe change it to require either ModuleControlSurface or FARControllableSurface?

Edited by OminousPenguin

2 hours ago, Cipher_077 said:

does it work with MK2 expansion?

it does, there's just a small issue with the airbreathing solid rocket boosters unlocking the build an airplane contracts before you actually have air breathing engines unlocked.

16 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Seems to me, that glider exploding on impact and ejecting Val from pilots chair hardly qualifies as "safe" landing?

YBeso4W.jpg

Notice it says "safe" landing, not "sound." It's based on KSP's definition of a destroyed vessel... which is an unknown criteria, but I think it has to do with the command module being intact (and GAP adds the requirement that you not kill a Kerbal).

Edited by inigma

8 hours ago, inigma said:

Notice it says "safe" landing, not "sound." It's based on KSP's definition of a destroyed vessel... which is an unknown criteria, but I think it has to do with the command module being intact (and GAP adds the requirement that you not kill a Kerbal).

Okay. I thought the craft had to land intact, and wanted to let you know the mission may not be working as intended, but if there's nothing wrong, per se, then never mind.

hey @inigma !

I am having issues completing the KSP IslandPrep Contract.

What I did:

- flew to the island with 2 engineers and a pilot

- 1 engineer goes to the hangar waypoint

- the other goes up the tower

- comes back down

- places a flag

- flew back without the 2 engineers

- landed on the runway

The contract doesnt complete for me.

To be more precise:

[...]

plant a flag near the tower INCOMPLETE

walk to the tower COMPLETE

Plant a flag COMPLETE

[...]

safely: Incomplete

without destroying craft: complete

or killing anyone: complete

Jeb: incomplete

Ron: incomplete

Erilina: incomplete

I tried the contract several times and even tried to edit the contract file but couldnt get it to work....

edit:

After planting the flag with the pilot and leaving the engineer no2 in the tower that part worked just fine.

Maybe make it clear that you have to plant the flag with the pilot.

And now the "landing safely at KSC..." part doesnt complete. -.-

Edited by million_lights

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.