Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

31 minutes ago, KawaiiLucy said:

Is it possible though to make this 'automatic'? I've been playing on 2.5x rescale, and noticed it wasn't possible to complete the barnstorming contracts, since the maximum allowed altituted was then below the ground. Adding a few meters manually in the config made it possible though, but it's kinda tedious.

Probably. By using custom MM patch that would multiply altitude values by rescale factor. Can't say if that should be within scope of this mod or not. Although, it probably not wise idea to multiply required altitude for each contract, only for those that are near or on ground levels. Or to write exact altitude for each contract and for each rescaled world.

• 2 months later...

I'm getting a bug I can't debug. It shouldn't be happening.

Wright group contracts aren't loading because CC can't find modules from FerramAerospaceResearchand AJE. But the config files have proper requirements so these errors shouldn't be showing up.

bhxvFSU.png

Spoiler

kzsN3P4.png

REQUIREMENT:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]
		{
			name = PartModuleUnlocked
			type = PartModuleUnlocked
			title = Aileron or Elevon

partModule = FARControllableSurface

}
Edited by Krzeszny

13 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

I'm getting a bug I can't debug. It shouldn't be happening.

Wright group contracts aren't loading because CC can't find modules from FerramAerospaceResearchand AJE. But the config files have proper requirements so these errors shouldn't be showing up.

bhxvFSU.png

Hide contents

kzsN3P4.png

REQUIREMENT:NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]
		{
			name = PartModuleUnlocked
			type = PartModuleUnlocked
			title = Aileron or Elevon

partModule = FARControllableSurface

}

Based on that error, it looks like FARControllableSurface doesn't exist in your game anywhere. It may be that FAR has changed and no longer uses that.

It might be worth downloading an old version of FAR, seeing what part(s) this was attached to, and then comparing it to the new one and replacing.

And then report back here so we know :D

27 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

Based on that error, it looks like FARControllableSurface doesn't exist in your game anywhere. It may be that FAR has changed and no longer uses that.

It might be worth downloading an old version of FAR, seeing what part(s) this was attached to, and then comparing it to the new one and replacing.

And then report back here so we know :D

You don't understand and I didn't explain it well.

FAR isn't installed. AJE isn't installed either. Those folders don't exist in GameData. That's why the requirements that cause the errors shouldn't be trying to load at all.

In other words, 

NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]

is not functioning properly (same with the one that needs AJE).

Edited by Krzeszny

29 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

You don't understand and I didn't explain it well.

FAR isn't installed. AJE isn't installed either. Those folders don't exist in GameData. That's why those requirements shouldn't be trying to load. They should be skipped, so no errors are to be expected.

ah.

Search under <KSP directory>\Logs\ModuleManager\ModuleManager.log for "FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch] maybe? See if something's mistakenly providing it?

Double edit: First, you can also search that file for "FerramAerospaceResearch" as well and see what's referencing it.

Second, I realize this is based on Contract Configurator, but my suspicion is that you've got something that thinks it's providing the entirety of FAR.

Third edit: First, it's FOR and not HAS. Second, no colon between HAS and the first bracket. :D

Edited by etmoonshade

31 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

ah.

Search under <KSP directory>\Logs\ModuleManager\ModuleManager.log for "HAS:[FerramAerospaceResearch]" maybe? See if something's mistakenly providing it?

btw it's :HAS, not HAS:

(to be clear, the same error is caused by missing FerramAerospaceResearch and AJE)

I checked the last ModuleManager.log without launching the game and there's no :HAS[Ferram or [AJE

The only [AJE] mentions are these

[LOG 00:08:12.064] :BEFORE[AJE] pass
[LOG 00:08:12.064] :FOR[AJE] pass
[LOG 00:08:12.066] :AFTER[AJE] pass
Edited by Krzeszny

1 hour ago, Krzeszny said:

This looks interesting, but I don't know what it means:

Non-DLL mods added (:FOR[xxx]):
  FerramAerospaceResearch
  (...)
  AJE

I haven't had enough caffeine or I'd have pointed that out earlier. Check my edit that your post didn't catch. :D

Mentioning HAS was a mistake on my part, my bad.

Edit: To be clear about it:

Those "FOR" statements from MM basically say that whatever has the FOR provides the full functionality of the mod specified. So if you have a "FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]" statement, MM thinks that you have FAR fully installed. Essentially, you've found the problem - you just need to find (again, MM logs) whatever has those FOR statements.

Edited by etmoonshade

2 hours ago, etmoonshade said:

I haven't had enough caffeine or I'd have pointed that out earlier. Check my edit that your post didn't catch. :D

Mentioning HAS was a mistake on my part, my bad.

I can't read either. Ok, so it's FOR. I looked for :FOR[Ferram and [AJE in GameData and found something.

First, there's a file called Custom_FARAeroData.cfg in GameData root directory and it contains the line "@FARAeroData:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]"

Second, there's AJE.cfg in DaMichel/Fuselage/Patches and it contains "@PART[DM-fuselage-intake]:NEEDS[AJE]:FOR[AJE]"

The first file obviously shouldn't be in GameData but is the second one also coded wrong? It would seem like MM loads FOR despite the NEEDS part not being correct. Anyway, I'm removing both and seeing if KSP works now.

EDIT: It works! So this is what was causing the bug that prevents the Wright group contracts from appearing.

Edited by Krzeszny
Tested

25 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

I can't read either. Ok, so it's FOR. I looked for :FOR[Ferram and [AJE in GameData and found something.

First, there's a file called Custom_FARAeroData.cfg in GameData root directory and it contains the line "@FARAeroData:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]"

Second, there's AJE.cfg in DaMichel/Fuselage/Patches and it contains "@PART[DM-fuselage-intake]:NEEDS[AJE]:FOR[AJE]"

The first file obviously shouldn't be in GameData but is the second one also coded wrong? It would seem like MM loads FOR despite the NEEDS part not being correct. Anyway, I'm removing both and seeing if KSP works now.

Assuming both of them reference only FAR/AJE exclusive stuff, you should be able to blow both of them away with no ill effects.

Also, I'd suggest mentioning this on the thread for whatever the second mod is. FOR vs. NEEDS is... if not a common error, a common enough one that it's immediately what I thought of (even if I couldn't remember the actual keyword :V) - the mod author might appreciate the heads up.

• 1 year later...

Hey, absolutely loving this contract pack so far. I love tinkering with planes in ksp, and this makes that useful. I see it's been asked about before a few pages(years) ago, but I was wondering if there's any plans for making more advanced Coast Guard type missions? If it's a matter of inputting some values in some code, I would be more than happy to fly around and find some neat places for contracts to take place and get the necessary information about the location, I'm guessing it would at least be height, lat and long. Although, some of the places I have in mind might take most craft capable of VTOL more than a day to reach, but I guess the timing is modifiable too.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've used the contract pack GAP (Giving Aircraft a Purpose) to generate cargo contracts with different payloads to the Abandoned Island and a few other locations.
I would like for a contract to request a random amount of cargo to be carried by the aircraft, but instead of a random value in a given interval (that can be given by 

numPassengers = Random(1, 10)

), I would like something like this:

waterAmount = chooseRandom(1, 3, 10, 30, 100, 300, 1000)

Is there such a function ? Where can I find info about that ?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.