New Comms Parts vs Old Comms Parts

I think this is in the right place...

I am about to launch a long-term project and construct it in Kerbin orbit. I know that the comms parts will be changing, and I am wondering if they will break ships with current comms parts on them. Should I wait until 1.1 comes out?

AFAIK the current science sending antennae won't be replaced. Maybe with better textures and/or models. However there will be more parts added dedicated to communication (between Kerbin and probes) only.

I might be wrong though. Haven't been paying much attention to the latest dev notes.

10 hours ago, Sovek said:

1.1 is probably going to break save files anyway, so probably something of a moot point.

The devs said that the update would not break save game compatibility ... but again, even if game compatibility is maintained, some parts will surely not work ( or even look ) in the same way and that might bork some ships out. See what happened to some planes with the Porkjet parts getting to stock ( the parts that already existed had diferent weights and shapes ) or when probes got their SAS/autopilot changes ( any scientist transporter that relied on a Stayputink core for SAS became useless :D )

Edited by r_rolo1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.