CHECK HERE FIRST - common suggestions.

Show orbit direction of selected/targeted vessel like with satelite contracts so you can see the direction.

Show fuel in map mode as in normal view

Show velocity and altitude together and on all screens (map mode)

Add 3.75 and 5m parts in order to reduce part count and to make bigger ships easier to build

Implement LH2 as official fuel option to LF

Show contract details in VAB/SPH as well, and improve width/length for easier viewing

Bigger VAB and SPH

Implement Reinforced Joints as a standard feature

Just some ideas

Maybe change the title to "List of Links to Common Suggestions". Your description is also vague about this, there is only one sentence somewhere 2/3 though your comments that it is intended to only link to suggestions.

Edited by Jimbodiah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe an alternate galaxy that must be unlocked after career mode completion and in the galaxy an alternate Kerbin with alternate beings. Maybe villains to Kerbals. Just alternate stuff. It'd be so cool. But the villains to kerbals can't look like kerbals. They have to look different. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ive looked thru the commonly requested section but couldnt see my idea, wondering if its ever been mentioned? 

I see ppl making boats etc, what about an addition to KSC, another building with pier into sea, so you can build boats and launch straight into sea.

sure its been mentioned, but hey ho, cant see it so here it is :)

It has been suggested a couple of times but not ad nauseam. I think it could be cool but I imagine we wouldn't see it until there was a pass made at undersea exploration with biomes and propellers and ballast tanks and all that--which is to say not soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

The threads suggesting parts are back and spreading really fast!

Maybe this thread should be renamed to something "CHECK THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU POST A SUGGESTION", or something like that?

• 2 weeks later...

KSP has one big technical flaw: If one has a poor performance (AKA average spec computer), the game often slows down heavily. I don't understand, why does KSP do so? Most games of any kind have a system-time based clock or any other clock that forces game time to be the same as real time (this also includes many Unity games). Doing so could also be a good step towards multiplayer, because if one wants to have a multiplayer without tons of bugs, the time needs to be common with all players (or, if time warp can be used like on most DMP servers, the time must be common between players in the same "time frame").

On 6/3/2016 at 0:37 AM, TheDestroyer111 said:

KSP has one big technical flaw: If one has a poor performance (AKA average spec computer), the game often slows down heavily. I don't understand, why does KSP do so? Most games of any kind have a system-time based clock or any other clock that forces game time to be the same as real time (this also includes many Unity games). Doing so could also be a good step towards multiplayer, because if one wants to have a multiplayer without tons of bugs, the time needs to be common with all players (or, if time warp can be used like on most DMP servers, the time must be common between players in the same "time frame").

Yes, of all the "imagined problems" people have regarding KSP:MP this is probably the one, most obvious, which is probably least imagined. My experience in DMP has learned me that even when you click that sync button it doesn't take long for difference in CPU clocks between 1 or more clients and the server to turn any craft in the "experience" into kessler-cloud-soup.

On 6/4/2016 at 7:37 PM, Dills0n said:

Yes, of all the "imagined problems" people have regarding KSP:MP this is probably the one, most obvious, which is probably least imagined. My experience in DMP has learned me that even when you click that sync button it doesn't take long for difference in CPU clocks between 1 or more clients and the server to turn any craft in the "experience" into kessler-cloud-soup.

There is no real difference in CPU clocks, as these are clocks that get a one second error per many years. The issue is that the game physics clock is often very different for everyone - the physics clock somehow doesn't force itself to match the CPU and it is this what messes everything up.

On 03/06/2016 at 8:37 AM, TheDestroyer111 said:

This is not a bug, this is a deliberate design decision and the delta time can be adjusted by the player for best performance, see the delta time slider in the settings screen.

A low delta time will result in a smoother frame rate at the cost of a slower simulation, a high delta time inverts this.

Most games do not stress the CPU very much unlike KSP, because they do not model physics to any great degree, I'm afraid that if you really need more performance in KSP you may want to consider a newer CPU.

See here for more information.

A lot of duplicate suggestions are emerging since the old "What Not To Suggest" title is gone.

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling that people seem to not pay attention to this one since there's no big "What Not To Do" warning in the title.

On 15/06/2016 at 11:57 PM, Veeltch said:

A lot of duplicate suggestions are emerging since the old "What Not To Suggest" title is gone.

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling that people seem to not pay attention to this one since there's no big "What Not To Do" warning in the title.

Yeah I know, but moderators can merge things as and when necessary, people will suggest stuff whether or not there's a list, but I think this way is better as it encourages discussion of suggestions instead of just shutting them down.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On engine change, is getting a custom build of Unity with a newer mono version and thus better GC also a no?

I know Squad has looked into this and said it was too expensive.  However, that was also before Microsoft changed the license on much of Mono and drastically lowered the price of the Non-Open-Source platform commercial version.  This should change the situation here.

• 9 months later...
30 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

My suggestion is a simple one that I expect Squad will listen to. Please ad undo buttons to the editor in the VAB and SPH

You can actually use the keybinds Ctrl+z/Ctrl+y to undo/redo your actions. It' s about as handy as you think it is. The need for a button seems arbitrary with these already implemented.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.