Stryker's Modding Tutorial Videos

So I'm making modding videos as I go and i hope they help. They are long for one purpose: Completion 

First one:

Mig-15 Intake (Sketchup exporting, blender ajusting and uv mapping (Texturing in GIMP), blender exporing, unity to ksp and light ANIMATION) Enjoy! :D PS:This one is long because of one reason: details and completion in my next videos i'l skip the modelling and texturing part(i'l make a separate one for that). :)

Video Nº1

Second one:

Jet engine with nozzling(Better in video nº3) and fan/turbine spinning animation.

Video Nº2

Third one:

THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN BUGGING ME FOR A WEEK. Stockalike "Whiplash" and (partially) panther-like animations! :D I figured them out. Enjoy! (Panther one still needs further development)

Video Nº3

Fourth one:

KSP IVA's and Firespitter Engines

Video Nº4

Fifth one:

BDArmory Guns tutorial.

Video Nº5

Edited by strykersm

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting topic! I'm looking for info how to thrust reverse, without a visible animation, I hope a Unity thing only. Probably will study how to make spinning blades but if I can evade Blender I will do so, I use Wings3D for modeling.

Edited by Azimech

5 hours ago, Azimech said:

Interesting topic! I'm looking for info how to thrust reverse, without a visible animation, I hope a Unity thing only. Probably will study how to make spinning blades but if I can evade Blender I will do so, I use Wings3D for modeling.

Firespitter has a Module for that :) Only need to add it to the part.cfg ;)

55 minutes ago, strykersm said:

Firespitter has a Module for that :) Only need to add it to the part.cfg ;)

True that but I don't want to depend too much on third party modules for when KSP 1.1 arrives and breaks most mods again. The fact I'm using KerbPaint is terrible enough (and it will break for sure).

Edited by Azimech

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

True that but I don't want to depend too much on third party modules for when KSP 1.1 arrives and breaks most mods again. The fact I'm using KerbPaint is terrible enough (and it will break for sure).

You can relax when it comes to firespitter. They update the mod almost instantly ;)

Maybe I'll use it then. I've tried for hours.

Something else I've tried for hours: getting my prop blades spin like you did with your turbine. I animated the thing in Unity, it plays in the preview, I've tried it all over the place in the hierarchy but when I load it in KSP, FXModuleAnimateThrottle says it can't find the animation and I should check the model. I'm using 4.22. Maybe something you explained in the lengthy first video? The prop loads and works fine, delivers thrust and everything.

Edited by Azimech

7 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Maybe I'll use it then. I've tried for hours.

Something else I've tried for hours: getting my prop blades spin like you did with your turbine. I animated the thing in Unity, it plays in the preview, I've tried it all over the place in the hierarchy but when I load it in KSP, FXModuleAnimateThrottle says it can't find the animation and I should check the model. I'm using 4.22. Maybe something you explained in the lengthy first video? The prop loads and works fine, delivers thrust and everything.

Try instead using firespitter aswell bud :) That way you can even make another animation(It's just a mesh with transparent texture actually!) for prop blur. Watch my firespitter engine tutorial ;)

18 minutes ago, strykersm said:

Try instead using firespitter aswell bud :) That way you can even make another animation(It's just a mesh with transparent texture actually!) for prop blur. Watch my firespitter engine tutorial ;)

The thing is ... it's a ship prop. They don't rotate very fast. We now have this large collection of stock modules and it's possible to get the job done. It's a link somewhere in Unity I'm missing, because I can't get ModuleAnimateGeneric to work as well, needed for things like landing gear and such. Besides ... Firespitter can't do everything.

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

The thing is ... it's a ship prop. They don't rotate very fast. We now have this large collection of stock modules and it's possible to get the job done. It's a link somewhere in Unity I'm missing, because I can't get ModuleAnimateGeneric to work as well, needed for things like landing gear and such. Besides ... Firespitter can't do everything.

Well i'm kinda far away from modding now because of secondary projects but try to make posts on the forums where more experienced modders might help you...don't forget to post pictures, that way its alot easier to help you ;)

6 hours ago, strykersm said:

Well i'm kinda far away from modding now because of secondary projects but try to make posts on the forums where more experienced modders might help you...don't forget to post pictures, that way its alot easier to help you ;)

Thanks anyway for your reply. I'll find my way and surely your videos have been helpful. Good luck and have fun with your projects!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.