Jump to content

Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard


Recommended Posts

Noob question, but when I fly out to sea to rescue an EVA'd Kerbal on a GAP contract, when I reach within physics range, the Kerbal starts sinking so I can never fulfill the contract.

What do?

 

Thanks.

 

EDIT: forgot to mention, I have Kerbalism installed, so once the Kerbal reaches around 300m deep, the pressure is too great and the Kerbal dies. I presume that's a Kerbalism thing and not stock behaviour... I haven't played stock KSP in years... :P

Edited by DavidHunter
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DavidHunter said:

Noob question, but when I fly out to sea to rescue an EVA'd Kerbal on a GAP contract, when I reach within physics range, the Kerbal starts sinking so I can never fulfill the contract.

What do?

 

Thanks.

 

EDIT: forgot to mention, I have Kerbalism installed, so once the Kerbal reaches around 300m deep, the pressure is too great and the Kerbal dies. I presume that's a Kerbalism thing and not stock behaviour... I haven't played stock KSP in years... :P

Maybe it has to do something with Kerbalisim?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe is a stupid question, but I'm stuck with this. For the "tour bus around KSC" mission how do I make the passengers jump into the bus I made? I have it parked next to them and nothing... I went on EVA and can't see any options or any way to control the passengers. Great mod by the way...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoilFace said:

Maybe is a stupid question, but I'm stuck with this. For the "tour bus around KSC" mission how do I make the passengers jump into the bus I made? I have it parked next to them and nothing... I went on EVA and can't see any options or any way to control the passengers. Great mod by the way...

Use the "switch to next vessel" buttons located right of the number keys to switch to the Kerbals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that several months of contract configurator updates left GAP in the dust; i'd recommend avoiding all contracts that spawn vessels in; i've had my game nullref (and almost lost my save) because of a glitched vessel spawn, and that's on the October version of CC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DocMop said:

I wouldn't use this mod in 1.2.2. Its technically broken.

I'd love to see an update for this. This is probably my favorite contract pack. I'd love to change my game back to 1.2.1 so I can play this mod again! Can't seem to figure out how.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody else have issue where kerbals die upon loading in? (They fall from too high) Also on the coast guard line of contracts, for K2 Easy, the kerbals I have to rescue are in the air rather than on the mountain. And when I get close, they go further up. Unfortunately I can't record it since KSP is laggy to all hell as it is w/o recording software. Any help is much appreciated because I'm loving it so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

@driver3ray

On 2/18/2017 at 7:17 PM, Lupi said:

It seems that several months of contract configurator updates left GAP in the dust; i'd recommend avoiding all contracts that spawn vessels in; i've had my game nullref (and almost lost my save) because of a glitched vessel spawn, and that's on the October version of CC. 

 

On 2/20/2017 at 4:23 AM, DocMop said:

I wouldn't use this mod in 1.2.2. Its technically broken.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Murican_Jeb said:

@driver3ray

 

 

Unfortuantely it's been neglected as I've been sucked into EVE Online. ha. I guess I was waiting for the update dust to settle with KSP before working on GAP updates.

 

Again, the offer is open to anyone willing to help make GAP compatible with recent changes to CC and KSP. Feel free to check out the github from here: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP and offer your corrections and bug reports.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

If anyone has AtmosphereAutopilot mod installed then the two first Wright contracts cannot be accepted due to unmet dependencies. You can fix it yourself by temporarily uninstalling AA or by applying this patch: link

 

On 20.03.2017 at 1:05 AM, marchingknight11 said:

Is there a way to disable certain contract types?  For example, I don't really enjoy helicopter missions (mainly because I am really bad at building helicopters that are flyable) so I'd like to be able to turn off those missions so that I can get some of the other types offered.


you can look into the mod's folder and delete the contracts you don't like.

The folders containing contracts are located in (on my PC): C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractPacks\GAP\

 

Edited by Raphaello
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've checked it on 1.3. Basic stuff seems to be working fine but the barnstorming mission requiring props doesn't work. I accept it, and the prop turns up, but the contract is not listed in "active" contracts. Other than that, no problems so far and Ive completed maybe 30 missions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I frequently have problems with the contracts that are supposed to spawn tourists at the runway that you have to pick up (rather than ones you pre-load into the airplane).

The problem?  It spawns them about 200 meters up in the air.  So they die from the fall before I have anything to do with them.  I hacked my way around it with the "hack gravity" cheat.  I make gravity 0.02% of normal, let them slowly fall and live, then set gravity back to normal before I pick them up.

But it seems weird for them to be spawning that high up instead of on the ground.

Edited by Steven Mading
Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...