I just discovered a building noclip bug. It's awesome.

I sadly am unable to repeat this bug after rebooting the game, so I'm posting this comedy rather then as a bug report.

Although this bug is incredibly entertaining, it is a bug. :cool:

It most likely has something to do with clipping the armed landing gear with other parts. This craft spawns under the launchpad and performs the landing gear bounce down there, rather than the usual spawning on top of the runway and bouncing. I thought it was just the runway at the start but upon further investigation it appears as though this craft clips completely through every single structure in the KSC with exception of the actual ground. Kerbal can still enter and exit the craft, although the kerbal is also nocliped on everything. 

8 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I sadly am unable to repeat this bug after rebooting the game, so I'm posting this comedy rather then as a bug report.

Although this bug is incredibly entertaining, it is a bug. :cool:

It most likely has something to do with clipping the armed landing gear with other parts. This craft spawns under the launchpad and performs the landing gear bounce down there, rather than the usual spawning on top of the runway and bouncing. I thought it was just the runway at the start but upon further investigation it appears as though this craft clips completely through every single structure in the KSC with exception of the actual ground. Kerbal can still enter and exit the craft, although the kerbal is also nocliped on everything. 

Stealth mode activated! Cool looking aircraft too. Why did you dock the wings?

I just saw the video. Looks fun!

1 hour ago, Majorjim said:

Stealth mode activated! Cool looking aircraft too. Why did you dock the wings?

I just saw the video. Looks fun!

This is an earlier model of the plane in that video! The wings are docked so I can undock them to rotate the wing for storage.

- Speaking of that video, what's your opinion on that music? I thought it would be a funny touch to that video but some people are very much disliking it.

Just now, Avera9eJoe said:

This is an earlier model of the plane in that video! The wings are docked so I can undock them to rotate the wing for storage.

- Speaking of that video, what's your opinion on that music? I thought it would be a funny touch to that video but some people are very much disliking it.

The music is not to my tastes but I didn't think it's too bad. It's that metal version of the KSP music right? Who made it?

I've actually experienced this bug before as well. It was in version 0.25 I believe, and I was able to reproduce it consistently. Often, but not always, when I tested my aircraft, It would spawn inside the runway with no collisions. I could then fly it through the runway, and all the other KSC buildings as well.

I'm not sure what was causing it since I had a lot of mods installed at the time... I think I may still have that old KSP version lying around. I'll have to boot it up and see if I can still reproduce it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.