Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

Crew cabin should have some purpose in game right ? And this kind of contract is quite nice example. It would be hard to cover each mod and parts out there, so you must stick with stock parts for this kind of contract. Also, it is not too bad to combine parts from other mods with stock parts.

There would always some kind of limitation to create "perfect" contract configuration.

5 hours ago, Hacki said:

Bug? Report: 

The contracts "KSC Airlines: Flight 102" and 103 have a requirement "have a crew cabin", and they check that looking for the stock mk1, mk2 or mk3 crew cabin on the plane. 

That means crew cabin parts from mods such as airplane plus dont work for those contracts.

I dont have a solution other than ditching the crew cabin requirement, since checking for all possible crew cabins of all possible mods might be too much, and theres nothing unique about crew cabins, that wont be met by a command pod / cockpit.

airplane plus? ill see what i can do. i add compatibility as need arises.

2 minutes ago, inigma said:

airplane plus? ill see what i can do. i add compatibility as need arises.

As far as I can tell airplane plus doesnt have any crew cabins. Will check again and give you a list.

I stand corrected, it contains a  "size2CrewCabin" part. 

And for the hell of it here are a few other common* crew cabins

• Mk 2 Expansion
    • M2X_LongCabin
  • SXT
    • LMkIIIAircaftFus
    • LMkIIIAircaftFusLong

*Stuff I Found In My GameData

There would always some kind of limitation to create "perfect" contract configuration.

But if you intentionally left it like it is, that would be bad game design. The contract demands a crew cabin. Theres a crew cabin on your plane. It does not fulfill the requirement. Somebody with no coding / mod development experience will have no idea why and be frustrated. 

If there is no way to recognize all crew cabins, you could change the contract to "have a stock crew cabin" or "have crew cabin from manufacturer x".

I for one solved it by tweakscaling a mk1 crew cabin down to 10% so it doesnt take up much space or weight and stuck it somewhere to the fuselage. :P

6 hours ago, Hacki said:

But if you intentionally left it like it is, that would be bad game design. The contract demands a crew cabin. Theres a crew cabin on your plane. It does not fulfill the requirement. Somebody with no coding / mod development experience will have no idea why and be frustrated. 

If there is no way to recognize all crew cabins, you could change the contract to "have a stock crew cabin" or "have crew cabin from manufacturer x".

I for one solved it by tweakscaling a mk1 crew cabin down to 10% so it doesnt take up much space or weight and stuck it somewhere to the fuselage. :P

It's not bad design to require a crew cabin. Thankfully there aren't infinite mods out there. The most popular mods such as Airplane Plus should have supported crew cabins. I will work on that for next release.

Edited by inigma

1 hour ago, inigma said:

It's not bad design to require a crew cabin. Thankfully there aren't infinite mods out there. The most popular mods such as Airplane Plus should have supported crew cabins. I will work on that for next release.

Agreed.

Well technically...

Very true.

Yay!

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, mixmage said:

Installed the contract pack, but am not getting the join contract at the start.  I am running an alternate tech tree, could this be an incompatability?

which tech tree?

22 hours ago, inigma said:

are you using the beta GAP?

There's a beta GAP?

[edit] Oh, *that* beta. And an interesting way to remind myself as I started a new career/build of KSP, and forgot to apply this update. I was getting the Jeb's Barn missions again, and couldn't remember what the "fix" was. ;)

Edited by Beetlecat

• 1 month later...

Plus, mod AJE turns ModuleResourceIntake into AJEInlet. Please add this to requirement where resource intake is needed.

REQUIREMENT:NEEDS[AJE]
        {
            name = PartModuleUnlocked
            type = PartModuleUnlocked

partModule = AJEInlet
        }

@inigma

Hi, thanks for your mod. I tried it with RealsolarSystem, but doesn't work, maybe location for contracts is Kerbin and that's contracts cannot be loade, don't know. Could you advice me how to make it compatible? Or is there a patch that exists (but didn't find)?

Thanks!

EDIT: I changed all "kerbin" in GAP folder and replaced with "Earth" instead, and it worked! Maybe should release this as a little patch so RSS players can enjoy :)

Edited by kurgut

On 7/30/2018 at 8:24 AM, damowang2 said:

I noticed that *SOME mod will rename ModuleControlSurface to SyncModuleControlSurface. This breaks Wright missions because it does not see ModuleControlSurface being unlocked. Please verify.

do u know which mod?

On 7/30/2018 at 8:55 AM, damowang2 said:

Plus, mod AJE turns ModuleResourceIntake into AJEInlet. Please add this to requirement where resource intake is needed.

REQUIREMENT:NEEDS[AJE]
        {
            name = PartModuleUnlocked
            type = PartModuleUnlocked

partModule = AJEInlet
        }

will do!

On 7/30/2018 at 2:02 PM, kurgut said:

@inigma

Hi, thanks for your mod. I tried it with RealsolarSystem, but doesn't work, maybe location for contracts is Kerbin and that's contracts cannot be loade, don't know. Could you advice me how to make it compatible? Or is there a patch that exists (but didn't find)?

Thanks!

EDIT: I changed all "kerbin" in GAP folder and replaced with "Earth" instead, and it worked! Maybe should release this as a little patch so RSS players can enjoy :)

oooh thats an easy fix.  ill research a way to enter this as a patch... should be doable. thanks for pointing this out!

On 6/15/2018 at 1:55 PM, mixmage said:

ETT   Engineering based Tech  Tree

I will test this.

5 hours ago, inigma said:

oooh thats an easy fix.  ill research a way to enter this as a patch... should be doable. thanks for pointing this out!

Yee, contracts works mostly, but you might better check it ( didn't tried rescue, etc, I think there spawning locations will be incorrect). With a few patches like that, you could make it fully compatible (imagin a rescue mission at top of Himalaya ! )  

I'll say to you  through testing how it goes :)

im confused, in the description you keep talking about a bdarmory expansion, but if my 5 mins of googling is right that means you never made it, you should update the post or clearify what this bdarmory expansion thing is or was

Wildfire contracts ideas?  These might fit under the Coast Guard chain.

Been watching some of the videos of wildfire fighting, and thought they would make a great addition to GAP.

1. Spotter - Go to locations to spot signs of potential wildfires/assist firefighters. Is it possible to add a smoke source? Maybe a rocket engine with a fuel tank to represent a fire and/or cause

2. Rescue - Helo - Rescue trapped firefighters on the ground from their emergency shelter (use command pod to represent a tent).

3. Fire retardant dump - Carry oretanks to location and stage to decouple them from aircraft (low altitude, like 50m AGL).

Inspiration

https://www.facebook.com/InstructorChrisBaker/videos/876172322589207/?hc_ref=ARTxJ-oJjqAEFgL79sputGwmdVF_an1Nx2IAR9z6YYeipgeie8GZNqH9XZhSZpYfUdk

Edited by moronwrocket

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 12:38 AM, kurgut said:

Yee, contracts works mostly, but you might better check it ( didn't tried rescue, etc, I think there spawning locations will be incorrect). With a few patches like that, you could make it fully compatible (imagin a rescue mission at top of Himalaya ! )  

I'll say to you  through testing how it goes :)

Awesome to hear. All enabled contracts should be working, including spawn locations. For the most part. 

On 8/7/2018 at 12:23 PM, AtleSt said:

im confused, in the description you keep talking about a bdarmory expansion, but if my 5 mins of googling is right that means you never made it, you should update the post or clearify what this bdarmory expansion thing is or was

There is/was an experimental BD Armory contract. Pretty fun too. But I've not tested it yet though in the latest versions of KSP and BD Armory. It remains dormant though in the BDArmory Missions directory in GAP, and you are welcome to enable it by simply renaming the file and remove the .disabled name.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:31 PM, moronwrocket said:

Wildfire contracts ideas?  These might fit under the Coast Guard chain.

Been watching some of the videos of wildfire fighting, and thought they would make a great addition to GAP.

1. Spotter - Go to locations to spot signs of potential wildfires/assist firefighters. Is it possible to add a smoke source? Maybe a rocket engine with a fuel tank to represent a fire and/or cause

2. Rescue - Helo - Rescue trapped firefighters on the ground from their emergency shelter (use command pod to represent a tent).

3. Fire retardant dump - Carry oretanks to location and stage to decouple them from aircraft (low altitude, like 50m AGL).

Inspiration

https://www.facebook.com/InstructorChrisBaker/videos/876172322589207/?hc_ref=ARTxJ-oJjqAEFgL79sputGwmdVF_an1Nx2IAR9z6YYeipgeie8GZNqH9XZhSZpYfUdk

Neat ideas. Not sure if I can commit to developing these particular ones though as the existing contracts are presenting a challenge to maintain. However anyone is welcome to learn the config instructions for Contract Configurator and look through my contracts and copy and modify mine freely as needed to develop additional contracts for inclusion into GAP.

On 9/5/2018 at 9:35 AM, kurgut said:

Hi @inigma, I just thought to a contract you could add to GAP: the first solar powered plane! :) (or electric/ion powered for stock)

What do you think?

4lWs3GS.png

e9zSzhi.png

As mentioned above, anyone is free to learn Contract Configurator's config system to know how to make contracts, and copy/learn from mine to create contracts if you want yours added to GAP. I originally envisioned GAP as just a single contract to fly a plane to the island for some extra cash on a regular basis, but it ballooned into the project it is now, and I'm looking for contributing authors - anyone who wants to help improve GAP is welcome to. :)

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but is this contract pack compatible with Kerbin Side GAP?

I'm planning on installing both, as well as some other contract packs on my career, and since this is my first time doing so, I wanted to make sure so that I won't break my current save. 

I thought of scanning the whole thread first, but at 36 pages, it might take some time. I'll just post this question here while I do so.

Thanks a lot! Cheers~

hey guys, i seem to be running into an issue with 2500m flight contract and checked back six pages but couldnt find an answer - i cant get the line item for complete all preflight checks to complete, all three subtasks will complete fine but it doesnt seem to roll up to the parent - stationary, checklist, and request takeoff complete fine, but no all pre flight checks, seems like other contracts roll up to complete than fine, for instance barnstorming worked well and completes fine - am i missing something

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.