Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

On 7/30/2018 at 9:24 AM, damowang2 said:

I noticed that *SOME mod will rename ModuleControlSurface to SyncModuleControlSurface. This breaks Wright missions because it does not see ModuleControlSurface being unlocked. Please verify.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:08 PM, inigma said:

do u know which mod?

I was having the same problem so I investigated, and csurf_sync.cfg from Atmosphere Autopilot is the culprit!

I added SyncModuleControlSurface as a possibility for the relevant contracts and they worked!

On 10/3/2018 at 8:33 PM, theonegalen said:

I was having the same problem so I investigated, and csurf_sync.cfg from Atmosphere Autopilot is the culprit!

I added SyncModuleControlSurface as a possibility for the relevant contracts and they worked!

You are so awesome. I'll incorporate this too in the next release.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:20 PM, skbernard said:

hey guys, i seem to be running into an issue with 2500m flight contract and checked back six pages but couldnt find an answer - i cant get the line item for complete all preflight checks to complete, all three subtasks will complete fine but it doesnt seem to roll up to the parent - stationary, checklist, and request takeoff complete fine, but no all pre flight checks, seems like other contracts roll up to complete than fine, for instance barnstorming worked well and completes fine - am i missing something

possibly a bug in the loading of the contract itself. try cancelling the contract via the KSP debug menu, and then regenerate the contract (possibly reloading KSP along the way)

On 9/27/2018 at 2:56 AM, johnkeale said:

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but is this contract pack compatible with Kerbin Side GAP?

I'm planning on installing both, as well as some other contract packs on my career, and since this is my first time doing so, I wanted to make sure so that I won't break my current save. 

I thought of scanning the whole thread first, but at 36 pages, it might take some time. I'll just post this question here while I do so.

Thanks a lot! Cheers~

Ask the Kerbin Side GAP author. It is likely it is compatible. None of the contracts that I'm aware of overlap. If you run into issues, suspecting GAP/KSG fault, let us know.

On 10/5/2018 at 2:28 PM, inigma said:

Ask the Kerbin Side GAP author. It is likely it is compatible. None of the contracts that I'm aware of overlap. If you run into issues, suspecting GAP/KSG fault, let us know.

Will do! Though from reading the thread of Kerbin Side GAP, the author says that he made that when he was inspired by your contract pack, so I'm assuming that they are compatible somehow. Will inform both of you if I experience any issues. Thanks a lot!

On 10/5/2017 at 1:51 AM, Warro said:

@inigma:

I've got this problem too. In my case this was AtmosfereAutopilot incompartability (Issue #202 on Github), I guess, in @Vrana case there is something similar - one of the mod has changed PartModules to something not included in contract checks.

Been working on GAP today. Added to next release. thanks.

@inigma:

I've got this problem too. In my case this was AtmosfereAutopilot incompartability (Issue #202 on Github), I guess, in @Vrana case there is something similar - one of the mod has changed PartModules to something not included in contract checks.

Been working on GAP today. Added to next release. thanks.

And we have a Dessert Airfield contract. Yeah. I figured Id just program manual lat/long waypoints for now to get this to work.

SPOILERS:

plVB8HP.jpg

This is Billy-Bobkin's first flight over water. He's enjoying the in-flight movie.

viO9JaH.png

4LGjxG2.png

Billy is glad to see land again though.

Rdxg8OD.jpg

This is fun.

Exchanging passengers

37Uyb7b.jpg

Take off clearance.

ztnLWyq.jpg

Payout for KSC to Dessert is 10x the KSC to Island route. I think that's a good payout.

Edited by inigma

On 5/10/2018 at 1:32 PM, Mark Kerbin said:

As far as I can tell airplane plus doesnt have any crew cabins. Will check again and give you a list.

I stand corrected, it contains a  "size2CrewCabin" part. 

And for the hell of it here are a few other common* crew cabins

• Mk 2 Expansion
    • M2X_LongCabin
  • SXT
    • LMkIIIAircaftFus
    • LMkIIIAircaftFusLong

*Stuff I Found In My GameData

I've removed crew cabins as a requirement from KSC Airlines contracts to allow greater player freedom and longer term mod compatibility.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:55 AM, damowang2 said:

Plus, mod AJE turns ModuleResourceIntake into AJEInlet. Please add this to requirement where resource intake is needed.

REQUIREMENT:NEEDS[AJE]
        {
            name = PartModuleUnlocked
            type = PartModuleUnlocked

partModule = AJEInlet
        }

Added!

On 7/30/2018 at 2:02 PM, kurgut said:

@inigma

Hi, thanks for your mod. I tried it with RealsolarSystem, but doesn't work, maybe location for contracts is Kerbin and that's contracts cannot be loade, don't know. Could you advice me how to make it compatible? Or is there a patch that exists (but didn't find)?

Thanks!

EDIT: I changed all "kerbin" in GAP folder and replaced with "Earth" instead, and it worked! Maybe should release this as a little patch so RSS players can enjoy :)

You're welcome to research Module Manager configs for the best way to create a patch.cfg that I can put into the GAP patches folder. I'll be glad to add a patch if you make one! :D

On 9/29/2018 at 1:20 PM, skbernard said:

hey guys, i seem to be running into an issue with 2500m flight contract and checked back six pages but couldnt find an answer - i cant get the line item for complete all preflight checks to complete, all three subtasks will complete fine but it doesnt seem to roll up to the parent - stationary, checklist, and request takeoff complete fine, but no all pre flight checks, seems like other contracts roll up to complete than fine, for instance barnstorming worked well and completes fine - am i missing something

@inigma:

2500m contract tested working good on this end.    Been working on GAP today. Added issued #202 to this next release. thanks.

Edited by inigma

1 hour ago, aat said:

launching kerbal from command seats will become a stock feature in 1.5!!

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/177958-ksp-weekly-closer-to-bennu/

+1 to see this mod updated

since you are adding mission for dlc only, will it be compatible also with the base game without DLC?

awesome to hear.

GAP does not require the DLC. it only adds additional flights if you have DLC.

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

Great to hear about the update! I look forward to ferrying passengers halfway around the world!

its a long flight. :) took 2.5 hours round trip per the game time clock.  I'm having an issue trying to force recognition of one's launch site. Still waiting for Contract Configurator to implement a Launch site check before loading passengers, else through the magic of selecting the wrong launch site, you could end up delivering the very passengers to their destination straight from the space plane hangar (express service anyone?) Regardless, flying is so much fun that I will be releasing a new GAP so everyone can join in on the fun.

I finally got a Launch Site check that works. annnnddd...... Flight 201... the first round trip flight that originates from the Island Airfield. Its in the github. I'll flesh new flights from Island and Dessert now that I have a working prototype. Feel free to test whats on GitHub and let me know. I'll wrap this up tomorrow night.

Now THIS was fun. From the Dessert Airfield to the Island Airfield - for a night landing no less!

8zXVYBn.png

Next up... drafting a multi-leg flight... perhaps Dessert to Island to KSC and back?  Such a mission might require you to refuel somehow. Hmmm.. :D

Edited by inigma

2 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@inigma Or you can add Kerbin Side Remastered and possibly KSR Airports and have about 30 more options for places to go to.

To keep things simple, I'm keeping GAP flights to just stock and DLC destinations.

@inigma Ok, just if you seriously run out of destinations, you can look there. Also, maybe you can try KSC- Island Airfield - Dessert Airfield - KSC - Island Airfield with a limited fuel budget in total or something like that. Also, the Dessert Airfield - KSC - Island Airfield route sounds good. Looking forward to the next release.

Assets3

Requires the latest version of Contract Configurator from https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases
Requires Module Manager from https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager

Published: 10/14/18

GAP 1.4

• all KSC Airline flight contracts now check for launch site.
  • added Dessert Airfield as a destination for KSC Airline contracts. (requires Making History DLC)
  • added KSC Airline round trip contracts originating from Island Airfield (Flights 2xx) and Dessert Airfield (Flights 3xx). (requires Making History DLC)
  • added one-way contract from Dessert Airfield to Island Airfield (Flight 30)
  • added multi-leg round trip to all locations (Flight 360 - of course!) (requires Making History DLC)
  • removed all annoying preflight checks requirements before completing contracts.
  • updated Rescue at K2 contract with better instructions.
  • updated text and corrected many embarrassing spelling and grammar mistakes.
  • fixed newlines in contract descriptions.
  • added AirplanePlus integration (thank you DrRaphello)
  • added Atmosphere Autopilot compatibility (thank you theonegalen)
  • added compatibility for Advanced Jet Engine (thank you damowang2)
  • removed requiring a crew cabin for KSC Airlines contracts for greater freedom of design
Edited by inigma

Version 1.4.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.5

Released on 2018-10-14

Requires the latest version of Contract Configurator from https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Requires Module Manager from https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager

Published: 10/14/18

GAP 1.4.1

• fixed flag icons for contracts
  • fixed versioning for GitHub, CKAN, SpaceDock, and AVC

Hi @inigma,

First of all thanks for this great mod! I really enjoy it.

However with the Kerbin Side Remastered mod there is a lot more potential for your mod. Now you have already stated that you want to keep it to the vanilla game+dlc.

So my question is if you mind that I create some default flights from/to KSR airports in addition to your mod? I have already created some (successful) test flights with ContractConfigurator and KSR airports.

I wanted to DM you but since this is my first post in years I was not allowed to :cool:

Thanks!

On 10/21/2018 at 6:22 AM, Tommy1985 said:

Hi @inigma,

However with the Kerbin Side Remastered mod there is a lot more potential for your mod. Now you have already stated that you want to keep it to the vanilla game+dlc.

So my question is if you mind that I create some default flights from/to KSR airports in addition to your mod? I have already created some (successful) test flights with ContractConfigurator and KSR airports.

I wanted to DM you but since this is my first post in years I was not allowed to :cool:

Thanks!

That was where the old KerbinSide GAP mod came in -- it basically extended GAP to the newly added kerbinside bases and ports. Some were hard-coded missions, and others were generated based on what bases were open, etc. I'm not at all sure the condition of *that* mod. :)

11 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

That was where the old KerbinSide GAP mod came in -- it basically extended GAP to the newly added kerbinside bases and ports. Some were hard-coded missions, and others were generated based on what bases were open, etc. I'm not at all sure the condition of *that* mod. :)

Yes that's correct but Kerbin Side Remastered is a different mod then KerbinSide(continued). Also the author of KerbinSide has pointed out issues with the latest version.

My plan was to make GAP flights for Kerbin Side Remastered. But before I put a lot of time and effort in making the contracts I want to know if @inigma is cool with me using parts of his mod to create additional flights for KSR as follow up to the original GAP missions.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:22 AM, Tommy1985 said:

Hi @inigma,

Thanks!

You are totally free to do anything you wish. Feel free to copy GAP contracts for use in your pack. No credit necessary. :)  I consider GAP an open source project.  If you want to submit contracts for use in GAP, feel free to do so too. We can always do a NEEDS: statement for contracts to require certain mods before being made available. Either or, anyone has permission to use/expand/duplicate GAP or even fork GAP or any of its contracts into a new mod, no credit necessary.  GAP contracts are stock + dlc and were originally intended for proof of concept. I guess it sorta just expanded from there. heh.  Here's a link to the open license if ever anyone was wondering:

https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

Edited by inigma

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, inigma said:

Woot, Contract Configurator is out for KSP 1.5.1. Time to update GAP to reflect this. :D  @nightingale

I was about to chide you for bugging nightingale about updating this mod...  :D Thank  *YOU* for your attention. I think CC updating may be one of the last components needed for a new career go at KSP!

Edited by Beetlecat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.