Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

Hey!

I had an unusual (or so I though) contract failure. I had accepted the Mach 2.0 contract but I wasn't working on it. I was deorbiting a capsule which had a service module. I did my deorbit burn and then decoupled my service module as I entered the atmosphere (I was hoping it would survive re-entry and be picked up by Stage Recovery). I *did* neglect to empty the tanks on the service module before decoupling; something I normally do. As my now unpowered capsule descended through 55,000 meters, I heard my service module explode (and managed to catch a glimpse of its fiery death. That's when I got the messages that I had failed the Mach 2.0 mission, which surprised me.

I was using a modded capsule (the K2 command pod) and had no wings on my capsule nor on my service module. I would not have expected it to trigger my contract fail conditions.

Log is clean and showed no errors. This is mostly an FYI, as I can easily work around this by not accepting a GAP contract until I am ready to complete it, but I thought someone might want to know. Or something like that.

:)

Yes, like the previous report, anytime a different ship, even an intentionally dumped stage, explodes while I have a gap contract active, I fail the contract and lose money. It is something that can be worked around, but it's also quite annoying.

Edited by theonegalen

There's a small bug in Agent.cfg that causes an error in the log:

Spoiler

AGENT
{
    name = SSI Aerospace
    description = An engineering cooperative focused on developing and testing aerospace assets.
    logoURL = ContractPacks/GAP/Assets/Flags/SSI
    mentality = NoRandomContractMentality

}

misses the "title" field name

it should be:

Spoiler

AGENT
{
    name = SSI Aerospace
    title = SSI Aerospace
    description = An engineering cooperative focused on developing and testing aerospace assets.
    logoURL = ContractPacks/GAP/Assets/Flags/SSI
	mentality = NoRandomContractMentality

}

Good christ I've spent over a month struggling with the "Build a glider" part, I'm terrible at airplanes, I've looked at tutorials and everything but having to launch with SRBs and needing it to be manned makes it so difficult for my brain. Any tips?

1 hour ago, Raccoon said:

Good christ I've spent over a month struggling with the "Build a glider" part, I'm terrible at airplanes, I've looked at tutorials and everything but having to launch with SRBs and needing it to be manned makes it so difficult for my brain. Any tips?

build a plane with COL behind COM, add decoupler with booster, the booster should not be full, just add some fuel in it and low TWR and some fins to keep COL behind COM. launch it from launch stability system at 45 degrees... should work :)

On 3/21/2019 at 3:18 PM, Raccoon said:

I used a couple of sepertrons - it did a couple of back flips, moved about a metre, everyone survived :)

How to proceed with rescue climbers mission? I landed near one of the climbers but I can't control her.

Edit: Also I'm getting same missions after completing them instead of new missions. For example I completed "Barnstorm the Island ...." mission, now I have this mission avaliable but no money gain, only reputation.

XJD4x07.jpg

Edited by CanOmer

This a great mod and a mega thanks for making it 1.6+ compatible.

Couple of questions on tweakery for it.

1.) Is there a range/location setting I can change for rescue contracts? They are a bit close to KSC, and I would like to have them further out to make it a bit tougher. Or even have them on land or completely random.

2.) anyway to add extra locations to the airline? I was going to make a few ground bases around Kerbin, and maybe a water or deep sea base. Having flights there would be sweet.

3.) as above for climber contracts, if I can move them around and add a few more that would be sweet.

As some said above the climber contract is hard, mainly due to requiring 3 passenger seats which increases chopper mass by at least another ton for a cabin. As there is only two climbers, making it require only two seats would make more sense imo.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by AoD_Lexandro

Hi!

This contract pack looks really cool. But for some reason i don't get the initial contract, Wright's first flight. I've bought the parts (GAP contracts), but nothing appears. I see the other, yet disabled, contracts (such as reach 2500 altitude, which depends on Wright's first flight). I'm using SETI with Unmanned before Manned, if this matters. And many other mods. Any hint is appreciated, thank you!

Edited by whisp
More specific on SETI

On 3/31/2019 at 1:01 PM, whisp said:

Hi!

This contract pack looks really cool. But for some reason i don't get the initial contract, Wright's first flight. I've bought the parts (GAP contracts), but nothing appears. I see the other, yet disabled, contracts (such as reach 2500 altitude, which depends on Wright's first flight). I'm using SETI with Unmanned before Manned, if this matters. And many other mods. Any hint is appreciated, thank you!

i had the same problem, a reinstall (and cleanup of the installfolder) of ksp did solve it for me.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:54 PM, Shizen said:

Hello.

I have an issue wherein no matter how many times I accept and complete the "Barnstorm the Hangars" and "Build a Glider" they always return to the the available mission list.

Is this intended? Are they meant to be repeatable?

I understand the barnstorming missions are repeatable, but have a question on below...

I am seeing a similar issue that seems to be of non-progression, but with the KSC Airlines flights...I think they are named Flight 101, 102, 103, etc IIRC (sorry can't recall, at work right now). 

Disregard above, not an issue...GAP is all good!  Tnx again. 

Edited by Red Stapler

• 1 month later...

This mod is pretty sweet, I love having a reason to fly around, designing a VTOL capable of going up K2 kept me busy for days.

That said It would be nice if the missions became a little harder/diverse:

- multiple kerbals in the water

- kerbals on different peaks / mountains

- Wilderness expedition contracts ( Bringing six-odd kerbals to some god forsaken place in the desert/mountains)

- Increased distance for contracts 

On 4/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, gullymat said:

Hi!

I'm having the same problem. Is there any other way (besides reinstalling, I mean) that would solve this? Editing the save file so the Wright's first flight mission is completed, perhaps? (I'd rather find out how to do that, honestly)

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2019 at 3:57 PM, Dragevil said:

I'm having the same problem. Is there any other way (besides reinstalling, I mean) that would solve this? Editing the save file so the Wright's first flight mission is completed, perhaps? (I'd rather find out how to do that, honestly)

im having the same issue, is there any way, dont want to do a full reinstall. running multiple mods

9 hours ago, Dprince12 said:

im having the same issue, is there any way, dont want to do a full reinstall. running multiple mods

Create a backup of savegame file first. Under cheat menu (ALT+F12) there should be option about contracts to clear them out/cancel, like you didn't do any of them.
If that does not help, you may want uninstall only mods that brings contracts. And then try to add them back one by one. There some contract packs that have buged MM patches partly due to KSP changes, partly due to changes in MM. Most likely you would want to edit config files for SETI contracts, those are most likely culprit due to obsolete MM commands that no longer work properly.

Funny how you mention seti cause I am using. No idea how to do what your speaking of (changing configs) but I'll try uninstalling seti and see if the mission pops up. From there I should be able to put seti back in as that's the only one not showing up

On 7/29/2019 at 6:02 PM, Dprince12 said:

Funny how you mention seti cause I am using. No idea how to do what your speaking of (changing configs) but I'll try uninstalling seti and see if the mission pops up. From there I should be able to put seti back in as that's the only one not showing up

You can find some info about it in SETI thread, it was created with ARR licence, so only guidance how to fix config files are given there. After some time Spinkakron have re-invented SETI mod, or better said, he created Unkerbaled start mod, rewriting all config files but following basic SETI principles. SETI contract packs was not mentioned much there, but IIRC I come across from some warning messages coming from SETI, while I was inspecting log files. Not much anything too wrong is noticable within game.

I was not having patience to chase down all of culprit lines, so I just stoped using it and rally only on few contract packs that does not throw error messages in log files.

Hi, I'm having an issue with a single contract in this mod.  Break the sound barrier doesn't recognize any of the settings for some reason.  I've not had issues with any of the other contracts in this mod.  Love being able to do things with aircraft!

Log is here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yqcfKU0ViSqYjOEIHApAdBRxJXgaZXqq

Thanks.

uc?export=view&id=1fXHzo5s5mTTHUTCYTW4XQ

1 hour ago, Critter79606 said:

Hi, I'm having an issue with a single contract in this mod.  Break the sound barrier doesn't recognize any of the settings for some reason.  I've not had issues with any of the other contracts in this mod.  Love being able to do things with aircraft!

Log is here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yqcfKU0ViSqYjOEIHApAdBRxJXgaZXqq

Thanks.

It is hard to see from picture, but I think that you have forgot to wait for couple of seconds on runway before taking off.

10 hours ago, kcs123 said:

It is hard to see from picture, but I think that you have forgot to wait for couple of seconds on runway before taking off.

It didn't have that, but even if it had, the other check boxes should have filled when I reached altitude/speed.  Having the one qualification not filled would have not allowed it to complete.  I couldn't get it to register any of the values.

I forced it complete via the debug, as I met everything.  Funny thing is,  I didn't have any issues with the break Mach 2 with the same aircraft.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 7:58 PM, Critter79606 said:

It didn't have that, but even if it had, the other check boxes should have filled when I reached altitude/speed.  Having the one qualification not filled would have not allowed it to complete.  I couldn't get it to register any of the values.

I forced it complete via the debug, as I met everything.  Funny thing is,  I didn't have any issues with the break Mach 2 with the same aircraft.

That's strange, I don't think I had issues with it in my 1.7.3 game. Maybe it was 1.7.2.

I just had a fun idea, I don't think there are any stock contracts or contract packs that give you a mission to put a plane (something with only air-breathing engines) on another atmospheric body and do some of these challenges there. I've always really wanted to do plane stuff on these other planets but I haven't had a big reason to in the past.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.