Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

I found some major glitch in Coast Guard introductory mission. First, when I boarded the recovery craft with the victim kerbal, his model stayed outside completely uncontrollable (with errors in log) despite him actually being inside the craft. Upon return and recovery the mission ended in success, but the kerbal "ship" was still in water near KSC. I recovered him from KSC view (that might have been a huge mistake) and after I entered the Spaceplane Hangar and looked outside I noticed a clipped through model of a fully upgraded mission control building (I think) with a vertical wall of water nearby. The same happened in VAB and when I launched a craft from VAB the Kraken came and pulled the plug on the universe. The game nullreffed into oblivion and became unresponsive to input. Before I killed the process it managed to produce 25MB of log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/234b0jq1knbwgqv/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1aewm37652hed05/output_log.txt?dl=0

6 hours ago, million_lights said:

hey @inigma !

I am having issues completing the KSP IslandPrep Contract.

What I did:

- flew to the island with 2 engineers and a pilot

- 1 engineer goes to the hangar waypoint

- the other goes up the tower

- comes back down

- places a flag

- flew back without the 2 engineers

- landed on the runway

The contract doesnt complete for me.

To be more precise:

[...]

plant a flag near the tower INCOMPLETE

walk to the tower COMPLETE

Plant a flag COMPLETE

[...]

safely: Incomplete

without destroying craft: complete

or killing anyone: complete

Jeb: incomplete

Ron: incomplete

Erilina: incomplete

I tried the contract several times and even tried to edit the contract file but couldnt get it to work....

edit:

After planting the flag with the pilot and leaving the engineer no2 in the tower that part worked just fine.

Maybe make it clear that you have to plant the flag with the pilot.

And now the "landing safely at KSC..." part doesnt complete. -.-

Ya the contact requires leaving the engineers at the base. I should prob clarify the goals. Landing safely at KSC requires same craft to land and stop at KSC runway. If you have done so, there could be a reloading glitch. Just force compete the contract in alt f12.

When we get online together sometime I can show you how to debug a contract. 

I'm out sick today. Hope to be back Sun night. 

3 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

I found some major glitch in Coast Guard introductory mission. First, when I boarded the recovery craft with the victim kerbal, his model stayed outside completely uncontrollable (with errors in log) despite him actually being inside the craft. Upon return and recovery the mission ended in success, but the kerbal "ship" was still in water near KSC. I recovered him from KSC view (that might have been a huge mistake) and after I entered the Spaceplane Hangar and looked outside I noticed a clipped through model of a fully upgraded mission control building (I think) with a vertical wall of water nearby. The same happened in VAB and when I launched a craft from VAB the Kraken came and pulled the plug on the universe. The game nullreffed into oblivion and became unresponsive to input. Before I killed the process it managed to produce 25MB of log:

Sounds like a KSP bug. I'll test this later. 

On 4/26/2016 at 2:06 AM, vardicd said:

@inigma I noticed something that you might want to address, the Mk 2 Expansion mod now has a couple of parts that are air breathing solid rocket boosters:

"title = SP-R1 "Boost-O-Tron" Air-Augmented Solid Booster, and title = SP-R7 "Mallet" Air-Augmented Solid Booster"

These engines gets unlocked very early in the tech tree, and seems to cause G.A.P. to unlock the build a plane contracts, because of it's air breathing engine mode, yet because it's a solid rocket booster, it doesn't meet the requirements for the build a plane contract. Its a small thing, and I don't know if you want to look into it or not, but it can be confusing/annoying that the contract to make planes it being offered, before you actually have a valid air breathing engine for the contract.

Link to the relevant mod, if you wish to look into it.

http://imgur.com/a/tWNzw Album of screenshots showing the unlocked mission and parts in tech tree.

I don't think I'll be able to code this out of the air breathing engine check at the moment. Players will simply have to read the contract rules, and see that it requires a craft that does not have any solid fuel on board - perhaps prompting the player to research such an engine. :)

On 4/26/2016 at 4:04 AM, Lupi said:

I think the Barnstormer contract nuked my career save by nulreffing it to hell. It stopped once i deleted the barn from the KSC view, so i'm presuming the barn might be bugged? Maybe it's just a glitch with my save, but i thought it would be worth reporting. Unfortunately, i have no logs but my Alt+F2 was filled with constant NullReferenceExceptions in flight.

I could not duplicate. Loaded contract, barn loaded, launched a plane to fly over to make sure it was there. Landed plane. Recovered plane. Recovered Barn from KSC view (which gave me 60k for free, which is cheaty, and not intended). Not bugged on this end. The proper way to delete GAP artifacts is to simply cancel the associated contract. I tested in KSP 1.1.2 and GAP 1.2.4.

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎30 at 5:33 PM, inigma said:

I tested in KSP 1.1.2 and GAP 1.2.4.

Sir, you say you are testing in KSP v1.1.2.  CKAN is showing that the latest indexed version of your CP is keyed to v1.1.0.  Were you aware of this?  I see a release notation from six days ago, but I think that was still v1.1.0 territory.

21 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

Sir, you say you are testing in KSP v1.1.2.  CKAN is showing that the latest indexed version of your CP is keyed to v1.1.0.  Were you aware of this?  I see a release notation from six days ago, but I think that was still v1.1.0 territory.

yes i can't release 1.2.4 for 1.1.2 until the Command Seat issue with Contract Configurator is fixed.

6 minutes ago, inigma said:

yes i can't release 1.2.4 for 1.1.2 until the Command Seat issue with Contract Configurator is fixed.

I can report that Contract Configurator v1.11.3 is listed on CKAN as being affirmed compatible with KSP v1.1.2.

Just now, MisterFister said:

I can report that Contract Configurator v1.11.3 is listed on CKAN as being affirmed compatible with KSP v1.1.2.

thats not what i mean. :P  there is a bug in 1.11.13 making command seats not recogized for counting seats, which GAP needs.

So I experienced an oddity the other day that I presume is related to this mod. I was playing 1.1.0 and got the barnstorming mission while I had an ongoing flight around the moon for science. Whenever I'd be warping along my ship would suddenly have this giant barn attached to it (I had literally no idea what it was til later or I'd have screenshotted at the time) while orbiting at ~5km over the lunar surface. I'd thought I'd somehow collided with some easter egg sitting on a mountain or something while time warped and carried it away due to a glitch but then I left time warp and watched as the barn proceeded to slide off the back of the ship and take position ~1km off my ship's 'stern'. When I'd warp, it'd reattach itself to my ship like I'd switched on an electromagnet, leaving warp resulted in it falling back again. This proceeded for the entirety of the journey back to Kerbin through landing, the barn disappeared at some point during reentry but I can't say whether or not this was an actual disappearance, it somehow blew up on reentry (it had otherwise demonstrated no sign of having physics), or it just fell too far behind to see. A new flight didn't exhibit this issue and it wasn't til I saw the barn sitting on the KSC grass that I figured out what it was. I have no idea how to reproduce but thought I'd mention it just in case you might know what happened. :)

13 hours ago, Fallarnon said:

So I experienced an oddity the other day that I presume is related to this mod. I was playing 1.1.0 and got the barnstorming mission while I had an ongoing flight around the moon for science. Whenever I'd be warping along my ship would suddenly have this giant barn attached to it (I had literally no idea what it was til later or I'd have screenshotted at the time) while orbiting at ~5km over the lunar surface. I'd thought I'd somehow collided with some easter egg sitting on a mountain or something while time warped and carried it away due to a glitch but then I left time warp and watched as the barn proceeded to slide off the back of the ship and take position ~1km off my ship's 'stern'. When I'd warp, it'd reattach itself to my ship like I'd switched on an electromagnet, leaving warp resulted in it falling back again. This proceeded for the entirety of the journey back to Kerbin through landing, the barn disappeared at some point during reentry but I can't say whether or not this was an actual disappearance, it somehow blew up on reentry (it had otherwise demonstrated no sign of having physics), or it just fell too far behind to see. A new flight didn't exhibit this issue and it wasn't til I saw the barn sitting on the KSC grass that I figured out what it was. I have no idea how to reproduce but thought I'd mention it just in case you might know what happened. :)

Now THAT is weird. :)  I'm not sure how to duplicate such. Any ideas?

26 minutes ago, inigma said:

@Fallarnon - Usually that means some sort of exception happened and KSP has gotten into a bad state.  Post up a log and I'll be able to tell where the issue is happening.

2 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

Now I want to duplicate this. That's awesome. KSP needs more flying barns.

For spite I could just have the game spawn a copy of Jebediah's Barn somewhere on Tylo. :)  or underwater on Eve.

Edited by inigma

10 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Hello, @inigma, Contract Configurator is saying there's a problem with your contract pack.

Here's the error: 

Hide contents

oAmNW1c.png

And the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ZYgATQfNhBcUJlWGlEdkR2a0k

Do you have SXT partially installed? If so, do you also have the propellers installed? If you have the propellers, does the 550.cfg appear in your SXT/Parts/Aviation/Engine/propEngines folder?

@nightingale is it possible to code a requirement looking for a specific folder in a mod, since the mod is sometimes partially installed by players:

Requirement:NEEDS[SXT\Parts\Aviation\Engine\propEngines]

or is this a module manager question?

Edited by inigma

1 hour ago, inigma said:

Do you have SXT partially installed? If so, do you also have the propellers installed? If you have the propellers, does the 550.cfg appear in your SXT/Parts/Aviation/Engine/propEngines folder?

@nightingale is it possible to code a requirement looking for a specific folder in a mod, since the mod is sometimes partially installed by players:

Requirement:NEEDS[SXT\Parts\Aviation\Engine\propEngines]

or is this a module manager question?

That would be a module manager question, although I know sarbian had been reluctant to add that type of functionality in the past.

On 5/4/2016 at 1:36 PM, inigma said:

Not a clue. I may have accepted the contract mid-flight possibly using CapCom but I don't think I did, only thing I can think of though.

On 5/4/2016 at 2:03 PM, nightingale said:

@Fallarnon - Usually that means some sort of exception happened and KSP has gotten into a bad state.  Post up a log and I'll be able to tell where the issue is happening.

It's resolved itself at this point, landed the mission, collected my craft, life is good.... so far. :)

13 hours ago, theonegalen said:

I do not currently have any of the SXT propellers installed, no. I do have the large cargo aircraft from SXT.

That would be why. The contract thinks SXT is installed, and looking for propellers as a result. It's not necessary though, as it shouldn't prevent the contract from loading once you have an air breathing engine.

14 hours ago, theonegalen said:

I do not currently have any of the SXT propellers installed, no. I do have the large cargo aircraft from SXT.

I've removed SXT and KAX part checks since they already covered in the ModuleResourceIntake check. This should fix it for GAP 1.2.5 (which I hope to release just as soon as Take Command can get their seat counting stuff fixed)

edit:

Heh, looks like its working. GAP update coming soon.

Edited by inigma

25 minutes ago, EmpCris said:

Thank, GAP is great

Thanks. I'm just tryin' to figure out how to get GAP to work with Strategia's Pilot Focus. :)  Once done, I'll release.

On 4/30/2016 at 8:26 AM, m4ti140 said:

I tested this and can not duplicate.

Edited by inigma

Requires Contract Configurator 1.11.5 or higher fromhttps://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases

Total Career Contracts Available: 56

5/8/16 GAP 1.2.5

• now fully compatible with KSP 1.1.2.
  • removed redundant requirements for KAX and SXT parts for Wright-FirstFlight, CoastGuard-Certification, and IslandTours-Shoreline which were breaking GAP on partial KAX or SXT installs.
  • re-added craft definition to TourBus contract now that CC bug #462 was fixed several CC releases ago.
  • added recognition of Ferram Aerospace Research controllable surfaces for purpose of unlocking Glider and First Flight contracts.
  • clarified KSP IslandPrep instructions to leave engineers at waypoints.
  • added cfg for Strategia Pilot Focus which if enabled will give bonus rewards for completing GAP contracts. Check out Strategia today!
  • set AVC to make GAP compatible for all KSP versions going forward, since this is anticipated and dependent on Contract Configurator compatibility with KSP.
  • requires Contract Configurator 1.11.5 or higher

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.