Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

Good news. Those of you experiencing contract generation issues, CC 1.19 through 1.20.2 and had an issue with failing to generate/offer contracts listed under nested groups (which for GAP meant all its contracts!). CC will roll out a much-needed fix for this and other issues shortly. That's one major issue down. More to come.

17 hours ago, inigma said:

The next GAP version will require a new save as several contract names have changed, which will really mess up some things.

that's an absolute bummer, how hard s it to edit save files to fix contract history?

17 minutes ago, Lupi said:

that's an absolute bummer, how hard s it to edit save files to fix contract history?

Technically keeping your GAP folder will not cause any issues, but it could lead to duplicate contracts appearing with some of the duplicates broke. To keep things clean, I recommend a clean install of GAP.  I will not be supporting GAP clean upfor those without a clean install. :) - because even I have already forgotten exact specifics. heh

20 hours ago, inigma said:

Technically keeping your GAP folder will not cause any issues, but it could lead to duplicate contracts appearing with some of the duplicates broke. To keep things clean, I recommend a clean install of GAP.  I will not be supporting GAP clean upfor those without a clean install. :) - because even I have already forgotten exact specifics. heh

I could theoretically just go in debug mode and complete all the new contracts, remove all the old ones, right? Or at least see where i am on the tree, and make mine look like that. Not all the individual contracts, of course, just the milestone ones. I don't need to go through and debug complete eevery airline contract fifty times.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/coc6hrgdwzckh8m/gap-free maybe.sfs?dl=0
For example, would this work?

Edited by Lupi

Nutso. VesselMover Continued isn't compatible with KSP 1.2, and moving stuff around with Hyper Edit is ... painfully slow and there is no way to reorient vessels with it which is what I really need.  That and Kerbal Engineer Redux isn't out yet for KSP 1.2 which means I'm blind on my exact pitch angles for spawning such craft.  I think I'm going to hold off on fixing any spawnable crafts in the contract pack for GAP 1.2.9 and just release as-is it after I comb through this thread for bugs and suggestions for anything else that needs fixing up. If you guys can bear with exploding aircraft carriers and island resort docks, I don't see there being any other issues with my current dev version of GAP 1.2.9 at the moment with KSP 1.2 and CC 1.20.3.

Edited by inigma

22 minutes ago, Bob Jub said:

I have B9 procedural winds and pruned all of my stock wing and control surface parts. So none of the aircraft contracts are unlocking, how can I fix this?

Do you have any stock wings or stock control surfaces unlocked?

Requires Contract Configurator 1.20.3 or higher from https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases
Requires Module Manager from https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager

Total Career Contracts Available: 70

10/28/16 GAP 1.2.9

• compatibility upgrade for KSP 1.2 and Contract Configurator 1.20.3
  • please remove your current GAP folder and install this new as many contract filesnames were changed, and some disabled until spawn issues with certain props are resolved.
  • reduced Mk3 crew cabin test requirement to 10,000m from 20,000m.
  • decoupled crew cabin testing from each other, so you can now test crew cabins idependently as you research them, and not in their assumed order.
  • Flight 102 requires either mk2 or mk3 cabin to be tested.
  • added Cargo directory in Assets for future cargo subassemblies for GAP 1.3.
  • readjusted min and max passengers for charters and regular service flights.
  • clarified contract titles for Flights 101-103 to inform users that a minimum crew of 3 (two pilots, 1 engineer) is required for all regular service flights.
  • removed crew requirements for Charter Flight 5 so that all charter flights only require a pilot and not additional crew.
  • cleaned up list code for inbound passenger contracts as some names were duplicated on roster unnecessarily.

10 hours ago, Bob Jub said:

Still no unlock, even after completing "Join SSI". Its telling me I don't have any parts with a control surface unlocked- I have ALL the parts unlocked.

remove all mods except Squad, Contract Configurator, and Contract Packs. Then do a force contract generation through the cheat menu.

42 minutes ago, inigma said:

remove all mods except Squad, Contract Configurator, and Contract Packs. Then do a force contract generation through the cheat menu.

That works but... playing without mods kind of kills it for me. Is there any ways to remove the contract parameter "unlock control surfaces" ? Or manually set to true?

1 hour ago, Bob Jub said:

That works but... playing without mods kind of kills it for me. Is there any ways to remove the contract parameter "unlock control surfaces" ? Or manually set to true?

um, going to stock  + GAP is only a troubleshooting step. next step is to re-add mods, probably starting with your wing mod.  You are welcome to edit GAP cfg files anytime.

54 minutes ago, gsamelon said:

why when i rescue on k2 the 2 kerbals are way up high floating and not coming down?

Im guessing its related to this bug he talked about earlier:

" Also, nightingale confirms the spawn code for buildings is buggy, so I can't fix the Flight 38 island resort contract, nor can I rely on values for your airport placements. Argh. He says its an issue with KSP itself.  I will be ripping out Flight 38 in next release as a result (bummers) until building spawn code works properly. Currently spending hours to get one building right, and even then it's not guaranteed. Just a waste of precious time at this point - although I think this only affects crafts that have had their root changed. Crafts with no re-roots tend to spawn ok (such as Jebediah's Tool Shed).  You are welcome to try discovering values that work for spawning your buildings at any location of your choice. If so, I will gladly draft a contract in for Lupi's Landing. "

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.