[1.0.5]AutoRove - autonomous rovermovement in the background

Wotano

On 07/06/2016 at 10:18 PM, aeTIos said:

Have not been online for a loooooooooong time. Just logged in to say thank you @Warezcrawler for reviving this mod. Now all we need is a thing to add RTS like base building and more automated stuffs like automatic supply routes via space. But this is a great start! :D

I think you might be looking for something like Routine Mission Manager for automatic supply routes. I haven't tried it myself, but have considered it from time to time.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nightside said:

Working good in 1.1.3, thanks @Wotano and @Warezcrawler.

Would it be possible to set travel speed in game? I would like to use this for boats and airships as well. They are fun to build but kind of tedious to actually fly any distance.

Well, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how this mod is functioning, and until I do I cannot promise any enhancements. Currently the speed is hardcoded in order to workaround an exception the mod threw in 1.1 upgrade (wheels where changed!).... And if I'm not mistaken, it checks is you are landed. However, you can easily add Autorove to any probe core using MM.

//--> I call this AutoRove for all

//Auto Rove for all probe bodies
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0]],!MODULE[AutoRoveModule]]:NEEDS[AutoRove]:AFTER[AutoRove]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AutoRoveModule
	}
}

//Auto Rove for  external command seat (seatExternalCmd)
@PART[seatExternalCmd]:HAS[!MODULE[AutoRoveModule]]:NEEDS[AutoRove]:AFTER[AutoRove]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = AutoRoveModule
	}
}

Maybe you will be in luck and Wotano will return at some point :)

Had a problem (KSP 1.1.3) with it not seeming to function. Don't know if it is a possible conflict since I used the above MM to add autorove to all unmanned probe cores and will try removing this later and report back if it solves the problem. The problem being I can select start autorove and enter where to go to, but upon returning to the space center and opening the AR window no rovers are shown even after time acceleration to allow it to refresh and even loading another ship. Upon returning to the rover in question I found it had not moved, though the context window for the probe core had an option to stop autorove. Has such been encountered before?

EDIT: Ah ha! I removed the MM file listed above so there is only one AutoRove module on the rover and it seems to be working. Good safety tip, only one probe core on a rover that has AutoRove otherwise it looks like it gets confused. :)

Edited by JeffreyCor

I don't think I have ever had a rover with multiple probe cores, but I have been playing with the above MM for months now, and do in generel not have issues with it - but maybe there is something with multicore rovers....

However, I have observed that AutoRove in certain cases does not catch vessels sitting on the runway. But driving them right of it have done the trick for me so far.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2016 at 11:19 AM, Warezcrawler said:

I've been working on getting it to work in 1.1.2 since the author is doing other stuff :(

I think it is somewhat running now. I've hardcoded some elements to get it working again, so speed is fixed, but at least it is roving.

Try it out: AutoRove 1.1.2

Thank you @Warezcrawler!  And @Wotano for the original.  I never actually used this mod until very recently / 1.1.3.  Working great for me.  I installed and tested it thoroughly, no issues found whatsoever!  It even works with rescaled planets (I'm using KScale64).

I did discover some tips if anyone else is thinking about trying this though...

1) Don't visit your rover while it's traveling through water.  First off it'll start on the sea floor and take a veeeeerry long time to float to the surface.  Aaand then it won't autorove because it's situation is now splashed-down instead of landed.  (Not that rovers generally cross oceans...)

2)  This mod pairs VERY well with Waypoint Manager which will let you nab the longitude and latitude just by placing a custom waypoint on the map.  The waypoint list shows the coordiates in degrees/feet/inches but the waypoint edit dialogue gives it in the same decimals that Autorove uses.

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2016 at 5:27 PM, Warezcrawler said:

I have no clue about you colliding issue. However, I do think I made the change for when the window button in the stock toolbar shows up. Since it's not integrated to Blizzy's toolbar, I modified it so that it is only present in spacecenter + tracking station. This is more to my liking, but we are all different :)

I can upload the source if you want to change that back yourself.

Uploading the source would be much appreciated!  (And it's also the rules of the forum.)

• 1 month later...

I managed to get this mod running again. I'm sorry to say that, that meant disabling checks for solor energy and other sources of power for the rover. But initial tests show that it is in fact running again, and I still find it better that not having it....

Try it out if you are missing this mod, as I am.

Autorove 1.2.0

SOURCE

This mod is what makes rovers fun for me, maybe you too?

45 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

I managed to get this mod running again. I'm sorry to say that, that meant disabling checks for solor energy and other sources of power for the rover. But initial tests show that it is in fact running again, and I still find it better that not having it....

Try it out if you are missing this mod, as I am.

Autorove 1.2.0

SOURCE

This mod is what makes rovers fun for me, maybe you too?

I also loved this mod. With 1.2 appeared a new mod with similar functionality from another guy. All stock electricity calculations are there and will hopefully support MKS Reactors.

Edited by Enceos

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, mcm001 said:

Hi,

I don't know how active this thread still is. I saw Bon Voyage (which got recompiled for 1.3), but I would prefer to use Autorove. Are there any plans to update to 1.3 anytime soon?

You really should not expect an update of autorove. It has been "dead" a long time. Personally I prefer Bon Voyage, which is also more efficiently coded as far as I can see. So for me, it's better performance and functionality.

That said, I loved this mod which pioneered automatic roving!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.